2024 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round

TonyTexas

14 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Texas has played 3 of the 4 remaining QBs.   Purdy was 3-1 vs. Texas.  Did we think that Mahomes, Goff, Purdy would be SB QBs? You never know what talent you see in college.  

mahomes is on a HoF path, unreal 

8 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

I was there as well. When ND first came out of the locker room, I went “Oh shit”. Those guys were huge. I also remember that it was really cold. 

Yep, it was really cold.  An ice storm hit the Austin area the night before the game.  Had to turn around in my friend’s car on I-35 near Georgetown and made it back to campus in time for us to buy ride up to the game on the TexEx alumni bus.  I seem to recall Texas had six turnovers that were killers but ND was really good.

25 minutes ago, slorch said:

I cried over the Catch.  But I was fucking 10.   and Montana meant to throw that fucking ball away.

Yeah, first and last time I cried over a sports result was when I was 10, too. 1976 Daytona 500. Watching it live on ABC. Richard Petty and David Pearson banging doors and crash on the last lap. Petty's car stalls in the grass while Pearson gets his re-fired and finishes 1st. I broke down. Good times. 

OK, ok. It might've gotten a little dusty in here when VY crossed the goal line on 4th & 5.

Edited by wood

And then there were three.

Four, if you include Kyle. Which I most definitely do.

On the bright side, no matter who wins next weekend, we'll have at least one Longhorn in the Superb Owl -- either Omenihu (KC), or Duvernay/Tucker (BAL).

Whaddaya think the outcome of tonight's game was if Poona were healthy? I don't think KC is nearly so effective running the ball.

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

And then there were three.

Four, if you include Kyle. Which I most definitely do.

On the bright side, no matter who wins next weekend, we'll have at least one Longhorn in the Superb Owl -- either Omenihu (KC), or Duvernay/Tucker (BAL).

Whaddaya think the outcome of tonight's game was if Poona were healthy? I don't think KC is nearly so effective running the ball.

image.thumb.jpeg.76b098d5bf07bbe32f0e207afac2efa2.jpeg

The Diggs one in the 4th qtr was very bad. Allen threw a perfect ball and it went right through his hands. That would have been a massive play. The other one was a little tougher but you need to find a way to hold on.
Buffalo was even fortunate enough to have life after they tried a weird fake punt play and then KC got inside the 5 and then fumbled through the endzone the next play. Would have pushed the lead to 10 right there. Allen also tried to fumble the game away and instead of falling on the ball, tried to play hero ball and scoop and score. Buffalo retains possession and keeps driving. There was also a ball on that drive that Allen threw where it was very close to being picked and could have been if the KC player didn't make a play to swat it away. Another KC defender sitting right behind him and could have taken it the other way.
So much went Buffalo's way tonight, at home, had several leads, playing against Mahomes worst supporting cast he has had and still could not find a way to win.
In the Brady vs Mahomes comparison, Manning did breakthrough when he finally got the game at home against Brady in the 2006 playoffs. Allen couldn;'t breakthrough when he finallt gets Mahomes at home. This reminds me of Brett Favre at Green Bay not being able to beat Dallas at all.

I won’t lie…that Allen pass might’ve been the prettiest pass I’ve ever seen and fucking Stefon dropped it

That’s the first play to come to mind with this game..that thing was a damn piss missile in the cold

8 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

Hey, Detroit has never lost a Super Bowl.

Just sayin - @Juicy can verify

Absofuckinglutely. I feel like I am in Bizarro world right now in terms of Football. I know beating SF isn't going to be easy, but just to play in the damn super bowl would be incredible. After the asswhooping that Baltimore put on the lions earlier this year, I really don't think the lions can beat them. So as much as it makes me puke..... Go Chiefs. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Quagmire said:

The Kelce brothers self promotion of themselves is so douchy, what a coincidence they have pod casts and his brother is up there acting crazy to get air time. Wouldn’t be surprised if the swift thing was fake

Oh yeah, ya think so?

1 hour ago, TreatyOak said:

Best comment from TikTok: Is the Bills stadium built on an Indian graveyard?  

Im thinking they’re cursed because the white man nearly caused buffalos to go extinct by needless slaughtering.

• Hook 'Em 1

The Kelce brothers self promotion of themselves is so douchy, what a coincidence they have pod casts and his brother is up there acting crazy to get air time. Wouldn’t be surprised if the swift thing was fake

A billionaire pop star is faking a relationship and putting up with all of the scrutiny and paparazzi it brings in order to promote a podcast for two football players?

Yeah, that totally makes sense... 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Quagmire said:

You don't think they're in love?

Just came to say that I love watching Josh Allen play football. That dude is entertaining to watch. His arm is ridiculous and he runs like a kid going through a growth spurt and just barrels over people. 

A billionaire pop star is faking a relationship and putting up with all of the scrutiny and paparazzi it brings in order to promote a podcast for two football players?

Uhh she benefits too dumb fuck , you said it yourself

57 minutes ago, Hawndoh said:

Forget it Jake, it’s the football board. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Also, if I never see another commercial with Gronk, Kelce, and Mahomes, it won't be soon enough. Talk about oversaturation.

Don't look now, but Baker is heating back up.  LOLz.

7 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

someone please start the finals thread - no one likes the way i do it

lions will put up a fight but 9ers will cover whatever the line is

chefs/nevermores is another toss up

I gotta problem with how you are passing the finals thread off…

Uhh she benefits too dumb fuck , you said it yourself

Not really, she was already a worldwide mega star, she hasn't gained any notable following because of Kelce. I doubt her strategy is to get a few football fans from Kansas City to buy her albums, especially when it has also turned fans of other teams against her because of the constant coverage, people who otherwise probably had no opinion one way or the other about her, so the football angle is, at best, a wash. Conversely, hundreds of millions of people now know Kelce who otherwise didn't. He was already pretty famous by NFL player standards, but nowhere near Swift's fame. The benefits of that relationship flow solely in his direction.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Chiefs are going to be the go to team for a lot of HS kids who give zero fucks about the sport thanks to Taylor. Wonder how his jersey sales are doing since this started.

I've seen several red and yellow shirts that say "Go Taylors Boyfriend!" or something similar. I doubt either get royalties from that though. I'm sure they started selling pink Kelce jerseys at a much higher rate ala Jessica Simpson.

• Hook 'Em 1

24 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Not really, she was already a worldwide mega star, she hasn't gained any notable following because of Kelce. I doubt her strategy is to get a few football fans from Kansas City to buy her albums, especially when it has also turned fans of other teams against her because of the constant coverage, people who otherwise probably had no opinion one way or the other about her, so the football angle is, at best, a wash. Conversely, hundreds of millions of people now know Kelce who otherwise didn't. He was already pretty famous by NFL player standards, but nowhere near Swift's fame. The benefits of that relationship flow solely in his direction.

This.  Do people on this page not understand that Taylor Swift is probably the most famous person in the world, other than possibly King Charles?  

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

I won’t lie…that Allen pass might’ve been the prettiest pass I’ve ever seen and fucking Stefon dropped it

That’s the first play to come to mind with this game..that thing was a damn piss missile in the cold

What was doubly funny about it was Diggs has complained incessantly about not getting the ball enough. 

Edited by Bateshorn
  • Hook 'Em 1