The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, Brisketexan said:

That’s not it. False defenders of the country are as bad as those who attack it. Putting on your battle gear, standing a post and looking menacing....only to open the gate and let the enemy though with a smile...that’s worse than not having a “defender” at all.
Fuck. Them. All. They stand against the republic. They have to go.

Seems like we have two different positions.

Your position is to take the Republicans head on in a direct and forceful approach until they are powerless.  In other words, Republican shaming.  The problem I see with that approach is the consequences.  You’re increasing the polarization by pushing them further away.  Perhaps we need to burn it down before we can really heal but I’m not there yet.

My position is the Republican voters need to change from within which can only be done through rhetorical leadership pulling the party back towards reality.   It’s a more challenging path because it requires actual leaders to lead but it’s the only way to avoid a real catastrophe and further polarization. 

It’s ironic our views differ on this considering you’re probably more conservative than me.

Another analogy is you see the republicans as a rabid dog that needs to be put down while I see them as a wild animal that can be domesticated with the proper treatment.  

So let’s say your approach works and the Republicans are quickly flushed out of power, what then?   Where do the republicans go? What tactics will they adopt to retake power?  Odds are high they will become more radical and lawless out of desperation and we will be looking at an even uglier situation.  

We should be able to still applaud republicans when they do something good and scold them when they do something bad.  Same with democrats. 

We don’t have to hate someone just because they’re republican or democrat.  

Seems like we have two different positions.
Your position is to take the Republicans head on in a direct and forceful approach until they are powerless.  In other words, Republican shaming.  The problem I see with that approach is the consequences.  You’re increasing the polarization by pushing them further away.  Perhaps we need to burn it down before we can really heal but I’m not there yet.
My position is the Republican voters need to change from within which can only be done through rhetorical leadership pulling the party back towards reality.   It’s a more challenging path because it requires actual leaders to lead but it’s the only way to avoid a real catastrophe and further polarization. 
It’s ironic our views differ on this considering you’re probably more conservative than me.
Another analogy is you see the republicans as a rabid dog that needs to be put down while I see them as a wild animal that can be domesticated with the proper treatment.  
So let’s say your approach works and the Republicans are quickly flushed out of power, what then?   Where do the republicans go? What tactics will they adopt to retake power?  Odds are high they will become more radical and lawless out of desperation and we will be looking at an even uglier situation.  
We should be able to still applaud republicans when they do something good and scold them when they do something bad.  Same with democrats. 
We don’t have to hate someone just because they’re republican or democrat.  

You’re right about our divergent views on how to deal with them. I believe that they are incurable and unsalvageable. All evidence says I’m right. There IS no winning path forward - just bad choices. Thus, the ledge, scotch, etc.
  • Like 1

Need more R or ex-R to step up and say this.  And NOT those retired from politics.  Grow some god damn balls.  Or shoot up some testosterone.  Either way, let’s fucking get to it.  

There ain’t enough testosterone in the world - we could inject the entire supply into their veins, and they’d still be the Gutless Old Pussies party.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

There ain’t enough testosterone in the world - we could inject the entire supply into their veins, and they’d still be the Gutless Old Pussies party.

We aren't talking testosterone.  We are talking organic chains that could one day become single cell organisms that could one day lead to a complex warm blooded creatures who might be able to generate a few molecules of testosterone.

Baby steps.

15 hours ago, tantric superman said:

I think people need to make a point of noticing when any Republican does even small things that show some indication that they aren't an invertebrate.  Will Hurd speaking out about a more intelligent approach to the border is one.  I don't have a problem with him not calling Trump an idiot.  I think it would be fun if he did, but I'm fine with Republicans erring on the side of civility as long as they err on the site of actual intelligent policy.  

I wouldn't  trust any politician to know what is going on with our Southern border or even how to fix it....They should really start listening to people like the border patrol ...They have pretty much ignored the issues with the border for decades for political reasons.  Both sides of the aisle...They only take action in the rural areas of the Southern border when the issue gets so bad that one of the little border towns becomes like a third world country due to the crime wave, and it starts hitting the national news.  It takes years sometimes of people begging the government to do something about it before they will react...

Edited by Rockymtnhigh

You be you, Lindsey.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/lindsey-graham-goes-trump-talking-points-better-kids-border-wall-new-schools/

Graham, however, told Brennan that the children of Kentucky need a border wall more than they need new schools.

“The president will have to make a decision on where he gets the money,” Graham agreed. “Let’s just say for a minute that he took some money out of the military construction budget.”

“I would say it’s better for the middle school kids in Kentucky to have a secure border,” he continued. “We’ll get them the school they need, but right now, we’ve got a national emergency on our hands.”

You be you, Lindsey.
https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/lindsey-graham-goes-trump-talking-points-better-kids-border-wall-new-schools/
Graham, however, told Brennan that the children of Kentucky need a border wall more than they need new schools.
“The president will have to make a decision on where he gets the money,” Graham agreed. “Let’s just say for a minute that he took some money out of the military construction budget.”

“I would say it’s better for the middle school kids in Kentucky to have a secure border,” he continued. “We’ll get them the school they need, but right now, we’ve got a national emergency on our hands.”

Actually, that’s pretty perfectly republican. Edukashun is for sissy libtards....WALL is for real men!*

*Who live in a constant state of pants-wetting fear of little brown people who pick produce and hang Sheetrock.

Newsflash:  Rush Limbaugh is still a fat fucking piece of shit.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/chris-wallace-calls-rush-limbaugh-hypocrite-face-outraged-obamas-executive-actions/

In an interview with Rush Limbaugh on Sunday, Fox News host Chris Wallace suggested that the conservative radio talker is a hypocrite when it comes to his views on presidents trying to circumvent the will of Congress.

“I want to ask you about the game you say we play in Washington,” Wallace said. “Because the fact is when President Obama took executive actions, you were outraged. And as you would expect, I’ve got a couple of examples.”

Wallace reminded Limbaugh that he accused Obama of flushing the Constitution “down the toilet” when he took executive action to defer the prosecution of immigrants who were brought to the U.S. as children.

“I understand that you like what President Trump is doing,” Wallace acknowledged. “And you didn’t like President Obama was doing. But that’s the concern here, is that to the degree that you give the president more and more powers, yes, you are going to get some things — executive powers — from one president you like, but you’re going to get things — executive powers — from another president that you don’t like.”

Limbaugh paused before answering: “You may look at it that way. I don’t. I look at it, right and wrong. And what Obama was doing was furthering this existing problem and politicizing this using whatever executive powers he wanted to use.”

Sen. Angela Paxton, wife of indicted Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, files bill that would make legal the crimes he is charged with. Fuck these people. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/16/ken-paxton-angela-securities-regulations-texas-attorney-general-power/?fbclid=IwAR1_OHaQ4-TjkAjzXzBIVWI0WTrHXSJWAqoORe6OfokaA4pekrwkhmvZVgg

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

23 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Newsflash:  Rush Limbaugh is still a fat fucking piece of shit.

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/02/chris-wallace-calls-rush-limbaugh-hypocrite-face-outraged-obamas-executive-actions/

“You may look at it that way. I don’t. I look at it, right and wrong.

This is why pointing out hypocrisy is pointless. They literally see everything as right and wrong and in their world everything republican is right and everything "librul" is wrong. Throw in religion, and they consider everything "librul" to be not only wrong but literally evil. Calling them hypocrites just makes them double down on their persecution complex. When Franklin Graham, Jerry Fallwell, that old piece of shit on the 700 Club, and that asshole at the Dallas church goes on TV and validates them, it becomes an actual holy war. Anything to their desired end. The constitution matters when it helps them, it doesn't when it doesn't. Who cares. Their on a mission from god to fix all these librul heathens who are inspired by the devil to stand up for migrant workers and advocate for better healthcare.

• Like 5

49 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Sen. Angela Paxton, wife of indicted Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, files bill that would make legal the crimes he is charged with. Fuck these people. 

https://www.texastribune.org/2019/02/16/ken-paxton-angela-securities-regulations-texas-attorney-general-power/?fbclid=IwAR1_OHaQ4-TjkAjzXzBIVWI0WTrHXSJWAqoORe6OfokaA4pekrwkhmvZVgg

Hang them.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2019 at 1:45 AM, Rockymtnhigh said:

I wouldn't  trust any politician to know what is going on with our Southern border or even how to fix it....They should really start listening to people like the border patrol ...They have pretty much ignored the issues with the border for decades for political reasons.  Both sides of the aisle...They only take action in the rural areas of the Southern border when the issue gets so bad that one of the little border towns becomes like a third world country due to the crime wave, and it starts hitting the national news.  It takes years sometimes of people begging the government to do something about it before they will react...

I'll start listening to the Border Patrol about what we should do about immigration right after I listen to TABC's thoughts on alcohol regulations.

13 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

His speechwriters were pretty good, you mean.

No, his rhetorical skills were amazing.  It’s not just the words but how they’re said.  Reagan had an uncanny ability to convey that he really believed in what he was saying.  

Trump could read the same speech and the message would get lost on most of the audience because it would come off as forced and artificial.  

Reagan brought gravitas and authority to his speeches few could match.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No, his rhetorical skills were amazing.  It’s not just the words but how they’re said.  Reagan had an uncanny ability to convey that he really believed in what he was saying.  

Trump could read the same speech and the message would get lost on most of the audience because it would come off as forced and artificial.  

Reagan brought gravitas and authority to his speeches few could match.

Reagan was a professional actor whereas Trump was a reality tv star.

• Like 2

On 2/16/2019 at 5:28 PM, Hugo Stiglitz said:

According to National Geographic, this is what the average human will look like in 2050

68440283-3578-49AA-B0A6-5E9483B2ACC5_zps

I hope this scares the shit out of Republicans 

A84F4A82-0F37-4306-9D99-DF726B8B6456_zps

while i am all for tan chicks with dsl's and striking eyes taking over the planet, i think pixar is likely more on point based on my quick look around.

980x.jpg

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

His speechwriters were pretty good, you mean.

No, Reagan was excellent at giving a speech. Disagree with his policies or what he did all you want but there’s really no denying his speech making ability, especially for the television. Being a professional actor helps of course.

It also helps that he wasn’t a complete dick like trump. If trump could give a speech like Reagan did the country would be totally fucked.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, retread said:

And Trumpkins will view the NC fraud as a one-off and illegal voting by immigrants as the true threat.

They'll just flat out continue to deny it and claim that they their republican secretaries of state don't suppress vote at all.

• Hugo Stiglitz changed the title to The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult