The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

My sister isn’t QAnon but she is generic Trumptard.  Aggie of course.  She just reposted this on Facebook.  

After hearing Mark Zuckerberg say that posting the "Our Father" prayer violates his policies, I am asking all Christians to follow my lead and publish "Our Father." " prayer
I declare my faith in public. Jesus said, Whoever denies me here on earth, I will deny before my Father who is in heaven. Matthew 10:33
This is the best challenge I've seen on Facebook. So if you love Him and you're not ashamed, please join me on this faith challenge!.
AMEN

Our Father,
That art in heaven,
Hallowed be thy name;
Thy kingdom come unto us;
Thy will be done
On earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread
And forgive us our trespasses,
As we also forgive those who trespass against us,
Lead us not into temptation;
And deliver us from evil.

For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever.
Amen!

three things:

I care about her so pointing out she’s regarded isn’t an option. I feel like they leverage that fact all the time.  It’s impolite to point out they are dumb so dumbness just keeps spreading. 

You see dumb shit on FB all the time, but how dumb can we get that she doesn’t realize the very fact that she’s seeing the post means it’s not banned. 

It isn’t enough to just post the Lord’s Prayer. You have to do it in a manner that says you’re sticking it to your perceived enemy. She is a fairly devout woman, but it honestly makes me wonder how much is a facade for some other purposes. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

11 hours ago, Thrawn said:

Small correction. He isn't/wasn't an OKC councilman. He lives in Enid. A very small town about a hundred miles North of OKC. I won't trash it since they just got rid of this asshole, but not surprisingly, Enid isn't exactly a thriving metropolis.

My freshman year in High School I was in kind of a touring teen peer education thing and found myself in a “farmer’s daughter” situation in Enid, and also saw Hellraiser II and cruised the main drag and went to Braums. 

• Haha 5

26 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

My sister isn’t QAnon but she is generic Trumptard.  Aggie of course.  She just reposted this on Facebook.  

three things:

I care about her so pointing out she’s regarded isn’t an option. I feel like they leverage that fact all the time.  It’s impolite to point out they are dumb so dumbness just keeps spreading. 

You see dumb shit on FB all the time, but how dumb can we get that she doesn’t realize the very fact that she’s seeing the post means it’s not banned. 

It isn’t enough to just post the Lord’s Prayer. You have to do it in a manner that says you’re sticking it to your perceived enemy. She is a fairly devout woman, but it honestly makes me wonder how much is a facade for some other purposes. 

Just type "Matthew 6:5" in her timeline without any other comment.

• Hook 'Em 3

29 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

She is a fairly devout woman, but it honestly makes me wonder how much is a facade for some other purposes. 

Maybe she is banging several MAGA dudes.  I, for one, am not going to freak shame her. 

32 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

three things:

Uncle just did this. Comment on it and call it bullshit. Post the Reuters link

12 hours ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

I've had a family member do this to me too. "Every time we talk about politics you say things that make me feel like I'm stupid."

Well then stop bringing up the latest BS thing you heard at the hair studio and I'll quit giving you my opinion. I don't think you're stupid, I just think you are getting terrible information and you're not thinking critically about it.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

1 hour ago, tx 3 putt said:

I mean considering the 14oz. pour of wine she has in her hand and her previous comedic life, this actually looks like a bit.  But I'm easier to fool in my older age.  You have to admit though, it does seem, drunk as she is, that's kinda hamming it up.  

1 hour ago, The Royal We said:

I've had a family member do this to me too. "Every time we talk about politics you say things that make me feel like I'm stupid."

Well then stop bringing up the latest BS thing you heard at the hair studio and I'll quit giving you my opinion. I don't think you're stupid, I just think you are getting terrible information and you're not thinking critically about it.

I thought about this on Easter when my cousins from Dripping Springs came over for brunch after we went to service.  One time, years ago, I said something about Trump and it wasn't personal to her but she flipped the fuck out and complained to my mother (her aunt) and my wife for literally two years and we barely spoke.  And her stance was that I was insulting her and making her feel "less than" even though all I did was bash Trump himself, not his followers.  So I say absolutely nothing about politics around her anymore or her family for years. And then one time I guess 18 months ago or so when Herschel Walker was running for GA Senate seat.  I said something to my other cousin at their house about how stupid he is without realizing she apparently loved him too.  And she got all kinda silently awkward for the rest of my visit there.  I honestly didn't mean to provoke her and her husband.  The first Trump thing, I admittedly was half drunk but it was directed at him, I didn't know at the time how devout they were in their love for him.  Second time, I guess maybe I was cracking wise and was sober and should have known better.  But they really get pissy about being confronted by people who worry about their political choices.  But I don't say shit to anybody anymore in my family.  Many of my in-laws are devout MAGA-acolytes and I never say jack-fucking-shit except, "Hey, we don't have cable anymore...but I'd be happy to turn on the smartTV app to FOXnews and turn it up to 50 so you can get your viewing."  

Most of my family is either apolitical or centre and just go which way that may help their business.  But my one cousin, who is like a sister to me, she embodies the "I never felt like people took me seriously, and then Trump came along and made me feel validated" posit.  And I listen to other people speak with her about politics, neighbors and other family at gatherings.  And it's precisely your quote, "Every time this comes up, you talk to me like I'm stupid for loving Trump."  And to my berated point, I still don't know if that just further galvanizes their worship/support of him, or if some of them will crack and not necessarily back off their adoration, but just think "Meh, I'm tired of being on the ropes for this guy...I'll just hang back for now."  We will be unpacking this for a century

• Hook 'Em 3

16 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

And to my berated point, I still don't know if that just further galvanizes their worship/support of him, or if some of them will crack and not necessarily back off their adoration, but just think "Meh, I'm tired of being on the ropes for this guy...I'll just hang back for now."  We will be unpacking this for a century

IMG_2516.jpeg.c33600f8828c3126f66c285672309337.jpeg

I read that in Mickey Rooney’s voice. Not cool man.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Gatorubet said:

IMG_2516.jpeg.c33600f8828c3126f66c285672309337.jpeg

I read that in Mickey Rooney’s voice. Not cool man.

Shit, did I mean "belabored"?  Damn I'm getting and my sleep's all fucked up lately.  

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Stop being a pussy and call them fucking stupid, and let them know you're laughing at them. "I didn't think you were dumb before, but I'm always revising my opinions when I receieve new data."

These dipshits used to be quiet and ostracized from society when they said stupid shit. Now there are no consequences. Us not calling a spade a spade is on us. 

I think we've talked about this before, but this is why his energized so many 'new/rarely' voters.  He made stupid people feel engaged.  I was talking about this with the guy I do hospitality ministry at my wife's church awhile back.  He was a solid GOP voter.  More Chamber-of-Commerce/Country Club kinda voter.  Obviously hold socially conservative values but brilliant scholar and super nice guy who has helped me through some shit.  But he just absolutely deplores Trump and his movement.  Not so much out of politics but he sees MAGA and Trump worship as an affront to his faith.  But he made a great point, we've always had stupid people.  It's just how human populations are designed by nature.  You're always gonna have geniuses, and creatives, and average, and stupids, et. al.  But for 95% of our history--- the stupids were either ostracized because of the liability they presented to the tribe.  Or, in most cases, tasked with simple chores and menial activities to still be part of the clan.  In some rare cases, because of who their parents were, they would be fully enveloped into the group.  But throughout history, it was never considered "okay"  Different societies dealt with them in different ways, but it was categorically acknowledged and dealt with in some form or fashion---never elevated.  Later on, a man came along with an idea.  There is but one Stupid God.  And it is me.  And you, my people, shall walk in my shadow... 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Stop being a pussy and call them fucking stupid, and let them know you're laughing at them. "I didn't think you were dumb before, but I'm always revising my opinions when I receieve new data."

These dipshits used to be quiet and ostracized from society when they said stupid shit. Now there are no consequences. Us not calling a spade a spade is on us. 

This! I have no problem calling people/family out for their stupidity or being brainwashed. 

At this point they do not have the ability to realize the fraud that the maga movement is on their own. It's going to take a sharp slap to the face of reality for them to wake up. Even then, they may be too far down the road to be able to turn back.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

But he made a great point, we've always had stupid people.  It's just how human populations are designed by nature.  You're always gonna have geniuses, and creatives, and average, and stupids, et. al.  But for 95% of our history--- the stupids were either ostracized because of the liability they presented to the tribe.  Or, in most cases, tasked with simple chores and menial activities to still be part of the clan.  In some rare cases, because of who their parents were, they would be fully enveloped into the group.  But throughout history, it was never considered "okay"  Different societies dealt with them in different ways, but it was categorically acknowledged and dealt with in some form or fashion---never elevated.  Later on, a man came along with an idea.  There is but one Stupid God.  And it is me.  And you, my people, shall walk in my shadow... 

When I was a teen, and my buddies and I would go out to the ranch my grandfather kinda sorta ran, so we could run around, drink beer, and shoot guns....for the price of 1) being his ranch hands for the day, and 2) at the end of the day, sitting around the porch drinking beer with him while he pontificated, he shared some thoughts on that point.

"See, your problem is that you live in the city, and there are lots of morons there.  And they just can't compete.  So, one of 'em is gonna steal your new car over there.  The problem is letting all these morons live with everyone else, and they just can't compete."

Well, why is that a problem now?

"Shit, we had plenty of morons in my day.  But we kept 'em out on the farm, where they couldn't do no harm."

Well....what would you do with all of the morons today?

"I'd put 'em in a cage and feed 'em oatmeal with a dump truck."

My S. Texas grandpa wasn't the most compassionate guy, but he had zeroed in on the problem pretty well.

Just now, Gatorubet said:

I think what has changed is that previously people who were not educated, were aware they were not educated, and had at least some respect for professionals and educated people. Now, they are constantly told that they are the smart ones - and it is those libtard idiots with all the edge of education in college who don’t know what the hell is going on because Soros pays professors.  Obviously that latter view makes them feel much better about themselves. The second factor is the Internet, and the ability of otherwise ostracized people to find like-minded fools to join in a community. Back in the day, a NAMBLA member would be essentially ostracized, and everyone would tell them why their thoughts were wrong. Now, he can go to the NAMBLA chat room, where people all over the country are saying, “you are exactly right , we should be able to date preteens!”  

They are the same outcasts, and the same stupid people, but the way they view themselves is dramatically changed, and the support and validation they receive for holding previously non-favored views in the community has empowered them.

I can see why it is attractive.  My ex brother-in-law is among the slowest people I know, never been able to pass any attempts at higher education, never reads anything, and absolutely absorbs every right wing podcast and radio show as if it were truth from God.  He told my youngest son when he went to college, and here I’m quoting, “don’t let those idiot professors turn you into a liberal”. 

Excellent, spot-on post.  Maybe our counter slogan should be "Make Being Stupid Something to be Ashamed of Again."

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

“I danced and everyone was amazed”. I’m sure they were; geriatrics have the dopest moves.

”they don’t teach you nothing good”. Double negative there. So I suppose they teach you good things according to your drunk ass.

Trump painting in background is perfect. I wonder how many of those ridiculous propaganda pieces are hanging in that dump.

This has got to be performance art.

Yeah, that was the same portrait that Ted Cruz gleefully took a photo of underneath a couple years ago...right?  

I know she's a MAGA-idiot and was obviously half in the bag.  But she still has comedic chops in her bones...it kinda felt like she was doing it as a bit.  Either way, she's obviously insane.  But it felt more satirically performative than anything.  Not sure the point of it unless somebody paid her to do it, but the woman still does have humor in her soul...wretched as it now is.  

58 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

I mean considering the 14oz. pour of wine she has in her hand and her previous comedic life, this actually looks like a bit.  But I'm easier to fool in my older age.  You have to admit though, it does seem, drunk as she is, that's kinda hamming it up.  

I thought about this on Easter when my cousins from Dripping Springs came over for brunch after we went to service.  One time, years ago, I said something about Trump and it wasn't personal to her but she flipped the fuck out and complained to my mother (her aunt) and my wife for literally two years and we barely spoke.  And her stance was that I was insulting her and making her feel "less than" even though all I did was bash Trump himself, not his followers.  So I say absolutely nothing about politics around her anymore or her family for years. And then one time I guess 18 months ago or so when Herschel Walker was running for GA Senate seat.  I said something to my other cousin at their house about how stupid he is without realizing she apparently loved him too.  And she got all kinda silently awkward for the rest of my visit there.  I honestly didn't mean to provoke her and her husband.  The first Trump thing, I admittedly was half drunk but it was directed at him, I didn't know at the time how devout they were in their love for him.  Second time, I guess maybe I was cracking wise and was sober and should have known better.  But they really get pissy about being confronted by people who worry about their political choices.  But I don't say shit to anybody anymore in my family.  Many of my in-laws are devout MAGA-acolytes and I never say jack-fucking-shit except, "Hey, we don't have cable anymore...but I'd be happy to turn on the smartTV app to FOXnews and turn it up to 50 so you can get your viewing."  

Most of my family is either apolitical or centre and just go which way that may help their business.  But my one cousin, who is like a sister to me, she embodies the "I never felt like people took me seriously, and then Trump came along and made me feel validated" posit.  And I listen to other people speak with her about politics, neighbors and other family at gatherings.  And it's precisely your quote, "Every time this comes up, you talk to me like I'm stupid for loving Trump."  And to my berated point, I still don't know if that just further galvanizes their worship/support of him, or if some of them will crack and not necessarily back off their adoration, but just think "Meh, I'm tired of being on the ropes for this guy...I'll just hang back for now."  We will be unpacking this for a century

I was kind of the same way with Reagan back in the day.  I would also add that I was 13 and 17 when he won his elections so I had shit to do with his getting elected.

The reasons why Reagan was a compelling candidate to teenage me:

He was slick. Compare him to Carter who was thoughtful, calculating, diligent and careful as well as burdened by problems that would require those traits for solid but unsatisfying solutions. Ford was tainted and short timer. Nixon was dirty and burdened with Nam. LBJ also had Nam.

The times. Growing up in 70s, I could see first hand the decline in American status....loss in Vietnam,the decline of US auto industry with rise in Japanese industry, OPEC flexing etc. Even the popular and acclaimed films of the day were critical, introspective, bleak, and uncomfortable. Even Star Wars had a used and dirty feel compared to other science fiction. Rocky, though an inspiring film, was set in a bleak environment. The Soviets and Eastern block Even kicked asses in the Olympics.

He sold hope and there were willing buyers.

I wised up during the Bush II administration, but I was college educated and exposed to vast amounts of information through my practice as a CPA. Even then it took the better part of 20 years to come around. So I am afraid some of these guys will never make it out.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jiggy-Z said:

I was kind of the same way with Reagan back in the day.  I would also add that I was 13 and 17 when he won his elections so I had shit to do with his getting elected.

The reasons why Reagan was a compelling candidate to teenage me:

He was slick. Compare him to Carter who was thoughtful, calculating, diligent and careful as well as burdened by problems that would require those traits for solid but unsatisfying solutions. Ford was tainted and short timer. Nixon was dirty and burdened with Nam. LBJ also had Nam.

The times. Growing up in 70s, I could see first hand the decline in American status....loss in Vietnam,the decline of US auto industry with rise in Japanese industry, OPEC flexing etc. Even the popular and acclaimed films of the day were critical, introspective, bleak, and uncomfortable. Even Star Wars had a used and dirty feel compared to other science fiction. Rocky, though an inspiring film, was set in a bleak environment. The Soviets and Eastern block Even kicked asses in the Olympics.

He sold hope and there were willing buyers.

I wised up during the Bush II administration, but I was college educated and exposed to vast amounts of information through my practice as a CPA. Even then it took the better part of 20 years to come around. So I am afraid some of these guys will never make it out.

Because it didn't feature enough of the other Stallone brother?  

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  We continue to re-evaluate all past administrations, as we should.  I've gotten more involved with the LBJ Library/Foundation in the last few years.  And I'm still not a big fan, though I appreciate many things he did.  My cousin is involved with the Reagan library and he has percolating doubts about the man's legend.  I know some of the staff at the W library at SMU and it's a mixed bag that will have to be unpacked for decades.  Sounds like you're a little older than me, but I vaguely remember Carter on TV.  I certainly came of age during the Reagan/H.W. eras.  Clinton, George W. and so forth.  All of them were incredibly flawed and I took a number of courses regarding the U.S. Presidency and still converse with a number of political historians and scholars.  But to a man, they all had one thing in common---they loved the idea of America.  Not always doing the right thing for Americans, but they loved this place to their core.  They all served before and after office in some form or fashion, and at least held dear the idea that we could be a better country, flawed as their approaches may have been.  What sets Trump apart, is he doesn't give fuck one about this place or the people in it nor its ideals.  This is merely the performative stage for his grift theatrics.  That's all we are to him.  He would have done the same bullshit and fooled the same stupid people in Belgium, or the 13 colonies, or Mars.  That's what makes this all so frustrating, his acolytes don't see that.  The next guy won't make the same mistake.  He'll come as an actual patriot.  He'll come as our countryman.  He'll come as our friend.  

• Hook 'Em 6

20 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Because it didn't feature enough of the other Stallone brother?  

Yeah, I get what you're saying.  We continue to re-evaluate all past administrations, as we should.  I've gotten more involved with the LBJ Library/Foundation in the last few years.  And I'm still not a big fan, though I appreciate many things he did.  My cousin is involved with the Reagan library and he has percolating doubts about the man's legend.  I know some of the staff at the W library at SMU and it's a mixed bag that will have to be unpacked for decades.  Sounds like you're a little older than me, but I vaguely remember Carter on TV.  I certainly came of age during the Reagan/H.W. eras.  Clinton, George W. and so forth.  All of them were incredibly flawed and I took a number of courses regarding the U.S. Presidency and still converse with a number of political historians and scholars.  But to a man, they all had one thing in common---they loved the idea of America.  Not always doing the right thing for Americans, but they loved this place to their core.  They all served before and after office in some form or fashion, and at least held dear the idea that we could be a better country, flawed as their approaches may have been.  What sets Trump apart, is he doesn't give fuck one about this place or the people in it nor its ideals.  This is merely the performative stage for his grift theatrics.  That's all we are to him.  He would have done the same bullshit and fooled the same stupid people in Belgium, or the 13 colonies, or Mars.  That's what makes this all so frustrating, his acolytes don't see that.  The next guy won't make the same mistake.  He'll come as an actual patriot.  He'll come as our countryman.  He'll come as our friend.  

General James Mattoon Scott?

• Hook 'Em 1

We've obviously established why the stupids gravitate towards the dotard, but I cannot for the life of me figure out people like my sister and her husband.  Both have UT degrees (engineering and advertising), he owns his own business, and they live in a large house near Brisket and have never wanted for anything.  Yet they both are steadfast in their support, maybe even moreso now, even after having seen the past years of insanity with the Rs.

I can't square it.  The only thing I can think is that he went down the Joe Rogan path a few years ago and it broke his brain.

18 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

We've obviously established why the stupids gravitate towards the dotard, but I cannot for the life of me figure out people like my sister and her husband.  Both have UT degrees (engineering and advertising), he owns his own business, and they live in a large house near Brisket and have never wanted for anything.  Yet they both are steadfast in their support, maybe even moreso now, even after having seen the past years of insanity with the Rs.

I can't square it.  The only thing I can think is that he went down the Joe Rogan path a few years ago and it broke his brain.

Smart people join cults too 

Propaganda works. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. We have unfettered propaganda networks firehosing “immigrants are murdering your family”  into their faces 24/7. It’s not just Tik Tok, it’s “legacy” media. 

It’s going to get worse 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Prepare your anus 1

We can file this one under: no fuckin shit, sherlock.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-infected-russian-propaganda-michael-mccaul-ukraine-aid-package-1886742

"I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it's infected a good chunk of my party's base," House Foreign Affairs Committee chair and Texas Republican, Michael McCaul, told Puck News.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 3

6 minutes ago, Captainant said:

We can file this one under: no fuckin shit, sherlock.

https://www.newsweek.com/republican-infected-russian-propaganda-michael-mccaul-ukraine-aid-package-1886742

"I think Russian propaganda has made its way into the United States, unfortunately, and it's infected a good chunk of my party's base," House Foreign Affairs Committee chair and Texas Republican, Michael McCaul, told Puck News.

Party of Trump Putin.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

4 hours ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

This! I have no problem calling people/family out for their stupidity or being brainwashed. 

At this point they do not have the ability to realize the fraud that the maga movement is on their own. It's going to take a sharp slap to the face of reality for them to wake up. Even then, they may be too far down the road to be able to turn back.

And in the past, we could not give a shit and just ignore them, because they were mostly harmless, but now they spread this stupid shit to other family members and friends through social media, text messages, etc. so this shit has to be called out.  Otherwise, Aunt Edna is spending her retirement checks on stupid MAGA grifting, or she’s saying things that denigrate other family members beyond a simple “oh he or she is a Democrat”.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

I don't get it either. My whole family votes Trump - both my sisters, their husbands, and most of their now voting-age kids, as well as my parents (who are in their 80s, so they're gonna vote R no matter what). But they're all otherwise intelligent, college-educated, successful people. They just flat-out refuse, for whatever reason, to see what the rest of us see.

My oldest sister is the worst. She's full-on MAGA, and hangs around with like-minded people, belives in conspiracies, etc. It kills me. I've usually bitten my tongue, but she recently forwarded me Tucker Carlson's documentary on "what really happened on Jan. 6" (her words). I couldn't take it and finally lashed out, told her what I think of Tucker/Trump/MAGA. She asked me how I could support someone like Biden, who "sold our country out to China", Burisma, etc, etc. All the bullshit. I asked her how she could support someone who tried to overthrow an election and was found guilty of years of fraud and liable for rape. Her response? "IT'S ALL A WITCH HUNT!"... I give up. It makes me truly sad.

Edited by Art Vandelay
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

During the pandemic, we had preppers who literally lived and breathed preparing for shit hitting the fan for years discovering that they couldn’t go a month or two without eating shitty food at Chilis or getting a haircut at SuperCuts.

People have their breaking points, and sometimes we don’t see any warning signs until it happens.

• Haha 1
  • Drool 1

48 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Smart people join cults too 

Propaganda works. Repeat a lie often enough and it becomes the truth. We have unfettered propaganda networks firehosing “immigrants are murdering your family”  into their faces 24/7. It’s not just Tik Tok, it’s “legacy” media. 

It’s going to get worse 

My aunt and uncle are in their early 60s and are successful business owners in Richmond VA.  I love them and hanging out with them.  They are fun, my cousins (their kids) are fun and it's always a blast to see them.  But they fell hook line and sinker for the drag queens and pedos in schools bit that Youngkin and others have been selling.  Even though they don't have kids in school anymore.  Even though they aren't particularly religious.  They are relatively good natured about it when I give them shit.  For instance, every time they say the word globalist, they have to drink.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

4 hours ago, Gatorubet said:

I think what has changed is that previously people who were not educated, were aware they were not educated, and had at least some respect for professionals and educated people. Now, they are constantly told that they are the smart ones - and it is those libtard idiots with all woke education in college who don’t know what the hell is going on because Soros pays professors.  Obviously that latter view makes them feel much better about themselves. The second factor is the Internet, and the ability of otherwise ostracized people to find like-minded fools to join in a community. 

Don’t forget that all of this positive reinforcement and being in on The Secret makes them feel like they are living in a Hollywood movie - whoever started using the imagery of the red pill/blue pill shit from The Matrix and tied it into “Deep State” bullshit nailed it as far as sucking these people down a rabbit hole.  They get excited that they are in on secrets that nobody else knows (even though it’s all over social media and even the news) and get angered that other people ignore them or even mock them.  They tell you stuff about Sleepy Joe that they think you don’t know or repeat something that a Joe Rogan or Tucker Carlson or Alex Jones said and think they are “informed” because they never thought about this stuff before,

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

During the pandemic, we had preppers who literally lived and breathed preparing for shit hitting the fan for years discovering that they couldn’t go a month or two without eating shitty food at Chilis or getting a haircut at SuperCuts.

People have their breaking points, and sometimes we don’t see any warning signs until it happens.

I'm gonna have to take exception to the Chili's shot.  The chicken crispers are delicious.  

9 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

he imagery of the red pill/blue pill shit from The Matrix

this was about being trans, too, which I find hilarious considering the people who take this stuff seriously in real life these days

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Hot take there, Mike

• Like 1

Here's your market report for the day.  I'm glad I didn't buy this a month ago at $70. You know, I've been reading it's really tough to short this stock due to a lot of broker expenses.  If Trump was really so smart, HE'D be the guy shorting the stock:

image.thumb.png.b6221d33074b96d228a1fc8593ec90aa.png

Edited by Bullneck
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don’t forget that all of this positive reinforcement and being in on The Secret makes them feel like they are living in a Hollywood movie - whoever started using the imagery of the red pill/blue pill shit from The Matrix and tied it into “Deep State” bullshit nailed it as far as sucking these people down a rabbit hole.  They get excited that they are in on secrets that nobody else knows (even though it’s all over social media and even the news) and get angered that other people ignore them or even mock them.  They tell you stuff about Sleepy Joe that they think you don’t know or repeat something that a Joe Rogan or Tucker Carlson or Alex Jones said and think they are “informed” because they never thought about this stuff before,

It’s a mash up of those read your own adventure books and “The Da Vinci Code” that sucks people in and spits em out way down the fucking rabbit hole.

To take the red pill and start doing your own research, turn to page 5

To take the blue pill and stay sane, close the fucking book and burn it

Edited by Goredho
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1