Movies you're ashamed to admit that you enjoy

Mo Horn

The fuck is going on in here?   Some legit great movies being named. 

I'll get it back on track. In December I'll stop down for a hallmark Christmas movie or three. Name doesn't matter because they are all the same pic. I'm a sucker for the hot successful businesswoman coming back to her little hometown for the holidays to take care of some dumb family business and getting plowed by the carpenter she kind of knew in high school. 

• Haha 4

The Allnighter — Susanna Hoffs, Joan Cusack and Dedee Pfeiffer 

Secret Admirer: C Thomas Howell, Lori Laughlin and Kelli Preston (has a pretty good cast and a funny plot as it involved adults and not just teens.) 

Brain Smasher: A Love Story-(this is a bizarre movie but fun. About Chinese monks not ninjas Terri Hatcher and Andrew Dice Clay.) 

I am not really embarrassed. If you’ve seen any of these or all three and didn’t enjoy them the most you could say is I have shitty taste I guess. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If you like The English Patient there is something seriously wrong with you and you are probably a serial killer

I bought The English Patient when I worked at Blockbuster. "Previously Viewed Tape".  I like it, but partly because that Soundtrack is amazing, and was great background music when I invited my victims over and plied them with good food and wine. 

• Haha 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

On 2/19/2024 at 11:36 AM, Red Five said:

Great Muppet Caper > Muppets take Manhattan 

Will add on the Muppet Christmas Carol.  Showed it to the kids about three years ago and they've wanted to watch it every Christmas since.  Muppet Capet is great as well.

• Hook 'Em 1

Anything John Cusack, including Say Anything. 

Anything Billy Bob Thorton.. mmmhmmm.

Anything John Hughes

Anything movie John Goodman is in. 

Anything with Penelope Cruz, particularly Open Your Eyes (which is better than Vanilla Sky) and Jamon Jamon because I'm a pervert.

Am I doing this wrong? I know there are some good movies in that mix above and some great ones, but they aren't all winners.

9 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

Anything John Hughes

Anything with Penelope Cruz, particularly Open Your Eyes (which is better than Vanilla Sky) and Jamon Jamon because I'm a pervert.

Am I doing this wrong? I know there are some good movies in that mix above and some great ones, but they aren't all winners.

Did you read the thread title?

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2

Y'all illiterate amateurs have no idea how to do this.

Let me show you how it's done.

The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik-Yak.

Four reasons why.

1. prime Tawny Kitaen's tits

2. Zabou's tits

Edited by Rimbo
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

I say this with no shame whatsoever.

Kung Fu Panda is one of the greatest movies ever made.  It's in my top 10 easily, maybe top 5

Like posting a Colorado State shot put thrower to the Olympic Hotties thread. I don't think any you fuckers get the point here.

No one sane is ashamed of Kung Fu Panda.

Edited by Rimbo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Drool 1

On 2/19/2024 at 2:40 PM, mr. sunshine said:

Also there was allegedly a musical called Oklahoma years ago. Certainly hard to associate with that sort to of enterprise 

Nothing wrong with liking a good musical. But I'm struggling like Kevin Kline in In n Out trying not to dance, but I'm trying not to sing along when that title song hits. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH-kla GOD DAMMIT

Also had a huge crush on the gal who played Ado Annie in our high school production of it.

Edited by Rimbo

5 hours ago, pops said:

The fuck is going on in here?   Some legit great movies being named. 

44 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Did you read the thread title?

43 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Y'all illiterate amateurs have no idea how to do this.

5 minutes ago, Rimbo said:

Like posting a Colorado State shot put thrower to the Olympic Hotties thread. I don't think any you fuckers get the point here.

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, withinyourreach said:

Talladega Nights is always funny.  And generally, I don’t like down-the-middle comedies.

fire-fly-uh.gif

50 minutes ago, Macklemore said:
Night at the Roxbury (1998) original movie poster for sale at Original Film Art

This is actually a pretty good entry. This movie is WAY more enjoyable than it ever should've been.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 2/19/2024 at 6:58 AM, kingkoopa6 said:

Blue streak with Martin Lawerence ? That movie is amazing

The pizza delivery scene kills me every time

On 2/19/2024 at 11:27 AM, Carl Spackler said:

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins.  I enjoy ogling Nicole Ari Parker, and Mo'Nique and Mike Epps crack me up in this one.

Hell yea 

On 2/19/2024 at 12:10 PM, ChickenSandwich said:

Battleship

Devil wears prada

have a thing for Blunt and Hathaway in tight skirts. 

Devil wears prada is my shit. It’s a stop down watch for me 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Anything John Hughes

How about The Godfather and Big Lebowski?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

The Allnighter — Susanna Hoffs, Joan Cusack and Dedee Pfeiffer 

This one takes me back. Saw it in the theater at a midnight screening. I don’t think I’ve seen it since but remember enjoying it. Susanna Hoffa should have done more acting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

12 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

This one takes me back. Saw it in the theater at a midnight screening. I don’t think I’ve seen it since but remember enjoying it. Susanna Hoffa should have done more acting. 

It’s a fun flick. It’s actually better than similar films from the same time period. Ones that most have seen and are popular. I had a crush on the guy who played CJ. (John Terelsky) who oddly enough had a bit part in Secret Admirer (another film I listed in this thread.) anyway he does behind camera work and has for a long time. But I had big crush. People should watch the Allnighter this weekend for kicks. It really takes you back. Also, was kinda surprised Susanna Hoffs (who still looks amazing) didn’t have a bigger career in film/television. I’m also surprised DeDee Pfieffer didnt  have more of a career. Not as big as Michelle but still…

IMG_9514.gif

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

38 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s a fun flick. It’s actually better than similar films from the same time period. Ones that most have seen and are popular. I had a crush on the guy who played CJ. (John Terelsky) who oddly enough had a bit part in Secret Admirer (another film I listed in this thread.) anyway he does behind camera work and has for a long time. But I had big crush. People should watch the Allnighter this weekend for kicks. It really takes you back. Also, was kinda surprised Susanna Hoffs (who still looks amazing) didn’t have a bigger career in film/television. I’m also surprised DeDee Pfieffer didnt  have more of a career. Not as big as Michelle but still…

IMG_9514.gif

IMG_0048.gif.b8fadd8105491dd8606dfeebaa361df6.gif

Been years since I’ve watched this…

image.jpeg.6d0b12b30f75042d459f7059f8eee2dd.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Underdog said:

IMG_0048.gif.b8fadd8105491dd8606dfeebaa361df6.gif

Shit 1987 was one of those years (The All Nighter) and I guarantee there are at least two dozen on it that most have seen and like but will never admit it. I admit it! There are like ten more on this below list I covet that qualify.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=feature&release_date=1987-01-01,1987-12-31

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Need the full scence

That Bangles album was one of the first CD’s I ever bought. Not even ashamed. 

3 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

Shit 1987 was one of those years (The All Nighter) and I guarantee there are at least two dozen on it that most have seen and like but will never admit it. I admit it! There are like ten more on this below list I covet that qualify.

https://www.imdb.com/search/title/?title_type=feature&release_date=1987-01-01,1987-12-31

That was right in the thick of my personal Golden Era for seeing movies in theaters. End of senior year in high school and start of college on the 40. I probably saw a higher percentage of movies on that list than any other year I’ve been alive, and there are lots of bangers on it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

So much quality on that list. Shows how far the industry has fallen that we probably don’t get 2-3 of the quality of the 10-50 on that list, much less something as good as one of the top 10.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, Scary Stranger said:

So much quality on that list. Shows how far the industry has fallen that we probably don’t get 2-3 of the quality of the 10-50 on that list, much less something as good as one of the top 10.

Yep. It was a really good year for movies. Like a couple on the list between 100-200 trumps a lot of the shit I’ve seen lately. So much now is derivative. Series and shows are where it’s at now. 

I sorted that 1987 list by box office and I’ve seen 45 of the top 50 from that year, then counted up another 56 past the top 50 that I’ve seen, either in the theater or on video. And I can remember the covers of about another 50-75 from passing them over at the video store. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

I once dated a girl who literally had Summer School memorized.  Every single line.   And that wasn't even the craziest thing about her.   But she really loved giving me blowjobs.  

• Haha 4

On 2/20/2024 at 7:26 AM, ztejas said:

Let me show y'all how to do this thread:

Twilight

Attack of the Clones

*drops mic*

oh-yes-what.gif.88acc4cd7401ea6811e7809aaadfb24c.gif

On 2/20/2024 at 8:44 AM, closetohumping said:

I teared up a bit when Rose pushed Jack off the door they were “sharing” to stay afloat

also...Titanic. pure ridiculous cheese, still it's a 'stop and watch' for me even when i try not to.

7 hours ago, Underdog said:

OMG! that was literally the only movie from my childhood that terrified me so much i couldn't sleep, i cried at night, i hid under my covers...and that was all just bc of the TRAILER i saw on tv! 😆 

how about...

What About Bob

The Great Outdoors

Romeo and Juliet...the Claire/Leo one.

do those fit? 

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

IMG_9514.gif

8 hours ago, Kel Varnsen said:

Need the full scence

Paging @Brisketexan; please come to the white courtesy phone...

• Haha 1