NBC To Megyn Kelly: Buh-Bye Now...

phdhorn

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/25/660644000/megyn-kelly-out-at-nbc-after-blackface-remarks

Apparently not outrightly canned, but "negotiated" her exit.  The blackface stuff.

Heard the comments, didn't think they were all that different from what many people would say around some bar table today.  But I guess not on that thar Tee-Vee.

Don't care.  Never liked her anyway.  Got too big for her britches.  NBC move was an abusive relationship just waiting to happen.  She was stupid and egotistical and went for the money, although she was doomed before the ink dried.  That was the worst move of her life.

Good riddance I guess.  She's a beatdown.

And finally, no I don't think she was ever that hot.  Pretty face, but too bony.

Tough titties, Megyn.  GIve your head time to shrink back to normal.

Edited by phdhorn
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, phdhorn said:

Don't care.  Never liked her anyway.  Got too big for her britches.  NBC move was an abusive relationship just waiting to happen.  She was stupid and egotistical and went for the money, although she was doomed before the ink dried.  That was the worst move of her life.

Don't care.  Good riddance (not that I watched one second of her in the last 1 1/2 years anyway.

Hmm. Not sure I believe you since you had to say it twice that you don't care.

I don't know what NBC was thinking in trying to make her into a Today Show Katie Couric clone. She's not that. She's not personable. She's a bulldog. You need her anchoring political coverage or commenting on politics. The blackface stuff is stupid and a half assed reason to fire her. This is more that they needed an out to move on from her. She's been a trainwreck from the get go, both in ratings and content. I think she'll land somewhere on down the road. 

And I think she's quite fetching.

• Like 4

Too skinny, but great legs.  When she marched downstairs at Fox on election night 2012, to visit with the projection geeks who Karl Rove disagreed with...that was a good moment for her. 

And putting a bulldog personality into a soft-sell timeslot was utterly stupid.

She's someone who is best suited to covering politics and such, that's it.

Whatever.

BUT....if she needs consoling....

Man, I guess Jimmy Kimmel is screwed since he once did a blackface bit on a comedy network that has nothing to do with his existing network. 

I'm just waiting for people to throw out the Eddie Murphy whiteface bit or the White Girls movie. Shocked hammer didn't pull that out of his bag of tricks.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Man, I guess Jimmy Kimmel is screwed since he once did a blackface bit on a comedy network that has nothing to do with his existing network. 

I'm just waiting for people to throw out the Eddie Murphy whiteface bit or the White Girls movie. Shocked hammer didn't pull that out of his bag of tricks.

You mean the Wayans? Why would anyone apologize for trying to be funny? You can go back and read what I said about Roseanne and what I said about Samantha Bee. I don't care about any of it. I'm free to wear whatever I want, you're free to make good or bad jokes as you want, and you're free to be offended to your heart's content. That's how it works.

5bdcc7825a9a891f90e50f9ae7e5787b.png

Edited by Thetexashammer

33 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You're half right.  I edited the other one out (that's what the "Edit" button's for).  And I realiy don't care much about what happens to her.
Anyway, in this day and age, you can't say the same shit that you used to that in no way reflected what people wanted to read into it (racism, sexism, etc.).  But again, she was doomed from the start in going to NBC.

I half think she just wanted to GTFO of there anyway, and took this chance.  Her shows bombed (apparently).  Maybe she'll do Rural TV or that other righty news show on cable/not-broadcast TV.  Buh-bye.

What's with chicks with some form of "Megan" thinking blackface is okay?

1st-grade teacher under investigation for 'offensive and appalling' blackface Halloween costume

2a6a6ae0-c8e6-11e7-9cff-7328f6356b24_312296a0-9f06-11e7-9020-e3519abe6e23_LOGO.jpg
Elise Solé
Yahoo LifestyleOctober 25, 2018

A teacher is being investigated by her Iowa school district for wearing blackface at a Halloween party. (Photo: Getty Images)
More

A school district is investigating a first-grade teachers who wore blackface at a Halloween party.

Photos of Megan Luloff, 32, a teacher at Walcott Elementary School in Davenport, Iowa, wearing blackface while dressed as a character from the film Napoleon Dynamite have been circulating on social media. The photos were taken at Friday’s “Boos Bash,” a Halloween party held at the Walcott American Legion hall.

Superintendent Art Tate of Davenport Community Schools did not respond to Yahoo Lifestyle’s requests for comment. And a spokesperson for Walcott Elementary School directed Yahoo Lifestyle to statements published Wednesday in the Quad-City Times.“The wearing of blackface is never appropriate in any circumstance by any person,” Tate told the news outlet in an email. “The issue is under investigation by the district.”

A first-grade teacher at Walcott Elementary in Walcott, Iowa reportedly showed up to a Halloween party for the Grown & Stupid wearing blackface: https://trib.al/9Exs0Zv 

School board vice president Linda Hayes also told the Quad-City Times, “I cannot clearly articulate how offensive and appalling it is to people of color. In light of our recent developments within the district, this was in very poor taste, not to mention totally out of line with regard to professionalism. We are working very hard with professionals from across the country and within the state to assist with the problem of disproportionality, and one of our own is fueling the fire with blatant racism. All I can say is it’s very sad, and totally unacceptable.”

The school board also sent a statement to the publication:

“The district was very recently made aware of these images of a district employee at a non-school-related event, and an internal investigation is currently ongoing. The board does not condone the insensitivity these images depict and is very disappointed something like this is now connected to our school community.”

The statement also reads: “The district strives to provide a quality education enriched by our diverse community, in a fair and supportive environment for all. The images run counter to the respect, values, and beliefs the district promotes and should not be a reflection on the District as a whole. This situation is not taken lightly by any member of the board. The district will determine how to best address the matter after further investigation.”

Yahoo Lifestyle could not reach a representative of the Iowa-Nebraska NAACP for comment. The group’s president, Betty C. Andrews, told the Quad-City Times, “Depictions like these deliver messages of fear and trauma, evoking images from another movie: the racially propagandized 1915 movie ‘Birth of a Nation,’ in which black people are criminalized, humiliated, and lynched.” 

“The revelation that the woman in blackface is a teacher who is expected to provide a safe and equitable classroom environment for all children is very disconcerting,” she added. “Equally as upsetting is that the people around her also seem to be celebrating her appearance. This is not the Iowa that should be a field of dreams for all of us.” 

The Quad-City Times reports that the Davenport school district is currently being examined for placing a “disproportionate” number of minority students in special education and imposing discipline.

On Wednesday, NBC host Megyn Kelly created a wave of anger for questioning why blackface is racist. “But what is racist?” she said to her on-air guests. “Because you do get in trouble if you are a white person who puts on blackface on Halloween, or a black person who puts on whiteface for Halloween. Back when I was a kid that was OK, as long as you were dressing up as, like, a character.”

Sweeping outrage, including from NBC News chief Andy Lack, led to Kelly apologizing in a statement. The same day, she mysteriously separated from her talent agency, CAA, and her future at NBC is reportedly bleak.

My god we live in a stupid world. The Megyn Kelly bit and the commentators afterward just all sound idiotic.

Black face bad. Don't do black face. Don't make black face a massive concern. It's hard to get worked up about private citizens doing stupid things.

Kelly was always worth a pause on FOX. She was not the same on NBC. I'm sure NBC is being pretty cynical about using this as a way to oust a bad business decision. I suppose we should be glad that the executives there could take a break from trying to diddle interns and staff to notice what a great offense had transpired.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Lol at the hypocrisy. 

This.  Megyn aside imo you should be able to dress for whoreoween, including BlackFace KKK nazi isis stripper homo, however the hell you damn want.  The whole point of the holiday, which is the context, is to wear a costume that you otherwise wouldnt.  Something that is unreal, fake, dumb, scary, witty, funny, provocative and/or controversial, without malicious intent of course, is the point.  Bunch of damn snowflakes. 

Edited by RollLeft
  • Like 6

I don't know what NBC was thinking in trying to make her into a Today Show Katie Couric clone. She's not that. She's not personable. She's a bulldog. You need her anchoring political coverage or commenting on politics. The blackface stuff is stupid and a half assed reason to fire her. This is more that they needed an out to move on from her. She's been a trainwreck from the get go, both in ratings and content. I think she'll land somewhere on down the road. 

All of this

She's walking away with a shitload of cash and will never need a full time job again. But her ego will want to stay on camera full time. Unfortunately she's toxic. FOX won't take her back. Not sure if ABC or CBS would hire her, either. I don't think she would consider Sinclair after their plans fell through and the other small right wing networks couldn't afford her.

That leaves CNN and they might actually think about it. Give her back a primetime slot and let her duke it out with Cooper, Cuomo and Lemon. It would do a lot to attract viewers and shed the stigma CNN has with "conservatives". She could be their Shep Smith and it would work. 

5 hours ago, Thetexashammer said:

You mean the Wayans? Why would anyone apologize for trying to be funny? You can go back and read what I said about Roseanne and what I said about Samantha Bee. I don't care about any of it. I'm free to wear whatever I want, you're free to make good or bad jokes as you want, and you're free to be offended to your heart's content. That's how it works.

5bdcc7825a9a891f90e50f9ae7e5787b.png

Boy, I sure am glad that you made the jump over here to keep us informed about the situation in America. I don't know what I would do without this valuable information. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, RPM said:

She's walking away with a shitload of cash and will never need a full time job again. But her ego will want to stay on camera full time. Unfortunately she's toxic. FOX won't take her back. Not sure if ABC or CBS would hire her, either. I don't think she would consider Sinclair after their plans fell through and the other small right wing networks couldn't afford her.

That leaves CNN and they might actually think about it. Give her back a primetime slot and let her duke it out with Cooper, Cuomo and Lemon. It would do a lot to attract viewers and shed the stigma CNN has with "conservatives". She could be their Shep Smith and it would work. 

https://www.oann.com/

10 hours ago, RPM said:

Al Jazeera america