Movies you're ashamed to admit that you enjoy

Mo Horn

1 hour ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Pretty damn funny scenes. The Drum v. Ouiser rivalry is great. M’Lynn’s grief is so raw and real. Sally Field is an amazing actress. Also peak Julia Robert’s hotness. 

I always group Steel Magnolias and Terms of Endearment together because of Shirley MacLaine and the mother-daughter dynamic. A terrific movie shot in Houston in the 80s. Peak Jack Nicholson charm. The lunch scene at Brennan’s is a personal favorite of mine. Also I like Debra Winger. 

Also has one of Jack Nicholson's all time best lines, in response to Shirley MacLaine telling him she loves him:

"well, I don't know what else to say except my stock answer."

"which is?"

"I love you too, kid."

1 hour ago, Herpa Derpa said:

You think homos are ashamed to enjoy Grease? 

Better question is why you feel shame watching Sandy become a leather goddess?

Tell us about it, stud.

First of all it's musical which most of the hetero tradition hasn't traditionally related with, right or wrong. Probably wrong.

Also there was allegedly a musical called Oklahoma years ago. Certainly hard to associate with that sort to of enterprise 

*that sort of enterprise 

Edited by mr. sunshine
general regardlessness

9 hours ago, UTGrad98 said:

My wife always makes fun of me when the Notebook comes on how we always end up watching it.

I liked The Notebook. Kinda hit home with me with my parents. Mom died of the disease and Dad took care of her till the end. Very tearful every time I watch it.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Parliament said:

Far and Away,  Legends of the Fall.  Chick flicks with a good story.

Wat?  This is an amazing movie. One of my dads favorites and he let me watch it with him maybe a few years earlier than recommended. You should be ashamed if you DONT cry when you see this movie. Like, you’re not even a human being if you don’t. You’re a robot and you don’t know it and are still working to evolve emotions. 

7 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Does Pearl Harbor count?  I mean, some of it is real.

there was and still is a place called Pearl Harbor, it was attacked by planes with bombs on Dec 7 along with all the other Army, Marine and Navy bases on the island.

other than that, that movie had nothing to do with reality. 

I love the American Pie movies.  The ones with the OG cast.  I laugh and laugh.  Road Trip too.

My wife is repulsed by both of them.  Some of the stuff that was "ok" 25 years ago is not ok now.  I understand that but goddamn do I laugh.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Fried Green Tomatoes. Pretty solid mystery + Kathy Bates is hilarious. 

Denied! 

Take this shit to the "movies that are awesome" thread with Parliament and Legends of the Fall. Fried Green Tomatoes is a great flick. The only issue I have with it is the dumbass couldn't get his foot out of the track? Come on 

3 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

You should be ashamed that you put any Muppets movie on this list. 

what’s wrong with some of you people putting good movies on here?

Top Secret was a funny movie, but not a good movie.

I'll also add North Shore

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Denied! 

Take this shit to the "movies that are awesome" thread with Parliament and Legends of the Fall. Fried Green Tomatoes is a great flick. The only issue I have with it is the dumbass couldn't get his foot out of the track? Come on 

"I'm older and I have more insurance."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, YoungCounty said:

My Girl

Terms of Endearment

The Truman Show

Jerry MaGuire

As Good As It Gets

What the fuck is this list?  

I saw somebody post "The Sound of Music" and thought, "ok not sure they get the intent of the thread when they are ashamed to watch something that sure can be a bit corny in the current day but won an AA for Best Picture and is generally regarded along with things like West Side Story as one of the best stage musicals ever put to film" and then this list comes along?  I mean there is nothing wrong with My Girl and the other 4 well....what are you thinking?

• Hook 'Em 2

I love the American Pie movies.  The ones with the OG cast.  I laugh and laugh.  Road Trip too.
My wife is repulsed by both of them.  Some of the stuff that was "ok" 25 years ago is not ok now.  I understand that but goddamn do I laugh.

Finch fucker quit being ashamed of this shit. These movies rule
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

What the fuck is this list?  

I saw somebody post "The Sound of Music" and thought, "ok not sure they get the intent of the thread when they are ashamed to watch something that sure can be a bit corny in the current day but won an AA for Best Picture and is generally regarded along with things like West Side Story as one of the best stage musicals ever put to film" and then this list comes along?  I mean there is nothing wrong with My Girl and the other 4 well....what are you thinking?

This.  the answers for this kind of question is something like The English Patient.

• Hook 'Em 1

This became "just list a movie" quicker than it usually does.

The Notebook? If you're ashamed to like the notebook you have a two inch penis and drive a lifted F150. NTTAWWT. I had some of the best sex of my life after watching the notebook. With a girl!

Drumline? Who has ever been made fun of for liking drumline. 

Let me show y'all how to do this thread:

Twilight

Attack of the Clones

*drops mic*

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, TheStoicPaisano said:

Serendipity

Club Dread

Haggard

Your first two are great background movies. I wouldn't be ashamed of either of those being on. I think Grease is a good answer to this question. Horrible movie. I wouldn't even want to be caught watching it sarcastically. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/19/2024 at 8:36 AM, Parliament said:

Far and Away,  Legends of the Fall.  Chick flicks with a good story.

Legends of the Fall is great!

A Walk to Remember for me. Cry like a baby every time. But (plot hole) how the fuck does Mandy Moore play the ugly duckling?

Edited by Nole-4-Life

53 minutes ago, Nole-4-Life said:

Legends of the Fall is great!

A Walk to Remember for me. Cry like a baby every time. But (plot hole) how the fuck does Mandy Moore play the ugly duckling?

The ol ugly with oversized overalls glasses  and hair in a tie. 

but damn. That dress and voice at the school play 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you like The English Patient there is something seriously wrong with you and you are probably a serial killer

Negative. It's exactly as it should be. It differs from the novel but the adapted screenplay still makes the desert the star of the film. We live, we love, we die but the desert remains.

• Like 2