The movie you just watched

F250

Watched a few mediocre movies on Tubi last couple of nights. 
anaconda - Jon Voight as the over the top, creepy villain was enjoyable.  It was a good “B” movie. 
Predators - pretty good.

Aliens vs Predators - pretty bad.  I’m not a big fan of the reluctant person recruited to head a mission and they’re the only person on earth capable of it.  See Armageddon.  In this case the late 20’s female lead who had been leading ice climbing tours part time for 7 years was the only person capable of successfully leading the mission.  
Early in the movie she is asks another character why the need for a gun.  Cut forward a couple hours (of Movie time) and she’s doing hand to hand combat with Predator with a make shift spear and shield. 
The transformation of the environmental scientist into a fearless warrior was a bit far fetched.  
The female sniper in Predators was a far more believable character…. I mean for a person dropped on a distant Planet to be hunted by Predators. 

deep blue sea - pretty bad.  I notice DBS with LL Cool J and Anaconda with Ice Cube both made the predictable joke with those characters essentially say “I wish I were back in Compton.”  

Edited by Lhorn

Not a movie, but a documentary I saw at the theatre last night called Facing Monsters. It’s about two brothers who are surfers. They are from Western Australia and one of the two is always looking for a new challenge. I thought it was an awesome documentary and the scenes showing them surfing in some absolutely brutal areas was incredible. I am going to Tahiti in January to surf for a month so watching this was pretty cool. I will never be able to do even a tenth of what they can do though in the documentary. 

On 10/15/2022 at 9:32 PM, Lhorn said:

Watched a few mediocre movies on Tubi last couple of nights. 
anaconda - Jon Voight as the over the top, creepy villain was enjoyable.  It was a good “B” movie. 
Predators - pretty good.

Aliens vs Predators - pretty bad.  I’m not a big fan of the reluctant person recruited to head a mission and they’re the only person on earth capable of it.  See Armageddon.  In this case the late 20’s female lead who had been leading ice climbing tours part time for 7 years was the only person capable of successfully leading the mission.  
Early in the movie she is asks another character why the need for a gun.  Cut forward a couple hours (of Movie time) and she’s doing hand to hand combat with Predator with a make shift spear and shield. 
The transformation of the environmental scientist into a fearless warrior was a bit far fetched.  
The female sniper in Predators was a far more believable character…. I mean for a person dropped on a distant Planet to be hunted by Predators. 

deep blue sea - pretty bad.  I notice DBS with LL Cool J and Anaconda with Ice Cube both made the predictable joke with those characters essentially say “I wish I were back in Compton.”  

I recently watched Anaconda as well and agree with JV being the over the top, horrible accent, but campy fun.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Im going to the Saharas soon for a month to carry out ancient bloodfeuds and launch surprise attacks on global imperialists, so watching this was pretty cool

Now THIS IS HOW YOU SURLY and win the internets for a day. Has kind of a Mel Gibson Braveheart ring to it, yes?

12 hours ago, RPM said:

That's not really how humblebrag works.

Never understood the humblebrag on here. The documentary just got me psyched for hitting the waves. That and the book I read recently named The Wave both did. I feel pretty confident that I’ll embarrass myself many times while attempting to consistently not fall into the ocean. 

If Mitch Buchannon flirted with an underage girl, went to his high school reunion and then had a mid-life crisis you would have Lifeguard with Sam Elliott.

Of course, it's kind of funny that both the movie and the TV show Baywatch had Parker Stevenson playing, a lifeguard.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

6 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Don’t have one that I can find. They had a pilot a couple of years ago (prior to the Lethal Weapon show that fell apart.) it was after the movie Draft Day it just never came together. 

I think you may be confused. There are literally zero search results anywhere for a Last Boy Scout tv series or pilot.

Vampire in Brooklyn (1995)

Watched this millions of times as a kid.  Didn't realize Charlie Murphy did the screenplay and Wes Craven directed.  Right before Eddie Murphy went family and Craven had his Scream Renaissance.  

Still funny as fuck.  The one liners in that movie are incredible.  Great for a good night's laughter.  

• Hook 'Em 1

Mrs. Doubtfire. Watching it as an adult is nuts.

We’re supposed to feel bad for a guy who dresses up as a woman to babysit his kids because the court says he’s not allowed to see them. 

We’re supposed to believe Sally Field is so stupid that she doesn’t notice it’s her ex-husband dressed up as a woman. 

I laughed a lot rewatching this movie after 20 years, but my analysis of the whole plot has me officially feeling like an old man yelling at a cloud.

• Hook 'Em 1

We’re supposed to feel bad for a guy who dresses up as a woman to babysit his kids because the court says he’s not allowed to see them. 
We’re supposed to believe Sally Field is so stupid that she doesn’t notice it’s her ex-husband dressed up as a woman. 
I laughed a lot rewatching this movie after 20 years, but my analysis of the whole plot has me officially feeling like an old man yelling at a cloud.

If he’s been taking care of bidness schtupping the delectable Sally Field instead of being a creepy dude his wife might not have cast his ass out.

I did not like this movie then. Has some funny bits but he should have been locked up for violating the court for breaking into her house in a dress.

We did eat at Bridges, the restaurant featured in the movie in Danville regularly when we lived there. It was a fantastic place. Still there.

8 hours ago, MrBig said:

Dude…. Spoiler that shit. 

• Haha 2

NSIAP....

Apple TV . The Greatest Beer Run Ever.

1967 and the true story of a guy from New York that goes to Vietnam to deliver beer to his buddies that are serving there. (Based off his book and also there is a short 13 minute documentary sponsored by Pabst Blue Ribbon on youtube with the actual guys. Found and interview with them on youtube there also that was done by the Jane Pauly show on the making of the movie). 

• Hook 'Em 1

Everything everywhere all at once. Wowzers

My favorite movie in a long time.

Mentioned this in the horror thread but just watched Pearl and loved it. Not for everyone, completely different type of movie than X, worth seeing for Mia Goth performance alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro