Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

1 minute ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FIFA refused to make a snap decision on whether Russia will be allowed to host World Cup play-off matches in March but said it is "monitoring the situation". 

https://www.fotmob.com/news/vvjx4lwz6unxzq1vgnt92js8/fifa-sidesteps-decision-on-russia-hosting-2022-world-cup-qualifiers

Corruption runs deep...

The IOC may award Moscow with the Summer Olympics any day now.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Hopefully he’s right. I read a response, I think here, that stuck with me. These new Russians aren’t old soviets from the 50s…they’ve been modernized in basically everything in the western world has offered. They know putins an ego trip dictator and whatever he spews is Bullshit. They know dying isn’t worth it over fucking Ukraine, that threatens and offers nothing. These next few days are going to be so damn fascinating, in good and bad ways. Buckle up.
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

FIFA refused to make a snap decision on whether Russia will be allowed to host World Cup play-off matches in March but said it is "monitoring the situation". 

https://www.fotmob.com/news/vvjx4lwz6unxzq1vgnt92js8/fifa-sidesteps-decision-on-russia-hosting-2022-world-cup-qualifiers

Corruption runs deep...

IOC added on that they talked to both Peng Shuai and Ukraine via Zoom and both are doing just fine.  They just don’t want to be bothered and please ignore the Insta posts. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know that I love this idea. On one hand, all civilians absolutely have the right to defend themselves, their homes, their friends, and their country. But it seems pretty likely that this just leads to Russia shelling cities until they're nothing but rubble.

Like “Yamamoto said” about invading the US mainland…Behind every blade of grass 

49 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

Fuck Russia. This is heart wrenching. I would be happy to go to the pawn shop, buy a 7.62 and send it on over. 

I don't have any kids but i do have a niece and best friends little girl that i love more than anything in this world. I didn't come close to finishing that clip dry eyed. Fuck 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Corruption runs deep...

I mean the finals are in Qatar...so....

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Hopefully he’s right. I read a response, I think here, that stuck with me. These new Russians aren’t old soviets from the 50s…they’ve been modernized in basically everything in the western world has offered. They know putins an ego trip dictator and whatever he spews is Bullshit. They know dying isn’t worth it over fucking Ukraine, that threatens and offers nothing. These next few days are going to be so damn fascinating, in good and bad ways. Buckle up.

The real difference will be the Russian's ability (in theory) to coordinate attacks and movement at night with NVG's, etc.  This is a HUGE difference maker between modern and civilian combatants (see the last 20 years in the ME conflicts).  No matter the level of your conviction, you have to be able to see what you want to hit.  

13 minutes ago, Cheeseweasel said:

Corruption runs deep...

11 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

The IOC may award Moscow with the Summer Olympics any day now.

These.  

Expecting responsible, non-corrupt behavior from FIFA.....

lol-haha.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Hopefully it goes as well as Ethiopia went for Mussolini. 

tbh not a great comparison... Italy took a ton of losses, but Ethiopia was ultimately occupied and used as a staging area for the east Africa campaign. That's like, the opposite of a good outcome for Ukraine and the west.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Wesley Clark on CNN says they took Chernobyl just to have quicker access to Kyiv.  Kind of like moving through the forest around populated areas you want to avoid then get on the road and go as fast as you can. 

Yep

Kyiv is proper fooked

Exclusive: US Expects Kyiv to Fall in Days as Ukraine Source Warns of Encirclement

13 minutes ago, Captainant said:

tbh not a great comparison... Italy took a ton of losses, but Ethiopia was ultimately occupied and used as a staging area for the east Africa campaign. That's like, the opposite of a good outcome for Ukraine and the west.

But it mostly ended Mussolini in Italy... (until Hitler rescued him from prison)

ETA: it is a bad comparison overall but it is in line with the hubristic thinking of Putin that he can just roll over Ukraine without serious consequences/loses. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, USNALonghorn said:

Part of me thinks Russia hasn’t even begun its “real” invasion 

The first 24-48 hours are supposed to be psychological to wear out the will and resolve of your opponent so when the main force comes in it is a much easier fight and basically mop up and surrenders.  The Russians are giving the Ukrainians some hope.  That's scary.

• Hook 'Em 2

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй