Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This is one of the bigger storylines here.  Nuclear non-proliferation is now dead.

We followed the script we recommend to all states: ditch/don't develop nukes, and in exchange, we'll provide your security.

And we just showed that our promise means jack shit.  If you are the Republic of Chickenshitistan, aren't you working overtime starting yesterday to get some nukes to provide some deterrent?  You'd be an idiot if you aren't.  The threat of a nuclear response is the only real security guarantee that exists, and if other folks won't provide it for you, you damned well better do it yourself.

There are 8 countries known to have Nukes plus Israel.     If I'm Taiwan, I'm doing what it takes to buy some nukes from India.  India is not part of any non-proliferation treaty, they don't like China, and they have a lot of needs. 

This is fine.  Hearing China getting even more aggressive today 

Taiwan reported on Sunday that 39 Chinese warplanes, including a bomber, were detected in the south-western Air Defense Identification Zone (ADIZ). The island's ADIZ is not the same as territorial airspace but instead is self-declared airspace that is monitored for national security purposes.

Edited by BabaYaga

2 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

There are 8 countries known to have Nukes plus Israel.     If I'm Taiwan, I'm doing what it takes to buy some nukes from India.  India is not part of any non-proliferation treaty, they don't like China, and they have a lot of needs. 

They're both BRICS countries

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 0xdeadbeef said:

Taiwan may or may not have nukes.  They were part of the pariah 3.  Not saying they have them.  But wouldn't be surprised if they did.

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
4 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:
…and Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, and our woefully underdeveloped neighbors in Central America…

Or we could get crazy and manufacture more here.

We can, but it could take years if not decades to replicate the production volumes in place there today

If Putin drops a nuke, would the west stop bullshitting about sanction carveouts and just shut them off completely? I mean, what's it going to take to stop being greedy assholes and actually try to resolve this situation?
The moment any deliverable capable of carrying a nuclear warhead is airborn or a satellite picks up the double flash, the whole world shuts down and we're in about a 30 minute window of knowing whether or not we have entered a full on nuclear war.

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

The moment any deliverable capable of carrying a nuclear warhead is airborn or a satellite picks up the double flash, the whole world shuts down and we're in about a 30 minute window of knowing whether or not we have entered a full on nuclear war.

That's what I fear most about all of this. The second we (humans) invented nuclear weapons we made our own demise inevitable. I just hope its not in my lifetime, or my kids, or grandkids, etc., but it'll come eventually.

14 minutes ago, 'stache said:

If Putin drops a nuke, would the west stop bullshitting about sanction carveouts and just shut them off completely? I mean, what's it going to take to stop being greedy assholes and actually try to resolve this situation?

That tweet about the carve out was from meetings BEFORE the invasion.  It has already been said that those carveouts are no longer a thing.  

Edited by PenelopeWitherspoon

folks, i'm just really distraught right now. Russia has a "use nukes" policy against the US and the US just said fuck with a NATO country and we are coming for your ass.  this is really, really bad. and that's on top of best case - a ton of people die in the coming weeks and this is contained in Ukraine.  I don't actually think he should be assassinated, I do wish he was gone though, that's for sure. really just want to hug my kids right now tbqh.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

Well, they did have nukes until 1994 until us and the West convinced them to get rid of them in exchange for a promise that we would always be there in case Russia ever did something like this...

With friends like us, who needs enemies?

This keeps getting repeated but it is inaccurate. Security assurances can mean a lot of things. In the Budapest Memorandum the security assurance basically meant "we will respect your sovereignty and will not attack you". That's a lot different than "we will defend you".

If you want a longer explanation of our "assurances" click here

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, troph said:

folks, i'm just really distraught right now. Russia has a "use nukes" policy against the US and the US just said fuck with a NATO country and we are coming for your ass.  this is really, really bad. and that's on top of best case - a ton of people die in the coming weeks and this is contained in Ukraine.  I don't actually think he should be assassinated, I do wish he was gone though, that's for sure. really just want to hug my kids right now tbqh.

If he’s assassinated, it would have to be from separatist within Russia. Putin has a really good hold on that.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:

Can you imagine being a Drill Sergeant, and having to hear a bunch of draftees tell you how they did it in Crossfit?

Not to worry, a  Drill Sergeant won't necessarily be seeking feedback from the draftees/ recruits.

I'd be more surprised if we have assassination capability on Putin right now than if Putin had assassination capability on Biden. I doubt either is a possibility. 

That said no way Putin wants Biden gone. A mad black woman on your ass because you ruined her day is way worse than an 80 year old white guy. 

• immamac changed the title to Русский корабль - иди нахуй