Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 minutes ago, XYZ said:

Isn’t the Chernobyl area, like, you know, radioactive?

Yes and no. There is (was) ongoing remediation work in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and generally speaking it's safe to walk around there. Now, you may get really unlucky and step on a tiny shard of irradiated fuel and pick up a serious dose of radiation, but for the most part unless you're going into buildings and poking around it's ok.

There's a whole world of biologists and radiologists on youtube who have vlogs going into the exclusion zone, collecting samples, doing engineering surveys, conducting tours, etc. Pretty fascinating stuff

17 minutes ago, troph said:

your not paying attention.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2022/02/02/america_isnt_ready_for_russias_battlefield_nuclear_weapons_814821.html

different nukes, not blow up the world nukes but definitely not a line we are likely willing to cross ourselves. In fact, it sounds like we don't even have these types of nukes.

Yeah, but Russia doesn't even have a Space Force, so we have a big edge there!

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yes and no. There is (was) ongoing remediation work in the Chernobyl exclusion zone, and generally speaking it's safe to walk around there. Now, you may get really unlucky and step on a tiny shard of irradiated fuel and pick up a serious dose of radiation, but for the most part unless you're going into buildings and poking around it's ok.

There's a whole world of biologists and radiologists on youtube who have vlogs going into the exclusion zone, collecting samples, doing engineering surveys, conducting tours, etc. Pretty fascinating stuff

They have pretty short time windows to go in and out without getting too much radiation.

7 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

with = against, or with = alongside ?

These are Rosgvardia (Russian National Guard) troops from Chechnya.  They are fighting for Russia.  Russia likes to deploy Chechen units as much for the psychological terror their presence inflicts as for their actual capabilities.  We saw this in Georgia and Donbas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, 956 Worldwide said:

These are Rosgvardia (Russian National Guard) troops from Chechnya.  They are fighting for Russia.  Russia likes to deploy Chechen units as much for the psychological terror their presence inflicts as for their actual capabilities.  We saw this in Georgia and Donbas. 

that makes much more sense.

7 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

I didn't realize there were adolescent nukes. Sound like nasty kids, nonetheless. 

Tactical nukes were a thing during Soviet doctrine.  Two massive army's in open field and armor.  We were scared that Russian T72s would cause lots of damage and carnage so the idea of a low yield tactical nuke was put into play. They tested them.  Then better options came along like bigger more powerful bombs and explosives.  There might be one or more laying around just in case but never be used.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Obviously dated but still a fascinating piece on 60 Minutes:

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, BurdineBandit said:

I thought about these brothers yesterday. They've been talking about taking up arms, if need be, for a while now. I tend to believe them. 

Klitschko was very big on trying to find a diplomatic answer during the Orange Revolution so I’m surprised to hear that from him. Of course bombs being dropped on your city might do that

9 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

i also haz a confuse.

thought they hated the rooskies (although, they also hate the Ukrainians)

Putin won the Second Chechen War by both brutally suppressing the hardcore Islamists and coopting the leaders of some of the OG Chechen clans while crushing their rivals.  He helped to install Ramzan Kadyrov who has been given extensive freedom to rule, lots of money, and weapons support in exchange for keeping the North Caucuses quiet. These Rosgvardia troops from Chechnya are kind of like Kadyrov’s palace guard but are legally subordinate to the Russian president. 

Putin likes to deploy them early, as mentioned, because of the psychological impact of having Chechens in the field. This whole plot, by the way, could have been written by Lermontov. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 7

Seeing the Russian soldiers posts on social media and hearing about some of the hiccups they’ve had during the invasion is eye-opening for me. I always pictured the Russian military as some ultra-disciplined elite fighting force. I’m sure many are but it looks like a lot of them are just yokels fucking around & in over their heads.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

Help has arrived. Jesus. Sean Penn is on the ground! Gawd! 

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-penn-ukraine-film-documentary-russian-invasion-1682336?amp=1

Sean Penn has arrived in Kyiv to "tell the world the truth about Russia's invasion" of Ukraine.

Tell him El Chapo is about 6000 miles away in the other direction. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nicole44 said:

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-penn-ukraine-film-documentary-russian-invasion-1682336?amp=1

Sean Penn has arrived in Kyiv to "tell the world the truth about Russia's invasion" of Ukraine.

They better protect him!  If America loses Sean Penn.....I mean, I don't know what we'll do.  But we should have expected this.  After all.....

Jeff-Spicoli-quotes.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Putin won the Second Chechen War by both brutally suppressing the hardcore Islamists and coopting the leaders of some of the OG Chechen clans while cruising their rivals.  He helped to install Ramzan Kadyrov who has been given extensive freedom to rule, lots of money, and weapons support in exchange for keeping the North Caucuses quiet. These Rosgvardia troops from Chechnya are kind of like Kadyrov’s palace guard but are legally subordinate to the Russian president. 

Putin likes to deploy them early, as mentioned, because of the psychological impact of having Chechens in the field. This whole plot, by the way, could have been written by Lermontov. 

I’m sure it’s effective.  I’d probably only put the Gurkhas ahead of them as just absolute pound for pound bad asses. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Helobious said:

Seeing the Russian soldiers posts on social media and hearing about some of the hiccups they’ve had during the invasion is eye-opening for me. I always pictured the Russian military as some ultra-disciplined elite fighting force. I’m sure many are but it looks like a lot of them are just yokels fucking around & in over their heads.

Wait until the vodka kicks in. 

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Anyone having the balls to put themselves in an active warzone to film it for the world isn't going to get criticized by me. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

They're still Russians man

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

The US did not stage a coup in Ukraine

This is a good article written in 2018 by former Princeton Professor Emeritus of Russian and Slavic Studies that might convince you that we were definitely involved. Also ties in some how we got here, why now and Biden v Putin background:

https://www.thenation.com/article/archive/four-years-of-ukraine-and-the-myths-of-maidan/

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Zinky Boys wasn't a term that came about from being competent and disciplined.

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Anyone having the balls to put themselves in an active warzone to film it for the world isn't going to get criticized by me. 

That dude's got 9 lives. He went to interview El Chapo and walked away with his head still attached and now this. Like him or not but you can't question his commitment to carrying through on whatever it is he believes doing this stuff accomplishes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Helobious said:

It's because you always hear about their top tier units.  Those guys are incredible.  They are well equipped well trained and can go toe to toe with anybody.  As you start getting less specialized you get weaker and weaker.  Training takes money.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Like I keep saying, it's not the size of the army, it's the quality and training.  Their elite units are top notch, but the "army" have never been that apt in recent times when not in dire defense of their own lands.  The documentaries on this from Afghanistan are telling.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

That dude's got 9 lives. He went to interview El Chapo and walked away with his head still attached and now this. Like him or not but you can't question his commitment to carrying through on whatever it is he believes doing this stuff accomplishes. 

Once he survived the armed robbery at the Mi-T-Mart Penn pretty much knew he was coated in teflon. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй