Tom "the turtle" Herman [Lame Duck or greatest 5d chess player ever?]

Neonmoon

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

CDC's one and only job is to make sure the football is great.  his loyalty should be to the University of Texas not a bunch of overpaid shitty coaches.

not firing this fake douche coach right now is a fireable offense for CDC.  Get this shit done now so you don't handcuff the next guy.  I don't give a fuck anymore about how we look. I would like to not be the laughingstock of college football any more and I'd like to not have our high point to be looking like Cal.

Good point.  Make the football team good and, occasionally, build or upgrade a stadium.  That's it.  Your job is to raise money and make people happy.  

Edited by Knoxtnhorn

3 minutes ago, Laxtonto said:

I agree, but it amazes me with all of the ways Herman has handicapped this season, we would not be having this conversation with Ingram's fumble. This team succeeded in spite of Herman to an extent

So Ingram's fumble lost us three games?

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

CDC's one and only job is to make sure the football is great.  his loyalty should be to the University of Texas not a bunch of overpaid shitty coaches.

not firing this fake douche coach right now is a fireable offense for CDC.  Get this shit done now so you don't handcuff the next guy.  I don't give a fuck anymore about how we look. I would like to not be the laughingstock of college football any more and I'd like to not have our high point to be looking like Cal.

the optics don't matter.  everyone hates us already, no matter what we do.  aggy spent $75m of our money and no one cared.  if we can't spend $100m of our money and tell everyone to fuckoff in the process, then we should just shut it all down.  otherwise, as noted, we're just cal.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

That makes no sense. 

There's a few words missing from the quote. Herman said the program is in better shape than it was when he was hired. He's right. But it's not good enough.

9 minutes ago, F250 said:

-Tom wasted what should have been the season we win the Big 12.

- ou with a young team that should be rebuilding won the rivalry game and is set to win the conference.

- The sheep rapists in college station are a top 5 team.

- Herman is unable to attract legacy recruits.

Are there any more reasons that the BMD's need to step in and force CDC's hand?

The Big 12 is gutter trash this year. No excuse for Herman's team to not be a one-loss or undefeated conference champ.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, JFKFC said:

Not all of us were born in to Westlake money.

How about $38 worth of hamburger meat? 

2 minutes ago, immamac said:

This bet is also sanctioned.Make it so @ztejas

Hahahaha. I wish I was born into actual money. Born into some decent privilege maybe.

What kind of meat we talking?

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

the optics don't matter.  everyone hates us already, no matter what we do.  aggy spent $75m of our money and no one cared.  if we can't spend $100m of our money and tell everyone to fuckoff in the process, then we should just shut it all down.  otherwise, as noted, we're just cal.

Exactly. Just as I & others have been saying all along, fuck the 'optics''. We don't have to justify firing an overpaid, underperforming coach - least of all to the fucking crooks in the Legislature who willfully sanction giving away literally hundreds of millions of $$$ in corporate welfare to crooked-ass pieces of shit like the COTA boss.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

There's a few words missing from the quote. Herman said the program is in better shape than it was when he was hired. He's right. But it's not good enough.

The Big 12 is gutter trash this year. No excuse for Herman's team to not be a one-loss or undefeated conference champ.

The program is exactly where it was on opening day of Turtle Year 2.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, RoyalBevo21 said:

Not really, should've lost to terrible ass Tech. 

this.  after this game it is now

Royal, Mack, Akers, Mackovic, Herman/McWilliams(tie), Strong.  we can not afford to be the old wait for a losing record Texas.  Fire him tomorrow. and name Ash.

CDC has done well with Softball and women's basketball, so I'll see what he can do with football and men's bball. The miracle was actually getting the women's basketball coach as he was building a house in Starkville. That's some serious pull when you can get a winner who's having a house built where he's coaching and now make it his vacation home. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sam didn't improve one iota over his Freshman year. That's coaching, pure and simple.

This is a pretty important statement.  Stop and think about what SE would have done at Ohio St, OU, or any other school with real coaching.  Instead, we get stupid sacks at the end of games and games where he struggles to pass for over 50% --- IN THE BIG 12.

• Like 1

Not sure he ever starts a game over the guys they had.

2 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

This is a pretty important statement.  Stop and think about what SE would have done at Ohio St, OU, or any other school with real coaching.  Instead, we get stupid sacks at the end of games and games where he struggles to pass for over 50% --- IN THE BIG 12.

1 minute ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Not to defend the coaches, but a stupid sack taken by a four year starter is 100% on the QB.

20 minutes ago, Mdhorn said:

They paid 7 million dollars for this dumb fuck to go for it on 4th . 4th and season and Herman didn’t make a pro choice or a college choice and certainly not a 7 million dollar one, he made an idiotic choice. The dumbest that could be made. A missed fg leaves him the same choice he made. Disgrace. He’s an idiot for a school that prides itself on smart decisions and students. 

he bet on his OL.  probably the worst unit on the team at this point (WR/TE close second)

dumbass made every wrong decision today.  how we can not scheme to get 10 yards or more against a prevent D wanting to hold us to a FG is beyond me.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Irish Wrist Watch said:

Sam didn't improve one iota over his Freshman year. That's coaching, pure and simple.

He did improve from his freshman to sophomore year. After the Georgia win, I bought in and thought we were going to be contenders the next 2 years. And Sam would keep getting better. And Tom would keep growing with him. Nope. Both reverted the very next year and it never got any better than it did in 2018. It was a fluke outlier year in both of their careers here.

The Herman era needs to end with the Sam era. Gave us a few cool moments but not much other than that. Better than the Charlie era? Sure. But that is an extremely low bar to set to judge them.

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

He wouldn’t have started at either of those schools 

• immamac changed the title to Tom Herman, Still The Head Coach at Texas