Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's dumb to avoid watching something that is a shit product and provides me with zero joy rather just frustration and angst?

That is a fucking terrible take and you should feel really bad about posting it.

No doubt.  It happens to me every year.  I don’t actively avoid games, I just don’t care enough to clear the time on my Saturday.  

6 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

this is part of the fucking problem. our athletic department is fucking run by fanbois. we can lay this hire at the feet of the houston bmds. ok great this one sucks so let's look to the dallas bmds. 

no, how about we have a functional fucking athletic department. 

we have fans that like to dream about how to spend other people's money

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

Anyone who's not on board with wanting him gone, I'd love to hear the logic.

If you're going to mention money, just stop. We have it. It's up to us if we want to win badly enough to choose to use it

I do want to hear anyone defend this asshat. Fuck him

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

Anyone who's not on board with wanting him gone, I'd love to hear the logic.

If you're going to mention money, just stop. We have it. It's up to us if we want to win badly enough to choose to use it

Urban isn’t coming here, why even kid ourselves. Who is an actual replacement that’s a proven upgrade? 

• Fuck You 5

1 minute ago, Thiefery said:

if you can't take it, that's on you.. I'll still be watching because we only have a set of games each fall.. and maybe less here in 2020.  And if you will only watch when a Urban or Dabo comes walking through that door.. well, I guess you aren't coming back.

Yeah, I snicker at the Urban/Dabo emotional fantasy talk. Not gonna happen. Will eat double crow helpings and like it if wrong. I’m sure I’m safe though.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

I don't blame them. The way this team has played the past three weeks has been as bad as any Strong coached team.

Hire slowly (something we didn’t do with Strong or Herman) but you fire quickly. Break up with them. Rip the bandaid off. It won’t happen but it should. Herman has earned himself a quick firing. He may sound humble in his pressers now but he brought this all on himself. I don’t hate him. I just want him gone. We are gonna lose a ton of recruits. Not having the team acknowledge the fans in any way after a win or loss is pathetic. They don’t have to sing The Eyes (omg the horror) but fucking acknowledge the fans with a quick Hook’em or something. Geez. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, UhhhIdk said:

Urban isn’t coming here, why even kid ourselves. Who is an actual replacement that’s a proven upgrade? 

It's always a crapshoot when you go coach hunting. I hate it. Things have to be systemically bad for me to urge a coach hunt.

I'm urging a coach hunt. I hate it, but that's what I'm doing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naija said:

Most of the fans wanted Herman with a thirst. Happy to say I had my doubts from before he even got here. The extension was a mistake. Can't compound it by making a bad decision. Meyer or Dabo or bust is the sort of thinking/arrogance that gets Texas into trouble in all facets of its organization. And with the way that department leaks like a sieve, a naked chase of those two (I mean, thinking Dabo will come here is just icing on the cake) is just more printable embarrassing information.

Anyone watching UH his second year and wanting him was in denial. That team was just like this team. More talented than everyone they played and just as undisciplined and stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

nicksplat ren and timpy GIF

Maybe, just maybe Tom, it’s because every phase of our team is so undisciplined and makes so many mental mistakes that they make the other side look good, rather than us actually practicing well. 

We make every other team we play look great, so why wouldn’t it be the same for our own team in practice?

• Like 1

This was the worst OU team since 1999 and Herman couldn't get it done. Texas will forever remain a laughing stock in the CFB world so long as the HC that is 1-4 vs OU and has dropped 7 games to unranked opponents when Texas was ranked remains in charge.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

If the school truly cared about the football program, they'd already be talking numbers with Urban. (Assuming he wasn't already coaching here.)

If Ohio St or Alabama were in year 11 of shit football, and the current fucking clown coach was as bad in year 4 as he was in year 1, and Urban is sitting out there...you do the math. 

Edited by Hank Chinaski
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I disagree, mostly because the people saying he won't are in a bizzaroworld echo chamber where Covid prevents universities from firing people. That's the argument, the only one I've heard for 20 pages now.

The school can’t afford it. Boosters could afford it, but tens of millions of dollars is not peanuts to them and how much incentive do they even have at this point? Unless they can swing an agreement with Meyer, that money is likely going towards the hiring of the next Tom Herman.

4 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Hire slowly (something we didn’t do with Strong or Herman) but you fire quickly. Break up with them. Rip the bandaid off. It won’t happen but it should. Herman has earned himself a quick firing. He may sound humble in his pressers now but he brought this all on himself. I don’t hate him. I just want him gone. We are gonna lose a ton of recruits. Not having the team acknowledge the fans in any way after a win or loss is pathetic. They don’t have to sing The Eyes (omg the horror) but fucking acknowledge the fans with a quick Hook’em or something. Geez. 

I get that but man that takes a toll on recruiting..transition classes suck, that said.. this 21 class is looking more like it

• Hook 'Em 1

It doesn't have to be Urban. Herman is failing with a ton of talent. Why keep doing what has proven to fail instead of trying something that has risk of failing?

What is going well in the program now? Coaching stability? Roster stability? Play on the field? Recruiting?

Which part of our program are you worried will get worse under a new coach?

5 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Herman just doesn't learn. It's the Big 12!! SCORE!! Quit trying to control the game with such narrow margins.

Welp evident as ever. This motherfucker hates scoring points. You dumb fuck this is a fucking blow out if you just open it up. You had three turnovers. Let's not pretend the offense was giving the defense any rest either. 

Edited by Happy Gilmore
Picks.... Fumbles... Whatever

2 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

If the school truly cared about the football program, they'd already be talking numbers with Urban. (Assuming he wasn't already coaching here.)

If Ohio St or Alabama were in year 11 of shit football, and the current fucking clown coach was as bad in year 4 as he was in year 1, and Urban is sitting out there...you do the math. 

It's so hard to argue with this.  I can't come up with a logical reason as to why this isn't happening.

1 minute ago, HillaryFan420 said:

The school can’t afford it. Boosters could afford it, but tens of millions of dollars is not peanuts to them and how much incentive do they even have at this point? Unless they can swing an agreement with Meyer, that money is likely going towards the hiring of the next Tom Herman.

Shit I'm sure surly can get a few  hundred bucks between me and a few guys that post on the vic mackey pof thread 

The worst possible outcome. With the way the game ended all the pundits will ignore how unprepared we were and how horribly we played for 90% of the game. All the focus will be on how we came back and all the OT's. Herman will get a total pass. He shouldn't, but he will. I hope I'm wrong and he still gets crucified. 

Edited by Mo Horn
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

The ONLY reason it might, is Texas Athletics doesn't give a shit about ever having a great football team.

Evidence points to they might not.

This is the break over point.

If they don't hire Urban, they don't give a fuck about ever being a good to great football school.

This is do or die for the program. 

It's that fucking binary. 

Fire Herman and hire Urban or Texas Football is and will always be an also ran. 

They did fire chuck and listened to the BMDs on bringing savior (at the time) Herman here..  They very well could do it again, we'll see.  Just have to have solid backups if Meyer/Dabo/Saban tier of coaches say no...

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Herman just doesn't learn. It's the Big 12!! SCORE!! Quit trying to control the game with such narrow margins.

The problem with Tom is that he doesn't understand that this is the only way to win games when your team has terrible discipline, kills itself with asinine penalties, and is fucking atrocious on special teams. And, well, he seems incapable of fixing those things.

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

The worst possible outcome. With the way the game all the pundits will ignore how unprepared we were and how horribly we played for 90% of the game. All the focus will be on how we came back and all the OT's. Herman will get a total pass. He shouldn't, but he will. I hope I'm wrong and he still gets crucified. 

Totally agree with this take. Add to it that Herman will think it confirms his genius as a 60 minute coach. I can hear him now. "There was no panic on the sideline. We knew we had time" Blah, blah, blah".

PS Shoulda gone for two in the second OT. You're gonna have to go for two to win anyway in the next OT cause we ain't gonna stop them from scoring. But that would have taken some balls, and well, you know, Tom.......

18 minutes ago, satyanash said:

He reminds me of BoB in some ways with respect to his philosophy for winning games.  Probably also confuses the causality between rushing yards and winning like BoB did.

2 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

He reminds me of BoB in some ways with respect to his philosophy for winning games.  Probably also confuses the causality between rushing yards and winning like BoB did.

2 former OCs who are scared to score points 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, HillaryFan420 said:

2 former OCs who are scared to score points 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas