Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Just want to thank everyone for a bad ass thread and all the insight and postings. @Shady Ray and @956 Worldwide please keep it up. 

956, agree with your analysis on the Russian army. Conscripts are walking sand bags in their doctrine. They don't have the professional army they portray. They may march pretty, but can they fight? Ya know, like aggy. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s been a lot of debate over whether Putin sent conscripts to fight or not. They legally aren’t supposed to be deployed abroad but….Russia.

Regardless, their regulars are better paid and ordinarily more professional but the training and discipline is still hit or miss. Ukrainians have been preparing for this and only this for eight years.  They’re not going to lay down. Russia also had plenty of issues like this in Georgia. 

Obligatory
2c059175d80159dd8cf0e00bbbfd750a.gif&f=1

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

@956 Worldwide I doubt that any conscripts are getting parachuted anywhere correct? I'm assuming they come in via land.

Conscripts still make up a portion of even spetznatz forces, not as much as the general army but maybe a quarter, a bit less? I’m also not near good enough to tell you which units are getting deployed where.

We talk about spetznatz like they are Russia’s Seals or Green Berets but they’re more like the Army Rangers. Russia has a true special operations command, but they aren’t the guys going in to take and hold terrain. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

I count 6 refueling planes up right now--NACHO131 & 223 and LAGER224, 223, 225, and 132.

That's obviously a whole lot of refueling capacity up.  It makes me wonder if NATO doesn't intend to impose a no-fly zone.

There are a bunch on armed jets flying CAPS to ensure shit doesn't extend.  

14 minutes ago, InkaUtexas said:

I have been a Chelsea FC fan since the 1980's. I might burn my fucking jersey tonight. reports that Abrahimoch, who owns the blues, has gone back to Russia. Fuck that Puto 

He got his yacht outta Barcelona the day before the invasion. They fucking knew. Fuck em

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 4

10 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't pretend to be an expert on the Russian military, but I don't think placing a high value on the lives of any individual soldiers has ever really been their thing. 

In WWII they sometimes sent soldiers in to battle against the Germans without rifles.  They were expected to pick one up from a dead comrade along the way.

Edited by kevwun

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

In WWII they sometimes sent soldiers in to battle against the Germans without rifles.  They were expected to pick one up from a dead comrade along the way.

Yeah did but also this ain't the Great Patriotic War and Putin ain't Stalin.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

There’s been a lot of debate over whether Putin sent conscripts to fight or not. They legally aren’t supposed to be deployed abroad but….Russia.

Regardless, their regulars are better paid and ordinarily more professional but the training and discipline is still hit or miss. Ukrainians have been preparing for this and only this for eight years.  They’re not going to lay down. Russia also had plenty of issues like this in Georgia. 

Russian soldiers from all across the country were deceived into heading to the Ukrainian border, and some were beaten if they resisted, according to the Committee of Soldiers’ Mothers, a Russian non-governmental organization that works to expose human rights violations within the military.

The group is reportedly preparing a complaint for the Chief Military Prosecutor’s Office alleging that their sons only recently joined the military as conscripts and were told they were going to the border with Ukraine for drills. But their statuses were then abruptly changed to contract soldiers— a role for those with more combat and training experience—and they were suddenly thrust into war.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/russia-used-beatings-and-tricks-to-forcibly-send-soldiers-to-ukraine-human-rights-group-says?ref=wrap

3 minutes ago, kevwun said:

They also positioned units behind their own soldiers to shoot anyone who attempted to retreat.

26 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't know that I love this idea. On one hand, all civilians absolutely have the right to defend themselves, their homes, their friends, and their country. But it seems pretty likely that this just leads to Russia shelling cities until they're nothing but rubble.

Die on your feet or live on your knees.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Wanna win this war, and cheap?

Send over drones dropping leaflets letting them know that any Russian soldier who lays down his arms and requests shall be entitled to permanent residency in either the EU or the US.

Cheapest military victory in world history, even if we have to prop 'em up with welfare checks and vodka rations for life, it'll be cheaper than 2 F-35s.

Ok we are now on the same page !! That would humiliate Putin if it worked.

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Send over drones dropping leaflets letting them know that any Russian soldier who lays down his arms and requests shall be entitled to permanent residency in either the EU or the US.

Cheapest military victory in world history, even if we have to prop 'em up with welfare checks and vodka rations for life, it'll be cheaper than 2 F-35s.

Our cities need more crazy racist Uber drivers during peak hours.

Edited by SimonBolivar
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

image-asset.gif

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

This fits with the idea that Putin thought Ukrainian soldiers would all just lay down their arms and surrender. 

A despotic autocrat, thinking they could kick the door in on the eastern European plains for an easy victory, only to get dragged into urban warfare.... Everything old is new again.

1 minute ago, troph said:

Ok we are now on the same page !! 

Oh.....I'm still on the "kill murderous dictator Putin's daughters and granddaughters" page.  Because he started this shit.....this is how it fucking ends.  I want him to live long enough to feel that anguish.  Then I want his own people to turn on him, and his body to be burned in a fucking underground bunker, evil piece of shit that he is.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

Our cities need more crazy racist Uber drivers in peak hours.

Now you're getting it.  We get to win a war AND be entertained?  Win-win.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Message Board User said:

Those numbers are surely shite, all the way around.

But there's no doubt that there's a material number of dead Russians.  And that fucking warms my heart.  I'm a child of the Cold War, and all of that training doesn't just go away.  Watching the soldiers of a murderous Russian regime turned into lumps of charred meat does my heart good.  Seeing evil suffer always will.  But they're just the warmup.  I'll be truly happy when Putin and some of his oligarch buddies feel actual pain, anguish, and terror.  I want to see video of oligarchs begging for their lives from armed captors.  And having their requests denied.

Sow the wind.   Reap the whirlwind.

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Some countries are putting visa bans in place for Russian citizens.  My alternate would be “we will give you a travel ID, residence, and safe passage if you agree to burn your Russian passport in front of us” to every Russian who asked. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 956 Worldwide said:

Some countries are putting visa bans in place for Russian citizens.  My alternate would be “we will give you a travel ID, residence, and safe passage if you agree to burn your Russian passport in front of us” to every Russian who asked. 

Not every Russian.  Just the soldiers.  Buy their surrender.  A good number have no reason to be loyal to a regime that sent them to die painful deaths for no good reason.

FIFA refused to make a snap decision on whether Russia will be allowed to host World Cup play-off matches in March but said it is "monitoring the situation". 

https://www.fotmob.com/news/vvjx4lwz6unxzq1vgnt92js8/fifa-sidesteps-decision-on-russia-hosting-2022-world-cup-qualifiers

Corruption runs deep...

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй