Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?

MaybeACoordinator

1 hour ago, cactusflinthead said:

Dude wtf did you do today?

This morning you were in positive territory. You'll be in purgatorio fairly soon at this rate.

Awaiting your new rodent/mammal smoke themed name because this version is about done.

All it takes is 2 or 3 motivated people to go back and neg bomb every post in recent history, irrespective of content or context, in an attempted flex. A tale as old as time around here, hence the reincarnation you allude to.

• Fuck You 4

5 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

All it takes is 2 or 3 motivated people to go back and neg bomb every post in recent history, irrespective of content or context, in an attempted flex. A tale as old as time around here, hence the reincarnation you allude to.

Still cracks me up that the tipping point this go-round is people just being tired of you failing to post the goddamn link to what you're talking about, and then you getting pissy about getting called out

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Still cracks me up that the tipping point this go-round is people just being tired of you failing to post the goddamn link to what you're talking about, and then you getting pissy about getting called out

Lesson learned. It’s like the Hindu or Buddhist being reincarnated back on to earth and with each past life you had to learn a lesson.

In the past I learned who the militants are and who to stay away from, I’ve learned to not be strident in the CR, and now I’ve learned to post my links without snark.

• Fuck You 4

5 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Season 1 GIF by The Simpsons

The hint is that people should employ the ignore button. It’s not 100 unique people negging and being banned.

Its 3 or 4 people who can’t use the ignore button throwing an emotional tantrum because they are mentally children. One guy in particular who kicked this off because he’s embarrassed of his behavior (as he should be) on the Succession TV thread where he completely shamed himself in front of everyone for days by showing he couldn’t follow a TV narrative. I guess I shouldn’t have cross-posted and brought it up in a DT thread is the lesson there.

It’s the difference between popular vote and electoral college.

Edited by HamsterHookah
  • Fuck You 4

15 hours ago, 'stache said:

The cybertruck looks like it would have been featured in a 1985 VHS bootleg knockoff of Back to the Future produced in Mexico.

RoboCop: Just in Time

10 hours ago, Foosters said:

Hasn't Rivian already done this?

rivian-j.jpg.857a8fd1c04fb3d57cdd49c963254ffc.jpg

GearJunkieRivianR1S-2-1.jpg

When I first saw a Rivian I thought it was a Hyundai. I saw the Scout and thought maybe it was GM doing an E-Blazer/Jimmy (but badass).

Edited by Celery Man

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Can you link to a chatgpt answer?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, HamsterHookah said:

The hint is that people should employ the ignore button. It’s not 100 unique people negging and being banned.

Its 3 or 4 people who can’t use the ignore button throwing an emotional tantrum because they are mentally children. One guy in particular who kicked this off because he’s embarrassed of his behavior (as he should be) on the Succession TV thread where he completely shamed himself in front of everyone for days by showing he couldn’t follow a TV narrative. I guess I shouldn’t have cross-posted and brought it up in a DT thread is the lesson there.

I negged your dumb posts here and only here.

There just happened to be a ton of them because you posted a LOT in this thread and posted a lot of dumb shit in this thread.

I'd say be better next time but it's pretty clear that isn't going to happen. So when you come back with username number 15 know I'll still neg your dumb posts. Who knows maybe you will flip over to using some of the newer AI based chatbots.

• Hook 'Em 3

25 minutes ago, NoName said:

Please change the name of the app to X soon...please.

That's a fuck up almost as bad as HBO Max --> Max 

He is so dumb.

Not to defend the HBO Max to Max decision, because yes, it was fucking stupid. That being said, HBO at least has content that people will return for, and for the most the new ap adoption was seamless. Twitter to X doesn't have the former and I'm pretty sure they'll fuck up the latter. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, HamsterHookah said:

Ignore is for people who OCCASIONALLY say something interesting.

You aren't close to that and I will neg any of your messages that I come across in reading my threads.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

When people tell you how much people watched their Twitter video:

What I get from this is that Matt Walsh thinks his moviefilm got 175 million views.  Literally half of all living Americans.  

Shit, by Elmo's metrics, I'm probably one of those "views."  I'm sure I saw a tweet string where it was linked, and scrolled past it.  Bingo, a viewer!

This shitbag saying anything like this when Tesla and Twitter shareholders should do the same thing to him that he's suggesting Target shareholders do just adds to his astounding list of moments of being completely lacking in self-awareness. No wonder our resident contrarian troll loves Elon so much. 

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/elon-musk-target-pride-range-lawsuits-shareholders-lgbtq-swimsuits-clothing-2023-6

Edited by mdmost
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

This shitbag saying anything like this when Tesla and Twitter shareholders should do the same thing to him that he's suggesting Target shareholders do is just adds to his astounding list of moments of being completely lacking in self-awareness. No wonder our resident contrarian troll loves Elon so much. 

https://markets.businessinsider.com/news/stocks/elon-musk-target-pride-range-lawsuits-shareholders-lgbtq-swimsuits-clothing-2023-6

They (the trolls and fanbois) like Elon because he hates the same people they do.  Don't overthink it.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

Honestly, this shit is getting pretty dark:

What's happening here?  Oh, nothing much....just the richest man in the world and owner of a huge social media platform AMPLIFYING THE FUCKING JEWISH BLOOD LIBEL SHIT!!!!  THE SAME SORT OF SHIT THAT HELPED GIVE US THE GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING HOLOCAUST.

Sorry.  If you support Elon in any way -- any way at all -- you are supporting a goddamned anti-semetic giant piece of shit.  Which makes YOU a giant piece of shit.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What's happening here?  Oh, nothing much....just the richest man in the world and owner of a huge social media platform AMPLIFYING THE FUCKING JEWISH BLOOD LIBEL SHIT!!!!  THE SAME SORT OF SHIT THAT HELPED GIVE US THE GODDAMNED MOTHERFUCKING HOLOCAUST.

Sorry.  If you support Elon in any way -- any way at all -- you are supporting a goddamned anti-semetic giant piece of shit.  Which makes YOU a giant piece of shit.

in ANY way?? I see another one of your rants coming soon. 

3 minutes ago, BERT said:

in ANY way?? I see another one of your rants coming soon. 

I fucking mean it.  Don't buy a Tesla.  Don't buy Starlink (and yes, the fact that it's the only viable communications means for our pals in Ukraine is fucking bullshit, and another sign that this fucker has way too much power, being that he's a goddamned South African nazi piece of shit).  Don't pay for a bluecheckmark (better yet, delete Twitter).

Fuck Elon in the goat-ass.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I fucking mean it.  Don't buy a Tesla.  Don't buy Starlink (and yes, the fact that it's the only viable communications means for our pals in Ukraine is fucking bullshit, and another sign that this fucker has way too much power, being that he's a goddamned South African nazi piece of shit).  Don't pay for a bluecheckmark (better yet, delete Twitter).

Fuck Elon in the goat-ass.

Yeah i hate electric cars, being a hotrod guy. Are all South Africans nazis? I know they were on Lethal Weapon 2!! I don't know why anybody would use twitter, even before Elon bought it. 

9 minutes ago, BERT said:

Yeah i hate electric cars, being a hotrod guy. Are all South Africans nazis? I know they were on Lethal Weapon 2!! I don't know why anybody would use twitter, even before Elon bought it. 

Naah, I know a retired SA rugby player, he's a prince of a dude.  Seriously, just a great guy.  Not all SA white dudes are nazis.  But Elon apparently is.  Blood.  Libel.  He is literally amplifying the blood libel.  That's evil anti-semitic 101 level shit.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 2

10 hours ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Here are some of the things that were said about Ukraine’s Jewish President in this video that Elon RTd and is glad he’s hosting: 

“Sweaty”

”Rat-like”

“Persecutor of Christians”

”Friend of Black Rock”

”Shifty, dead-eyed” 

This was completely unpredictable 

4 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

This was completely unpredictable 

This isn't going to go the way Tucker thinks it is. Tucker needs better lawyers.

Carlson's legal team, according to a source familiar with its thinking, objects to the network's effort to block Carlson's Twitter appearances because, they believe, Twitter is not directly competitive with Fox News.

• Haha 2

Oopsie

https://www.independent.co.uk/tech/twitter-ad-sales-elon-musk-yaccarino-b2351736.html

Twitter’s ad revenue in the US has plunged by more than half since Elon Musk took the company over, according to reports.

Internal documents show that Twitter made $88 million worth of ad sales between April and May this year, The New York Times reported, marking a 59 per cent drop from the same period last year

I personally find it hilarious to see that Elon is admitting a huge mistake wrt strategic direction by hiring a CEO whose background and connections is in advertising and whose scope is exclusively advertising not product or engineering.

Advertising down 59% when 90% of their revenue was from advertising is so dumb. Twitter value now down 2/3rds of what he paid for it - from 44b to 15b is incredible.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://news.yahoo.com/los-angeles-d-office-quits-014347942.html

The Los Angeles County district attorney's office said this week it would no longer post to Twitter after website moderators ignored requests to delete a torrent of bigoted and hateful comments left under a post about employees attending the West Hollywood Pride parade.

The office's account tweeted a picture of about two dozen employees holding gay pride flags after they marched in the annual parade Sunday. Both Joseph Iniguez, George Gascón's chief of staff who is gay, and director of communications Tiffiny Blacknell, were shown in the image.

Among the 90 replies to the tweet were those calling the employees photographed "pedophiles" or "groomers," as well as grotesque images of deformed male genitalia and, in one case, a swastika.

Blacknell said the office reported a number of the hateful comments to Twitter but received no response.

"The Pride Parade post was met with a barrage of vicious and offensive comments that left us deeply troubled. The comments ranged from homophobic and transphobic slurs to sexually explicit and graphic images, and even after reporting them to Twitter, they remained visible on our account for more than 24 hours," she said in a statement to The Times. "The district attorney's office will not be complicit and utilize a platform that promotes such hateful rhetoric."

The office will maintain a presence on Instagram and TikTok, according to Blacknell.

The incident is among a cross-section of recent controversies. Pride-related events have faced violent and extreme backlash throughout the country this month, including viral videos of men filming themselves destroying pro-LGBTQ+ displays at Target stores as well as recent brawls outside a North Hollywood school and a Glendale school board meeting.

Although some of the local backlash has been framed around the idea of keeping teachings about sex and gender identity out of the classroom, heated rhetoric has also crossed over into outright bigotry, with some people at the events conflating gay and transgender lifestyles with pedophilia. Members of the extreme right-wing Proud Boys organization — which played a key role in the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection — were also spotted at the Glendale protest.

Concerns about Twitter becoming a hotbed for bigoted rhetoric and disinformation have been among a river of concerns that began flowing after Tesla Chief Executive Elon Musk purchased the platform last year. Musk's reign has been marked by embarrassments including the bungled rollout of a paid verification program and the botched launch of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis' bid for the Republican presidential nomination, which repeatedly crashed.

One of the site's top executives quit earlier this month over the website's handling of transgender topics.

In response to a question from The Times, Twitter's media account automatically generated a poop emoji, which is an official policy that Musk himself announced in March.

A number of celebrities have quit Twitter since Musk took over, including Hall of Fame professional wrestler Mick Foley and actress Whoopi Goldberg.

This story originally appeared in Los Angeles Times.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, C-Man said:

I know a lot of people have probably left twitter, but if these are the highest profile you can confirm, maybe leave that sentence out.

A number of celebrities have quit Twitter since Musk took over, including Hall of Fame professional wrestler Mick Foley and actress Whoopi Goldberg.

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I know a lot of people have probably left twitter, but if these are the highest profile you can confirm, maybe leave that sentence out.

Mick Foley, Whoopi Goldberg, Puck from Real World and Linda, HOA Assistant Treasurer and possessor of 4th most valued Beanie Baby collection in Danville, Indiana. 

Hah, TWTR is now admitting in court filings that the earthshattering and totally-not-political """Twitter Files""" don't say what Elmo (and the surly IDW) would like you believe it does

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/06/05/twitter-admits-in-court-filing-elon-musk-is-simply-wrong-about-government-interference-at-twitter/

• Hook 'Em 2

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hah, TWTR is now admitting in court filings that the earthshattering and totally-not-political """Twitter Files""" don't say what Elmo (and the surly IDW) would like you believe it does

https://www.techdirt.com/2023/06/05/twitter-admits-in-court-filing-elon-musk-is-simply-wrong-about-government-interference-at-twitter/

Chef Kiss GIFs | GIFDB.com

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 8

3 hours ago, ViperVape said:

Chef Kiss GIFs | GIFDB.com

You mean....it's the plain, obvious, and common-sense truth that any non-fucking-raving looney knew was the case all along?  That is, any one could complain to Twitter about a post's content -- private actor, government, ANYONE -- and Twitter would then examine the post and apply its existing content moderation policies?  

The fucking loons, including the loon who bought Twitter, are a fucking beating of breathtaking absolute idiocy.  And that won't stop anytime soon, because the only thing idiots love more than idiocy is even MORE idiocy.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 hours ago, Chooky said:

Mick Foley, Whoopi Goldberg, Puck from Real World and Linda, HOA Assistant Treasurer and possessor of 4th most valued Beanie Baby collection in Danville, Indiana. 

Don't diss Mick Foley.

dude-love-just-wants-to-be-held.jpg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, elfenix said:

With Ford and now GM adopting Supercharger I guess Tesla is going to be a charging company. Was wondering after the F deal if that was the plan but now it's pretty apparent.

It’s been far and away their most valuable asset for years. It was always going to be this way. 

Facebook getting closer to a twitter clone, and they are building it in such a way that people can easily move between services and/or help bring their followers over.

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-65855603

Meta has shown staff plans for a text-based social network designed to compete with Twitter, sources have told the BBC. It could allow users to follow accounts they already follow on Instagram, Meta's image-sharing app.

And it could potentially allow them to bring over followers from decentralised platforms such as Mastodon. A Meta spokesperson confirmed to the BBC that the platform was in development.

"We're exploring a standalone decentralised social network for sharing text updates," they said. "We believe there's an opportunity for a separate space where creators and public figures can share timely updates about their interests."

Meta's chief product officer Chris Cox said coding was under way on the platform. The tech giant aims to release it soon, although no date was given. There is some speculation that it could be as early as the end of June.

Screenshots have appeared online which were shown internally to employees, potentially giving an idea of what the app will look like.Sources within the company have told the BBC that these leaked screenshots are genuine. If they are, the layout of this new platform will be familiar to anyone who has spent time on Twitter.

The text-based network - which has a working title of P92 - could turn out to be a greater rival to Elon Musk's Twitter than either BlueSky or Mastodon. While both have attracted users disillusioned with Twitter, starting afresh on a new social network and rebuilding a community, is difficult.

But the Instagram community is enormous. Meta says it has around two billion users, which dwarfs the 300 million that are believed to use Twitter - although its figures can no longer be verified. If even 25% of Instagram users can be coaxed into using P92 (it will undoubtedly have a sexier name when it launches), it will instantly become bigger than its older rival.

FyIOH7YWAAADEc8?format=jpg&name=900x900

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to Elon Musk: [Fraud] Official or unofficial piece of shit?
  • blacklab changed the title to Elon Musk: Officially a fraud and piece of shit. Official or unofficial war criminal?