Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

58 minutes ago, troph said:

folks, i'm just really distraught right now. Russia has a "use nukes" policy against the US and the US just said fuck with a NATO country and we are coming for your ass.  this is really, really bad. and that's on top of best case - a ton of people die in the coming weeks and this is contained in Ukraine.  I don't actually think he should be assassinated, I do wish he was gone though, that's for sure. really just want to hug my kids right now tbqh.

Well yeah. That's literally the whole fucking point of NATO

7 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Seeing the Russian soldiers posts on social media and hearing about some of the hiccups they’ve had during the invasion is eye-opening for me. I always pictured the Russian military as some ultra-disciplined elite fighting force. I’m sure many are but it looks like a lot of them are just yokels fucking around & in over their heads.

Officer #1: [repeating through megaphone] The one with the rifle shoots! 

Officer #2: [handing out rifles] One out of two gets rifle. 

Officer #1: The one without, follows him! When the one with the rifle gets killed, the one who is following picks up the rifle and shoots!

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Help has arrived. Jesus. Sean Penn is on the ground! Gawd! 

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-penn-ukraine-film-documentary-russian-invasion-1682336?amp=1

Sean Penn has arrived in Kyiv to "tell the world the truth about Russia's invasion" of Ukraine.

He probably would have arrived earlier but there was a full crowd scene at the food lines.

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Help has arrived. Jesus. Sean Penn is on the ground! Gawd! 

https://www.newsweek.com/sean-penn-ukraine-film-documentary-russian-invasion-1682336?amp=1

Sean Penn has arrived in Kyiv to "tell the world the truth about Russia's invasion" of Ukraine.

Bullshit. Penn died in Iraq. I seen it on TV 

CDC4DDF8-EB4E-488D-9A0A-72AEAB79384E.jpeg

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, FartingMonk said:

It's because you always hear about their top tier units.  Those guys are incredible.  They are well equipped well trained and can go toe to toe with anybody.  As you start getting less specialized you get weaker and weaker.  Training takes money.  

hopefully leads to more Ukrainian victories in the field.

10 minutes ago, BabaYaga said:

Like I keep saying, it's not the size of the army, it's the quality and training.  Their elite units are top notch, but the "army" have never been that apt in recent times when not in dire defense of their own lands.  The documentaries on this from Afghanistan are telling.  

same.

7 minutes ago, StruggleBus said:

Well yeah. That's literally the whole fucking point of NATO

and to think, some people don't think the US will fight back in that scenario.

• Fuck You 1

21 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Seeing the Russian soldiers posts on social media and hearing about some of the hiccups they’ve had during the invasion is eye-opening for me. I always pictured the Russian military as some ultra-disciplined elite fighting force. I’m sure many are but it looks like a lot of them are just yokels fucking around & in over their heads.

About a third of their army is conscripts on a one year hitch and there’s barely an NCO culture. Hazing is brutal and random, this ain’t fucking 300 it’s intoxicated village teenagers brutalizing other intoxicated villagers in the barracks to no purpose. They’ve been camping in the snow in Belarus without good food. 

No shit, Ukraine’s army is at this point probably soldier for soldier more serious and effective than the Russians, if outgunned. Maybe 30k Russian spetznatz troops fit your conception. 

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

About a third of their army is conscripts on a one year hitch and there’s barely an NCO culture. Hazing is brutal and random, this ain’t fucking 300 it’s intoxicated village teenagers brutalizing other intoxicated villagers in the barracks to no purpose. They’ve been camping in the snow in Belarus without good food. 

No shit, Ukraine’s army is at this point probably soldier for soldier more serious and effective than the Russians, if outgunned. Maybe 30k Russian spetznatz troops fit your conception. 

love your posts thank you.

• Hook 'Em 1

48 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

Anyone else grew up conditioned to think nuclear warfare = ensured mutual destruction and practically off the table?  I thought it just became a political football but with a 0.00001% probability ever actually being deployed again

Yeah, I mean- terrorism sucks and all but it was never going to be any more than an irritation here- never an existential threat.   Fall of the USSR and time kind of made it seem like the ability/desire to destroy the entire world was gone for good.  Really it was just hiding.  

I'm not worried or anything like that. I don't think it's got a high likelihood of happening.  But it would be strange not to think about it at a time like this- while nobody really thought about it for the past 2 decades beyond the concern that there might be some sort of suitcase nuke or dirty bomb which does some damage to a city. But thermonuclear weapons launched from an ballistic missle?  Good times man, good times.  Now the millenials and zoomers will get a touch of growing up boomer or X'er.  Glad they can experience this now.  Welcome to the party Pal. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

This is why I don't particularly fear Putin grabbing all of the former Soviet States. His army is not WW2 era Germany with 4 million soldiers. As 956 described, it has a subset of highly trained/well-equipped soldiers and a lot of riff raff. Like if Riff Raff were actually Russian. 

image.png.210602f5f8f5792344dabf0924e8cc21.png

That's not to say he couldn't build up his military over the coming years, but that takes time and money. Him fucking with NATO while trying to hold Ukraine and have some defensive posture along China, etc... doesn't seem feasible any time soon. 

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй