Netflix Recommendations

kevwun

On 12/5/2023 at 10:48 AM, Texzilla58 said:

It’s like the A Team with nekkid women (men too if that’s your thing) drugs fucking and blowing shit up. We’ve watched two or three eps so far. It’s a bit of overload to binge straight thru. Just overlook the plot holes and obvious stupidity.

For some reason I watched the whole fucking series of Obliterated  The writing and acting was pretty bad, but it did have some good looking chicks and plenty of T and A.  Also a lot of D and A, but I’m pretty sure they used a prosthetic dick for the scene where they tortured the guy by sticking some kind of drill up his dick hole.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

but I’m pretty sure they used a prosthetic dick for the scene where they tortured the guy by sticking some kind of drill up his dick hole.

This is normally where I would get on you for spoilers, but in this case I appreciate it so I can avoid this. 

• Haha 1

Fuck Netflix.  I’ve been on my daughter’s account since the daze of DVDs in the mail.  Last I watched was Season 5 of The Crown.  Not like I’m eating up their bandwidth …

Yesterday, I cranked up Netflix and watched the two first episodes of Season 6.  Then before Episode 3, I received the following greeting …

image.thumb.jpeg.433118f5eec5e0acb187d12af0012707.jpeg

Did I say “Fuck Netflix”, yet?

16 hours ago, Stringer said:

You’re mad that a service you weren’t paying for got turned off?

3 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

He’s been using it for free for 15 plus years, fuck them for expecting him to pay for their service now!!   

What can I say?  I’m still bitter my student loans … which I finished repaying in the mid-70’s … haven’t been forgiven and rebated.  Isn’t living free off of others the way we go these daze?

• Haha 1

Fuck Netflix.  I’ve been on my daughter’s account since the daze of DVDs in the mail.  Last I watched was Season 5 of The Crown.  Not like I’m eating up their bandwidth …
Yesterday, I cranked up Netflix and watched the two first episodes of Season 6.  Then before Episode 3, I received the following greeting …
image.thumb.jpeg.433118f5eec5e0acb187d12af0012707.jpeg

Did I say “Fuck Netflix”, yet?

Yep now you have to connect to Netflix from account holders home WiFi once every 30 days to keep sharing, which is now considered “traveling”
  • Hook 'Em 1

50 minutes ago, Speedtrucker said:

Yep now you have to connect to Netflix from account holders home WiFi once every 30 days to keep sharing, which is now considered “traveling”

That fucking blows. I'm paying for mine, but my daughter, who's away at college, has been signing in to it for years. With Netflix, you're supposed to be able to have up to five different users with their own accounts able to log in. I understand they're trying to crack down on password sharing, but imagine if your cellphone's family plan suddenly required your college kid to ping the tower closest to your house every 30 days or they'd get cut off.

1 hour ago, Speedtrucker said:

Also, tablets and phones are not affected by the PW-sharing crackdown. 

Edited by TonyTexas

5 hours ago, Speedtrucker said:

Can you stream on your phone and mirror it to a TV, or do you get popped for that?

Never mind, just saw Tony's post

Edited by Deej

Yeah as said, it’s really about consoles and streaming devices not handheld devices.

They want users to now register extra locations as $8 extras.

The “traveling” loophole means you can take your “guest” iPhone to the “home” account and connect to their WiFi, that “checks out” a 30 day traveler guest. Once that phone connects to the “guest” Wi-Fi that locations Netflix will be gtg.

Although I think Samsung TVs that have Netflix app don’t work right and won’t sync up. I think it’s Samsung TVs

The trailer for this starring Bradley Cooper looks pretty good.  Maestro is a 2023 American biographical drama centers on the relationship between American composer Leonard Bernstein and his wife Felicia Montealegre. It was directed by Bradley Cooper, from a screenplay he wrote with Josh Singer.

https://youtu.be/gJP2QblqLA0?si=48kvCuwqZ8up5UYO

Edited by Hook1997
  • Like 1

I guess I'm in the small minority that liked Leave the World Behind.  I thought the ending was great.  You gotta have priorities when the world is ending.  

nah. absolutely loved it myself and am strongly contemplating a 3rd watch. cinematography, settings, and soundtrack was incredible, the symmetry in most of the scenes and transitions were really cool to see play out. felt incredibly “real” to me in the sense that these are genx parents raising genz kids in todays society being put in a classic apocalyptic setting but with a twist.

loved the lil girl being bathed in blue light at the end of the movie. I’d be willing to bet that if you liked Nope, you’d like LTWB.

I started watching the comedy "1670" on Netflix last night and was pretty well entertained. It's about a very minor nobleman in Poland set in a small village (that he owns the smaller half of) during that year. He's an insecure and overconfident buffoon with a strict and frigid wife and three adult-ish kids: 2 sons (one the "bad boy" and the other a repressed priest) and one daughter (liberated intellectual).

It's pretty amusing and bingeable, with short 35-minute episodes. I think there's only 8 in this first season. I've been watching it dubbed in English, which doesn't seem to detract from it at all. 

A lot of the humor is based on xenophobic stereotypes from a Polish perspective, many of them self-effacing, along with some contemporary sociopolitical themes. They seem to make fun of all sides. It might also help to know a few basics about Polish history, like quick references to the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth, Winged Hussars, etc., but that's not really needed. I'll probably try to wrap it up tonight. 

ETA: This ended up being a really good show.

Edited by bolverk

33 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I thought it was awful and stopped watching after 2-3 episodes. Too many eye rolling moments and the acting was...bad. really bad. 

Rotten Tomatoes give it 75% approval so what do I know 

Agree. While the book was decent enough to hold your interest, after the first few episodes I quit watching the series. Too many "filler" scenes.

The trailer for this starring Bradley Cooper looks pretty good.  Maestro is a 2023 American biographical drama centers on the relationship between American composer Leonard Bernstein and his wife Felicia Montealegre. It was directed by Bradley Cooper, from a screenplay he wrote with Josh Singer.

This was a tough watch for me due to the father/sexuality angle. Hit too close to home.

Bradley Cooper is outstanding in this. His conducting is some of the best I’ve seen from an actor and Bernstein is not easy to imitate.

This was a tough watch for me due to the father/sexuality angle. Hit too close to home.

Bradley Cooper is outstanding in this. His conducting is some of the best I’ve seen from an actor and Bernstein is not easy to imitate.

His interview with Stern talking about this role was pretty good

On 12/20/2023 at 1:58 PM, LonghornSean said:

I also really liked Leave the World Behind, after having heard mixed reviews before seeing it.

On 12/26/2023 at 12:54 PM, HouTex said:

I liked it as well.  Good script and well acted.  Ruth steals every scene.  

Watched it tonight. I liked it a lot, but think they could have done it better as a series. There was a ton more they could have fleshed out. 

Ultimately, it was just a commentary on current society. Fun watch though. 

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/16/2023 at 12:22 PM, VirginiaLonghorn said:

What can I say?  I’m still bitter my student loans … which I finished repaying in the mid-70’s … haven’t been forgiven and rebated.  Isn’t living free off of others the way we go these daze?

CR—>

• Like 2

On 12/16/2023 at 1:08 PM, Speedtrucker said:

So if I log in to each of my kids’ sub accounts every 30 days they can keep using?