Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

• 3 months later...
4 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

And Rand has been asking about what Federal assistance will (and should) go to the survivors of this weekends tornados and storms.   But remember that he voted against Harvey aid.    And his wife cashed in BEFORE the public found out about COVID.

The Russian strategy of wearing their population out with scandal so that they cease to believe in the system at all seems to be working here quite nicely.

Plague profiteering and despicable inconsistency in whom deserves aid would have been a fairly big story fifteen years ago.

The GOP is a criminal organization similar to the mob but with more power. Yet, the news media for the most part won't see the real story here. They're locked into the usual, predictable political coverage because it's easy and they're lazy.

One of the interesting aspects of the Watergate scandal was that the Washington Post (Woodward and Bernstein) investigated at the same time as the FBI instead of just waiting for the FBI report or prosecution. Even that fine newspaper doesn't seem to grasp the possibility that the GOP is not really a political organization anymore. Nor do they see the existential threat.

Rand Paul isn't even nearly the worst malign crook on their team. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

The GOP is a criminal organization similar to the mob but with more power. Yet, the news media for the most part won't see the real story here. They're locked into the usual, predictable political coverage because it's easy and they're lazy.

I don’t know. I’m not sure what you’re looking for. For one, I think it’s obvious to most every rational person who’s watching things play out exactly what the GOP has become. The people who need to have it pointed out to them won’t get exposed to the message inside their bubble. I think it’s pointed out pretty regularly on the outside. You’ll hear it on Morning Joe but not on Fox & Friends. Barton Gellman’s piece in The Atlantic is getting a lot of exposure and he’s making the rounds in the media discussing it. I haven’t been cataloging every instance I see but I happened to come across this just today:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/585494-juan-williams-the-gop-is-an-anti-america-party

Will that get much exposure? I doubt it. Could we get 60 Minutes to make it their lead story to follow Sunday Night Football? Probably not.

29 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t know. I’m not sure what you’re looking for. For one, I think it’s obvious to most every rational person who’s watching things play out exactly what the GOP has become. The people who need to have it pointed out to them won’t get exposed to the message inside their bubble. I think it’s pointed out pretty regularly on the outside. You’ll hear it on Morning Joe but not on Fox & Friends. Barton Gellman’s piece in The Atlantic is getting a lot of exposure and he’s making the rounds in the media discussing it. I haven’t been cataloging every instance I see but I happened to come across this just today:

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/585494-juan-williams-the-gop-is-an-anti-america-party

Will that get much exposure? I doubt it. Could we get 60 Minutes to make it their lead story to follow Sunday Night Football? Probably not.

That's the problem.  60 Minutes is one of the few shows that might still have an aura of non-partiality about it.  So if they won't pick it up, whatever middle is left in America won't hear about it. 

• Rage+1 1

The Russian strategy of wearing their population out with scandal so that they cease to believe in the system at all seems to be working here quite nicely.
Plague profiteering and despicable inconsistency in whom deserves aid would have been a fairly big story fifteen years ago.
One of the interesting aspects of the Watergate scandal was that the Washington Post (Woodward and Bernstein) investigated at the same time as the FBI instead of just waiting for the FBI report or prosecution. Even that fine newspaper doesn't seem to grasp the possibility that the GOP is not really a political organization anymore. Nor do they see the existential threat.
Rand Paul isn't even nearly the worst malign crook on their team. 

Fuckin’ A, man.

And I’m damn glad to see the Dems STARTING to get the message of “the GQP is an anti-American” organization. That’s exactly fucking right, and we need to hammer that message on repeat forever. Wr had peaceful transitions of power during three centuries, until the anti-American GOP led an attack on our country.

In my lifetime, two organizations have attacked major government headquarters in my homeland: Al Qaeda and the GOP. The GOP is an anti-American terrorist organization.

My grandfather spent years fighting anti-American fuckholes who trafficked in lies and xenophobia in service of their dreams of authoritarian rule. And the GOP is following their anti-American playbook. We should follow our grandfathers’ patriotic American playbook, and fight anti-American fascist assholes. And we get it easy - we don’t have to get on a troop ship, we get to fight them right here at home.

Show the fucking runes at their conventions. Show them beating capitol police with American flags. Show them breaking shit in our Capitol. Show the running count of Trump lies, and show the people calling him their savior and messiah. Americans don’t do that shit. Anti-Americans do. Stand and fight for America. Protect it from those who would do it harm.
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, C-Man said:

Watch this. Fauci is the voice of reason; Paul is the shouting voice of the national cancer. Of course, Paul is seeking contributions on his website with a page saying "Fire Dr. Fauci."

It's tiresomely alarming that grift is the least of the wrongs being committed by the Hate Engine Party.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Is it us and Kentucky that have the worst combo of senators?

Kentucky because Moscow Mitch is more powerful and fucks the country up more than Cruz and Cronyn combined and Rand is an even bigger piece of shit than Ted but not by much. Ted is a bigger cuck though. Cornyn is a tool but cares about the state a little bit and is not as good at fucking up the country as Mitch.

We are clearly number two but Missouri may pass us next year. 

Edited by JimmyJames

• 1 month later...

Lulz at this editorial 

https://www.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article258614308.html

Soon President Biden will have the privilege of nominating someone to the Supreme Court, a privilege Presidents often do not have the opportunity to partake in as Supreme Court Justices hold lifetime appointments.

The appointment to the highest court in the land is a great responsibility. This person is expected to uphold our nation’s Constitution, safeguarding the rights and liberties enshrined by our Founding Fathers for millions of Americans. Once Biden makes his pick, the U.S. Senate will begin the process of taking up the nomination, which involves meetings and hearings, eventually leading to a floor vote to confirm the justice.

While many – mostly the mainstream media – will speculate on who Biden will nominate, I maintain the position that we must begin this process with an open mind, treating the nominee, whoever they are, with respect through the entire process.

I say this, because Democrats have largely not granted the same courtesy and upheld the same level of respect towards previous Republican nominees.

lot of bullshit about Kavanaugh, and then he closes with this

Regardless of who Biden chooses as his nominee, I can assure you Republicans will never stoop to the level Democrats have. We will not go back through someone’s high school social calendar, and we will not loosely accuse someone of rape and alcoholism. We will keep an open mind, making no rushed or harsh judgments ahead of time, and judge the nominee based on their character, experience, and their knowledge of the law.

Edited by Blotto

2 hours ago, Blotto said:

Quote:

We will keep an open mind, making no rushed or harsh judgments ahead of time, and judge the nominee based on their character, experience, and their knowledge of the law.

Except when we don't.  #merrickgarland

Oh, and with regards to the "privilege" comment, where it is asserted that nominating a SCOTUS justice is something  "Presidents often do not have the opportunity to partake in", here is a list of US Presidents who have not nominated a potential SCOTUS justice:

Jimmy Carter

Zachary Taylor

William Henry Harrison (served 31 days)

I mean, the truth, how fucking hard is it?

Edited by jimmyjazz

• 1 month later...

JFC. I mentioned in the Ted Cruz thread that I’m seeing ads in Ohio with Ted endorsing Josh Mandel for Senate (to replace Rob Portman). Now I’ve seen an ad with Rand Paul endorsing Mike Gibbons. If you recall, those are the two guys who got all up in each other’s face during the primary debate. I’ve also reported how their campaign ads have been about how more pro-Trump they are than the other. Meanwhile Trump has endorsed JD Vance. What a total shit show.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...