The GQP: Trumpist Death Cult

Hugo Stiglitz

On 5/31/2022 at 11:15 AM, Ojo Rojo said:

I was in Port O'Connor for Memorial Day Weekend and there are a couple of beaches accessible only by boat where lots of people gather. There are "Let's Go Brandon" and Trump flags flying from boats aplenty. You get the scene. I overheard one conversation where the guy said, "I think the Democrats were behind COVID. I wouldn't put it past them."  He was dead serious. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

That place is chock full of white, trumpy trash. 

Not sure where to put this, so might as well here.
MIL is over and my wife told her we got new pillows.

MIL response: Are they My Pillows?
Us: What?  That crazy person on Fox?
MIL: Oh is he?  I don't know, I'm checked out.
jon-hamm-head-nod.gif
My Dad was talking about his My Pillow he bought recently. I just changed the subject.

has anyone looked at the way home shopping network attracted older Americans and social security pay-days, the way Fox News hawks these products? I really want to see what overlaps, if any, exist between personnel or strategies. That’d be a fun internet wormhole but I’m drunk and will forget this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StassneyHorn said:

has anyone looked at the way home shopping network attracted older Americans and social security pay-days, the way Fox News hawks these products? I really want to see what overlaps, if any, exist between personnel or strategies. That’d be a fun internet wormhole but I’m drunk and will forget this.

Have a relative addicted to still buying shit from home shopping networks..  There’s overlap with Fox News.

I was in Port O'Connor for Memorial Day Weekend and there are a couple of beaches accessible only by boat where lots of people gather. There are "Let's Go Brandon" and Trump flags flying from boats aplenty. You get the scene. I overheard one conversation where the guy said, "I think the Democrats were behind COVID. I wouldn't put it past them."  He was dead serious. So we have that going for us, which is nice.

You know I fucking wish.  I fucking wish that the Dems created a plague that targeted Maga mouth-breathing cultists.  I'd happily wear masks for the next 5 years if that meant a covid wildfire burnt through these idiots.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 4
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Have a relative addicted to still buying shit from home shopping networks..  There’s overlap with Fox News.

This makes so much sense with my MIL too.  I have so much "as seen on TV" bullshit in my house because of her.

16 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

This makes so much sense with my MIL too.  I have so much "as seen on TV" bullshit in my house because of her.

Had a conversation with that relative when she was showing off a fold-up $200 sewing table thing she bought from one of the shopping networks, and showed her that she could have gotten it for under $75 on Amazon (and she has Prime).  She's on a fixed income and doesn't have a lot of extra money, but she watches those home shopping networks.  I wish I could get her addicted to Woot.com or something, would be cheaper.

If those shows had some unique products, I could understand it, but it's just knockoffs that you find on Amazon, but at least on Amazon you get reviews, and an easier return process.

Edited by atomheartbevo

Port A is the same way.  Beaucoups carts with Trump and LGB flags all over.  The guy at the Tropical Snow trailer was wearing an Infowars.com tee shirt.

On 6/1/2022 at 8:44 AM, Horn Dog said:

Dem 1:   We need to do something big to regain relevance.  How about we convince all the members of our party in the Senate to overturn the filibuster so we can pass popular legislation like voting rights, background checks for gun purchases, and protect abortion rights? 

Dem 2:  That is way to difficult and complicated.  Instead we should recruit the top scientific minds in the world to bioengineer an incredibly virulent man-made virus that will cause a world-wide pandemic and cause a global shutdown for multiple years, and kill millions cause that will help us beat Trump in 2020.   This project will require 100's of billions of dollars in funding, and  we need to do this in complete secrecy and need to prevent any of those those thousands of scientists and their assistants that we recruited for this project from ever talking to anyone, including their family members.  If even one person talks to the press or law enforcement, we may get blamed for this, but i think we can manage that risk.

Dem 1:  It's fool proof!

Their "logic" is built on two things: "If I think it, it must be true" and "If there is any seeming basis of support for something that I hear or read that I want to be true, then it has to be true." In this case, the logic is: Pandemic bad for Trump -> Dems want beat Trump -> Dems create COVID; Dems = evil/creating pandemic = evil. Ergo, Dems creating COVID just HAS to be true.

Edited by Ojo Rojo

Just now, Poe It Up said:

You know you’re a barrel of fun when a pillow conversation becomes political. 

We all know those people. You can't have a conversation with them anymore because they immediately turn everything into their idiotic political beliefs.

"Hey have you seen Top gun yet?"

"Blah blah liberal liberal Biden voter liberal trash blah blah liberal Obama blah blah Hillary."

3 minutes ago, Underdog said:

I’ve rubbed one out a time or two over Sandra and Kirsten of QVC.  

The scene opens to a dimly lit room, the flicker of the TV being the only source of light, and a half eaten dominos pizza on the coffee table. Who knew that a single purchase could lead to such a dark place

https://www.qvc.com/Temp-tations-Seasonal-Paper-Towel-Holder.product.K65788.html?sc=SRCH 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blotto said:

The scene opens to a dimly lit room, the flicker of the TV being the only source of light, and a half eaten dominos pizza on the coffee table. Who knew that a single purchase could lead to such a dark place

https://www.qvc.com/Temp-tations-Seasonal-Paper-Towel-Holder.product.K65788.html?sc=SRCH 

You’ve been spying on me? 

6 hours ago, Red Five said:

We all know those people. You can't have a conversation with them anymore because they immediately turn everything into their idiotic political beliefs.

"Hey have you seen Top gun yet?"

"Blah blah liberal liberal Biden voter liberal trash blah blah liberal Obama blah blah Hillary."

Drives me up the fucking walls.  And it seems like it's more of a recent thing.  I don't recall these kinds of conversations 5-10 or more years ago. I have had conversations with relatives about things that have nothing to do with the border, national security, etc., and fuck if they can't stop themselves from bitching about illegals at the border, inflation, gas prices, etc.

And I've laid into a few of them, pointing out that they had absolutely no problems employing illegals in years past to mow their lawns, do some house painting, put in new fences, etc., etc., and that they help generate the demand for illegal crossings.

• Hook 'Em 1