Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team

Machinator

2 hours ago, Goodman said:

Judging by the rear of BJ's car, my guess is there is more to this story. The wet street slide has serious BS tone to me. Maybe I've seen too many kids behind the wheel doing stupid shit. Take a Jesuit/Arkie frat kid showing off in Austin and two cars with ut players...

unless that is KY jelly on the streets, this kid didn't touch his breaks until about 5 feet before he hit 'em.  Quit texting and driving out there.

4 hours ago, kilroydos said:

How many street brawlers do you know, exactly?

A lot. That’s just how we got down in the 956, ese. 

(Honestly I just watched a lot of fights go down at school and at the parks growing up. I was usually too much of a bitch to participate myself) 

just read the statements. wow... AND IF TRUE Boyd needs a minimum year suspension with anger management being mandatory. I would kick him off the team though.  It wasn't a fight,  it was a beat down. Statements say the arkie guy came out to check if everyone was ok and got hit 8 times in the face , then 2 more times and then dickwad boyd goes back to him and gives him one more for memories....Fuck that. He is a fucking angry cunt. (no i would not say it to his face) 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

just read the statements. wow... AND IF TRUE Boyd needs a minimum year suspension with anger management being mandatory. I would kick him off the team though.  It wasn't a fight,  it was a beat down. Statements say the arkie guy came out to check if everyone was ok and got hit 8 times in the face , then 2 more times and then dickwad boyd goes back to him and gives him one more for memories....Fuck that. He is a fucking angry cunt. (no i would not say it to his face) 

I'm texting your IP address to Demarco even as we speak.

6 hours ago, Augustus said:

I hit a very, very large cow on a dark farm road doing at least 60mph.  Utterly destroyed the vehicle I was driving.

I "hit" a very, very large cow last night, if you know what I mean (it was your mom!!).  Udderly destroyed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/27/2018 at 1:46 PM, TwiceHorn said:

Im conjuring up fight memories and trying to see whether I think 8 punches is a lot.  Kind of depends how well the punches were thrown and landed.

And it seems that those injuries are consistent with that type of car wreck as well as being punched out and probably don't support "serious bodily injury" and a felony.

It does seem to be a highly inappropriate reaction to an accidental car wreck.

Looks like Tarzan, punches like Jane?

Three car pileup that leads to rear driver getting his ass beat?  On July 4th?  Yeah, sounds like the alleged victim in this whole thing might be lucky he didn't go to jail.  DA might be waiting on blood from the hospital to charge the Jeep driver with intoxication assault.  That'd be enough to justify a beating,  

• 10 months later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Demarco Boyd charged with misdemeanor assault, suspended from team activities, has left the team

It's always tough to keep the tendency toward aggressive behavior under control, especially when it's one of the cornerstones of one's life. Highly valued and promoted on the field of play, but must be kept in check in daily life in almost every circumstance. 

Feel for the young man, hope he has gotten the message and learned from it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

It's always tough to keep the tendency toward aggressive behavior under control, especially when it's one of the cornerstones of one's life. Highly valued and promoted on the field of play, but must be kept in check in daily life in almost every circumstance. 

🤢

22 hours ago, Tex Long said:

I don’t feel bad for him, but I do hope he learns from it & becomes a better person. He had an opportunity that most can only dream about and he pissed it away by being an idiot. 

19 minutes ago, Helobious said:

I don’t feel bad for him, but I do hope he learns from it & becomes a better person. He had an opportunity that most can only dream about and he pissed it away by being an idiot. 

As best I recall, the incident occurred because a drunk-driving asshole was fucking with two cars driven by Texas players, resulting in the idiot rear-ending the second car hard enough to drive it into the back of the first car. He got out of the first car, went back to the offender's car and beat shit out of him. If indeed those are the correct details, then yes, I do feel bad for him. Hell, no, he shouldn't have done it, but it is understandable, at least to me. YMMV.

1 hour ago, Tex Long said:

As best I recall, the incident occurred because a drunk-driving asshole was fucking with two cars driven by Texas players, resulting in the idiot rear-ending the second car hard enough to drive it into the back of the first car. He got out of the first car, went back to the offender's car and beat shit out of him. If indeed those are the correct details, then yes, I do feel bad for him. Hell, no, he shouldn't have done it, but it is understandable, at least to me. YMMV.

Link to report of Jeep guy driving drunk? 

Regardless, there was something about the incident itself or Boyd’s actions/attitude in the year afterward that led to him never being welcomed back on the team. So yeah, I don’t feel bad for him & I think he may be an idiot.