22. Louisville
  23. Kansas
  24. SMU
  25. Iowa
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

I have some worries still about what our team is next year. DLine needs a major rebuild, secondary is still a problem, offense needs to find some weapons for Quinn. I hope we win every game but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 2-3 with the schedule we have.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have some worries still about what our team is next year. DLine needs. Major rebuild, secondary is still a problem, offense needs to find some weapons for Quinn. I hope we win every game but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 2-3 with the schedule we have.

Rachel Dratch Television GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have some worries still about what our team is next year. DLine needs. Major rebuild, secondary is still a problem, offense needs to find some weapons for Quinn. I hope we win every game but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 2-3 with the schedule we have.

10-2 is a good floor, IMO. Losses to Michigan and Georgia. We should be favored in all the rest. 

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

10-2 is a good floor, IMO. Losses to Michigan and Georgia. We should be favored in all the rest. 

Yea I agree. If we can take one of those two then we could be a one loss team. I still worry about someone else getting us but we seemed to bury that this year. 

8 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Our schedule is a fucking gauntlet next year. If we finish with 2 losses then we will be in the playoff.

....ehhh we probably got the easier draw compared to OU. It's hard, with a quality OOC opponent, but it's not Florida's schedule.

29 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Have to sweep blOU, Arky and A&M. Michigan and Georgia are probable losses. I think 9-3 and a Top 15 ranking is the most likely outcome. But it's early and we're still gathering help from the portal.

lol no. We are every bit as scary to them as they are to us. Pussy

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, texifornia said:

....ehhh we probably got the easier draw compared to OU. It's hard, with a quality OOC opponent, but it's not Florida's schedule.

You guys are definitely better AND have the easier draw.  I need to get me some kool aid.  

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

Jesus.  I  think you guys are really good next year.  But your floor is 10-2?  Lol

Yeah I see anything from 4 losses to undefeated for Texas. With 4 losses and undefeated both being pretty unlikely. More likely than not Texas finishes with 2 losses and a playoff berth. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Have to sweep blOU, Arky and A&M. Michigan and Georgia are probable losses. I think 9-3 and a Top 15 ranking is the most likely outcome. But it's early and we're still gathering help from the portal.
Fuck that, we can beat both of those teams. It's not like both Meechigan and Georgia arent losing players as well.

1 hour ago, hobbes2702 said:

I have some worries still about what our team is next year. DLine needs a major rebuild, secondary is still a problem, offense needs to find some weapons for Quinn. I hope we win every game but I wouldn’t be surprised if we lost 2-3 with the schedule we have.

juicy lucy cat GIF by Wentworth

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AnotherLawyer said:

I'm afraid to set my expectations too high with us losing Sweat and Murphy and still having a big question mark in the secondary, but the floor is 12-2. Michigan is losing way more than us, we get Georgia at home, and 0u doesn't have Gabriel under center. Which three do we lose @ChiTownDoc?

Which 3 or 3?  Happy to bet on over 2 regular season losses.  Schedules are brutal next year.  

edit: and no it’s no slam dunk on 3.  But floor implies that’s the worst you’re gonna do.  That’s insane to me.  But for fun I’d put a little on it.  I’d guess vegas sets loss total at 2.  So that would be a push. 

Edited by ChiTownDoc

3 hours ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Texas 9-1 odds of winning the national championship next year. Georgia the favorite.

Texas Odds.jpg

I need a bank to loan me $22 million at a reasonable interest rate for one year, so I can reverse bet aggy for all the marbles.  That's literally the easiest million anybody ever made.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We will beat UM, they lose a shitload of people.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Poor aggy.

It's interesting to see who is expected to be strong next year. The exact rankings don't matter much. We'll have every opportunity to earn a high ranking on the field.

The most fun thing about the rating is the absence of those Fightin' Texas Aggies from Texas. Imagine their pleasure when Plan 2024 kicks in, and they finally grab their "natty." 

I'm sure ESiPN, an asset in the tu Media Conglomerate, leaving out off the list will make the Aggies even tougher. They'll have a chips on their shoulders and lunch pails in their calloused, working man hands. "Nobody believed in us except for the Aggie Network. Now the college football world trembles in the shadow of the waking giant."

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

You are horrible at offseasoning.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
5 hours ago, satyanash said:

We will beat UM, they lose a shitload of people.

Yeah. This really was a do or die year for them. They don't reload like Bama, Georgia, or even Ohio State do. 

7 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Agree, but now 2 losses could get you into the playoffs.  I guess getting there is like the new "Big 4NYD" bowl goal from the past.