• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Normal person’s kitchen, imo.

4ebc6b29-fb4a-4fb8-91f1-b8225cd76cf7.png

That kitchen looks like a set.

Also, the metaphorical choice of putting a woman back in the kitchen at a time when the GOP is doing everything in their power to give women a reason not to vote GOP was a nice touch.  Just outstanding all around subliminal messaging there, folks.

Somewhere, there's some GOP operatives high fiving each other (awkwardly, I presume) over the choices they made for this.

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2

Seems like the speech writers did their job, Grandpa Joe did better than anyone thought he would/could last night. Now the trick will be to see when he stumbles while out stumping in the next few months. 
In all honesty he was elected because of strong Democratic voting and getting out the Never Trump vote; both of those had been slipping for him as he and his administration had faller over the past year. Will last nights performance be enough to elect him to a 2nd term? (and likely get Kamala Harris as the first woman as president when Joe has to step down). 
No matter what happens Trump will get his supporters out to vote - the question in my mind is will enough people get out to support Biden to get to 270

1 hour ago, HenryJames said:

At first I would be offended, does this mean my family is excluded? We aren’t like them? Then I remember, 25% of youth today identify as queer so there’s a 1/4 chance their daughter is crushing on her smarty biology lab partner Kristen, and a 1/4 chance the son is into some form of cross dressing. 10% chance Dad wants to cruise for guys but instead relies on incognito browsing to watch two guys suck each other off while the mom is in DC.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, Wally Fairway said:

Seems like the speech writers did their job, Grandpa Joe did better than anyone thought he would/could last night. Now the trick will be to see when he stumbles while out stumping in the next few months. 
In all honesty he was elected because of strong Democratic voting and getting out the Never Trump vote; both of those had been slipping for him as he and his administration had faller over the past year. Will last nights performance be enough to elect him to a 2nd term? (and likely get Kamala Harris as the first woman as president when Joe has to step down). 
No matter what happens Trump will get his supporters out to vote - the question in my mind is will enough people get out to support Biden to get to 270

I think his support waned because he didn’t campaign constantly. I think when he gets back out there and the game is on people (more than 50% that vote) will do the sane thing. I just don’t see Trump winning … IF we do what we are supposed to do and go vote.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

Oh yeah? So what part of the SOTU did you disagree with?

The part where people are complaining about keeping a woman in the kitchen.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

A lot wrong in this post but the bolded is just completely made up. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

He didn’t do better than I thought he would. He did exactly like I expected he would. But then I judge him by watching his speeches and public appearances, not by what the pundits and detractors say on tv and social media. If you watched his SOTU speech last year, last night shouldn’t have surprised you. Likewise if you watched him visit Kyiv during wartime (something Trump would never ever do), or watched his speech in Helsinki after Finland joined NATO (something Trump would’ve never even allowed to HAPPEN) and compared that to Trump’s last appearance in the city.

000_17Q361-640x400.jpg

“when Joe has to step down”

You’ve got that all figured out, have you? I get it. ‘Joe is old! He can’t survive for 4 more years!’ Nice regurgitation of the Trump campaign slogan. There’s no reason to assume Joe can’t handle another 4 years on the job. Rupert Murdoch is 92 and only recently gave up control of Fox News. (And just got engaged again.) Trump is a mentally unhinged moron who’s only a few years younger than Biden. The age thing just doesn’t play. The mental capacity thing certainly doesn’t play. 

• Hook 'Em 9

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Our kitchen remodel cost $42,000, but the price of eggs went up for two months cause Joe Biden! We can't make it anymore!

It's still very early, but SOTU was a good sign. The question now is whether he can keep the Joe-mentum on the economy and avoid Ukraine or Israel spiraling further out of control. I've already said he has been mismanaging the situation with Netanyahu. The "humanitarian aid while giving weapons to Israel" strategy is not a winning strategy if you're losing young voters and Muslim voters in swing states.

On 3/7/2024 at 8:16 AM, South Austin said:

Most people won’t watch this, and they’ll rely on the news outlet if their choice to tell them how it went.

Didn't watch.  Surly tells me Joe did great, so fuck yeah.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Js1 said:

This gif is going to get a lot of use in 2024

Between this and the Billionaire Defended gif, they are my favorite way to respond to low IQ morons. 

Like dipshits who confuse Albania with Alabama. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wally Fairway said:

This post is dumbass.  Don't do dumbass.

Posted (edited)

Just watched a little of that rebuttal. Holy shit. That's amazing. I'd recommend the first minute and then skip to around 8:30 and watch for a minute. 

Edit: Around 11:30 gets good too. Smiling and laughing about Tik-Tok, straight into unbridled anger. 

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

6 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

If SNL fucks up that skit up they should just cancel it. 

I mean, you could just replay that and it would be enough. It's insane.

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Our kitchen remodel cost $42,000, but the price of eggs went up for two months cause Joe Biden! We can't make it anymore!

btw good luck with a $42K kitchen remodel.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, FirstTimeCaller said:

I mean, you could just replay that and it would be enough. It's insane.

This.

Then just drop in that they received her audition tape, which was great, but right now there just aren't any openings.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Thrawn said:

This.

Then just drop in that they received her audition tape, which was great, but right now there just aren't any openings.

“We know being colleagues with Ted Cruz is bad enough, but not so bad you need to apply for SNL to a national audience”

Speaking of Ted, I used to always assume the worst pairs of Senators were wither Cruz/Cornyn or Lankford/Mullin.  Up until last night I had never even heard of Brett.  Now, I'm quite confident in saying that the worst pair has to be Tuberville/Brett. Not even close.  She seems to be horrific, and we all know about coach already. So, congrats Alabama, you are the worst.  Again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Drool 1