Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

2 minutes ago, Hate said:

It’s probably safer if all Russian planes remain on the ground anyway.

Funny story - a few years ago, we flew through Kiev on a trip.  When I was booking our flights (heading to Armenia, so airline choices were....not the usuals), the boy, an aviation nut, said "dad, I hope you realize, no fucking way should you put us on anything Aeroflot flies."  I told him that I was already there, and excluded Aeroflot from all my searches.

2 minutes ago, TurkeyChew said:

I agree. He had to bet that the "West" views Ukraine as inferior and second-class and business would outweigh any moral/sentiment to what is essentially Russians in Russia Jr.

Europe views Ukraine like they do Turkey. They aren't in the family and never will be.

Putin probably figured whatever short-term (or even long-term) pain he and the country will feel from sanctions is worth annexing Ukraine - that he stands more to gain than to lose.

Or maybe Putin wasn't hugged enough as a child.

• Like 1
  • Drool 2

2 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Putin probably figured whatever short-term (or even long-term) pain he and the country will feel from sanctions is worth annexing Ukraine - that he stands more to gain than to lose.

Or maybe Putin wasn't hugged enough as a child.

seriously what changed on the world's dealings with Russia after they took Crimea in 2014? absolutely nothing.

what's going to change after this shitshow? absolutely nothing. 

we already see countries not wanting to implement SWIFT because it will hurt their countries exports. in a few years no matter what happens to Ukraine, everything will go back to "normal" ways in chase of $$$ and this will just be another event in the history books.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

This shit is stupid.

If you want to hurt Russia hard enough to make a difference, you (we) are going to have to feel some pain as well.

It's like turning off the heat when it's -30 outside, and you're in a coat and long pants.....and your adversary is in a t-shirt and shorts.  BOTH of you are going to hurt......but he's going to hurt worse, and maybe die.

Turn off the heat.  All of it.  All of us will suffer.  Russia will collapse.  It's time to be done with this shit.

Edited by Brisketexan
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Easy to say but if you're a Ukraine level country, you should have a few offensive options against your big brother next door who could overwhelm you.  I don't mean win an offensive war but throw your neighbor a black eye perhaps enough to get them to pause or alter course.

Blow up portions of any russian pipelines going through your country. Take out NS 1 and 2.  Sail a freighter full of some explosive compound into a Russian harbor.  It might would cause an escalation but  Russia isn't going to stop until they fully control Ukraine from here on out. The Ukrainian govt needs to do whatever they can to financially take down Russia even if they fail at some of the actions.  Does Ukraine really have much to lose now?

13 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

jesus fucking christ. everyone's a greedy asshole.

Of course….Austrias largest employer and partial-state owned oil company OMV has operations and interests in Russian fields and trades with it. How ya gonna make deals if the cord is cut

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This shit is stupid.

If you want to hurt Russia hard enough to make a difference, you (we) are going to have to feel some pain as well.

It's like turning off the heat when it's -30 outside, and you're in a coat and long pants.....and your adversary is in a t-shirt and shorts.  BOTH of you are going to hurt......but he's going to hurt worse, and maybe die.

Turn off the heat.  All of it.  All of us will suffer.  Russia will collapse.

we are just as bad as everyone else. there's no conviction. 

putin will continue to stress test ours and the world's conviction to holding him in check. so far, we and everyone else has prob responded exactly how he thought we would. it's like he already went down this path in 2014.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Easy to say but if you're a Ukraine level country, you should have a few offensive options against your big brother next door who could overwhelm you.  I don't mean win an offensive war but throw your neighbor a black eye perhaps enough to get them to pause or alter course.

Blow up portions of any russian pipelines going through your country. Take out NS 1 and 2.  Sail a freighter full of some explosive compound into a Russian harbor.  It might would cause an escalation but  Russia isn't going to stop until they fully control Ukraine from here on out. The Ukrainian govt needs to do whatever they can to financially take down Russia even if they fail at some of the actions.  Does Ukraine really have much to lose now?

Well, they did have nukes until 1994 until us and the West convinced them to get rid of them in exchange for a promise that we would always be there in case Russia ever did something like this...

With friends like us, who needs enemies?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 2

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Well, they did have nukes until 1994 until us and the West convinced them to get rid of them in exchange for a promise that we would always be there in case Russia ever did something like this...

Those agreements are never real. Ukraine should have required NATO membership to get rid of the nuclear weapons.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 1

Just now, Murfdogg21 said:

Where is all the space laser shit we’ve been working on for the past 20 years? Start zapping these mother fuckers from LEO!

The Jews are controlling them this week.  Hence the burn alert on Texas.  

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This.

Had I been Zelensky, part of my war plan would have been dispersing some forces in different areas.  As in, I'd have had some guys buy a fast fishing boat in Italy, and strap a torpedo or two to the sides.....which we would use to target Russian oligarch yachts and Russian merchant vessels.  I'd have had saboteurs in place in Russian ports and cities.  Blow some bridges in Russia that might be used for re-supply of ammo and such.  Target the assets (foreign homes) of oligarchs -- torch them.

You can't win a frontal war.  But you can make the costs of Russian action unacceptably high.  When outgunned, that is THE strategy.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

They had the third largest supply of nukes, but didn't have the codes needed to use them, they were Russian controlled.

• Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Never hand someone else your balls.  Eventually, they WILL squeeze.

Fuck 'em.  Play ball or get fucked.  The time for pussy-ass demands and trading of interests is over.  Europe is at war.  Stop pretending that it isn't.  

Balls.  Squeezed.

And as for Hungary and Orban, get on board or get expelled.

Excellent.  Should happen across the board, in all western nations.  And planes currently on the ground in western nations?  They are grounded for the duration.

On brand, the Euros are nuttless.  Fuck 'em, if they're not willing to fight, why should we even fucking bother with it. 

5 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

2 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Those agreements are never real. Ukraine should have required NATO membership to get rid of the nuclear weapons.

This is one of the bigger storylines here.  Nuclear non-proliferation is now dead.

We followed the script we recommend to all states: ditch/don't develop nukes, and in exchange, we'll provide your security.

And we just showed that our promise means jack shit.  If you are the Republic of Chickenshitistan, aren't you working overtime starting yesterday to get some nukes to provide some deterrent?  You'd be an idiot if you aren't.  The threat of a nuclear response is the only real security guarantee that exists, and if other folks won't provide it for you, you damned well better do it yourself.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

They had the third largest supply of nukes, but didn't have the codes needed to use them, they were Russian controlled.

How safe would we feel is we left a huge number of nukes in Iraq or Afghanistan, but retained the launch codes to use them?  

8 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

we are just as bad as everyone else. there's no conviction. 

putin will continue to stress test ours and the world's conviction to holding him in check. so far, we and everyone else has prob responded exactly how he thought we would. it's like he already went down this path in 2014.

You ain't wrong.

But on any path, there is a breaking point.  I'm suggesting that this should be it.  Particularly because any of the "next steps" from Russia are too severe to even be contemplated. So, you have to stop it now, because the next steps....there is no stopping anything, you're at full-scale war.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Grade of D as in David said:

It'd take what 3 months, maybe 6, for a team of competent engineers to replace the control boards to own those bad boys.   If you have physical control of a nuke, you have a nuke.

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.

Had I been Zelensky, part of my war plan would have been dispersing some forces in different areas.  As in, I'd have had some guys buy a fast fishing boat in Italy, and strap a torpedo or two to the sides.....which we would use to target Russian oligarch yachts and Russian merchant vessels.  I'd have had saboteurs in place in Russian ports and cities.  Blow some bridges in Russia that might be used for re-supply of ammo and such.  Target the assets (foreign homes) of oligarchs -- torch them.

You can't win a frontal war.  But you can make the costs of Russian action unacceptably high.  When outgunned, that is THE strategy.

I take it from all the tweets that I’ve seen over the last several hours Zelenskyy is staying in Ukraine. 

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This shit is stupid.

Turn off the heat.  All of it.  All of us will suffer.  Russia will collapse.  It's time to be done with this shit.

To your point, I am so far unimpressed with the West's tolerance for pain for the sake of Ukraine (hey that rhymes!).

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

You ain't wrong.

But on any path, there is a breaking point.  I'm suggesting that this should be it.  Particularly because any of the "next steps" from Russia are too severe to even be contemplated. So, you have to stop it now, because the next steps....there is no stopping anything, you're at full-scale war.

Love him or hate him, Rubio is spot on with this.  It's been the Russian MO for decades, and a big ass reason we've never gone into direct conflict with them.

image.thumb.png.ad382b8305c85288a8fb291faa64b0c3.png

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, Eastwood said:
47 minutes ago, DaggerHorns said:
I think you’re safe from the draft boomer.

WW2 draft was 18-45 and the last article I read talked about how the US military estimates that around only 1/3 of the American populace that isn't already in the military would qualify and make it through a boot camp. So, if you're below the age of 45 and can pass a PFT with 6-9 weeks of training, you're in. Congrats!

Can you imagine being a Drill Sergeant, and having to hear a bunch of draftees tell you how they did it in Crossfit?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Love him or hate him, Rubio is spot on with this.  It's been the Russian MO for decades, and a big ass reason we've never gone into direct conflict with them.

image.thumb.png.ad382b8305c85288a8fb291faa64b0c3.png

Agreed.  Rubio's real-time discussion of this topic has been refreshingly on-point and accurate.

And yes, that doctrine is the real-deal.  And we best be getting ready to have it tested, and right soon.  The West is at war with Russia.  Doesn't matter if we feel like we are or not, Russia made the decision for us.  And pretending like it can just be negotiated away with piss-ant painless and pointless mini-sanctions is fucking unicorn-fart fantasy.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй