Rand Paul was always a Piece of Shit

Hugo Stiglitz

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

What's the common thread?  Because it sure ain't "liberty for all, don't give the gov't power."  I mean, we've seen that's not the case.

So, what's the common thread?  Back in the day, I didn't want to believe it, but it's this: white supremacy.  When you have the money, guns, and power, a system that yields authority to those with....money, guns, and power...is really attractive.  And in our country, those things are skewed as hell on the basis of race.  When you add in their opposition to things like the Civil Rights Act, it all clicks into place rather smoothly.

it's just atlas shrugged and cosplay individualists. they hold their dumb beliefs like they wear their dumb tactical gear. "we'd be fine if all the good people like us weren't bogged down by all the leaches at the bottom" "but I is at the bottom" "it is because of the leaches, if not for them you'd be fine"  "i am ruged indivdule"

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, woohorn said:

He was an asshole provocateur troll walking home like that last night. Zero sympathies.

its that kind of provaction that will get your ass kicked; finding yourself in hospital with 6 broken ribs.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I worked with a Croatian dude that brought over some Croatian moonshine his uncle distilled one rotation.  We were already 10 hours in to a big binge night when he brought out the bottle and everyone agreed it was the greatest thing ever.  Said Croatian had another bottle and said if you like this, then put this one in your freezer for a few days and then drink it... is most shit awesome.  Sounded great so I took the bottle and when I finally made it home put it in the freezer.

Next day I woke up with the absolute worst hangover in my life even to this day.  I seriously thought I was on death's door.  Three years later I moved out of that same condo and the second bottle was still in the freezer.  I gave it to the moving dudes as part of their bonus... it was in Thailand so they either thought it was mighty fine or it killed all of them.

My wife  is Serbian. FIL had a still, taught me to distill. Before I learned , he made a batch of apricot shine. Took a couple of gallons to a show I was working on in Natchez, where you could carry in your alcohol.  Locals were very dubious about my 'California Shine', till they drank it. Literally had to lock it in the safe  once they imbibed... My FIL was a total badass, the epitome of the American dream....my wife is a angel.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, UpperWestside said:

I am beginning to think this guy might be a bit of a fascist.

Rand Paul May not be as big of a piece of shit as Trump is but he’s an even bigger hypocrite. I mean at least Trump basically broadcasts that he’s a piece of shit and just don’t care. Rand pretends to be some principled libertarian which he obviously is not. At least Trump doesn’t even pretend to have principles.

15 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

Rand Paul May not be as big of a piece of shit as Trump is but he’s an even bigger hypocrite. I mean at least Trump basically broadcasts that he’s a piece of shit and just don’t care. Rand pretends to be some principled libertarian which he obviously is not. At least Trump doesn’t even pretend to have principles.

Show me a "libertarian" who isn't a hypocrite. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Rand used to have some fanboys on this site - haven’t heard a peep from them since he went full fascist about the protests and started flirting with Covid denial talking points.

What happened to the Rand stans?

I imagine they are gearing up to bomb China over the WuFlu in DT.

1 minute ago, Bama Chick said:

Rand used to have some fanboys on this site - haven’t heard a peep from them since he went full fascist about the protests and started flirting with Covid denial talking points.

totally not politicking up the daily texan. that's where they are.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

43 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

I imagine they are gearing up to bomb China over the WuFlu in DT.

42 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

... totally not politicking up the daily texan. that's where they are.

It's sad how this site has starting eating it's own.  I was supportive of Rand for a long time ("fanboy" and "Rand stan" are exaggerated epithets).  I got called out for a comment a little while ago and I shared my thoughts.  I'm always happy to do so when folks engage me honestly.  There is very little of that happening around here lately.

tldr: GFY

• Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

It's sad how this site has starting eating it's own.  I was supportive of Rand for a long time ("fanboy" and "Rand stan" are exaggerated epithets).  I got called out for a comment a little while ago and I shared my thoughts.  I'm always happy to do so when folks engage me honestly.  There is very little of that happening around here lately.

You poor thing. Maybe you would feel a little more comfortable on the DT board. It’s a safe space for all posters who get ridiculed in this very Very evil place and just want to share their thoughts. 

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, bernorange said:

I could agree with this if Rand had something resembling principles.  We can disagree on the role of government if all are in good faith, but Rand Paul has proven to be a Trump sycophant in Libertarian's clothing.  Can you or anyone defend him at this point?  Can we all just admit that he sucks?

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

totally not politicking up the daily texan. that's where they are.

All of these bullshit DT threads should be immediately moved to the political board where they belong and let the cowards face the music so to speak. It’s not like they are hiding what they are doing. 

• Hook 'Em 1