Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

11 minutes ago, Goredho said:

Strategically, I don't see how this is anything but a Russian loss if Putin's goal is to re-establish an iron curtain over eastern Europe.  Even if they take the Ukraine, at this point they are exposed as a sham.  The Russian military is staffed with keystone cops.  Putin is evil, but he's no genius and is completely detached from the reality of what his military's incapabilities are.  Russia can't afford one of these "victories", let alone multiple across eastern Europe.

I'm looking at it from the Ukrainian point of view. decimation is not victory.  the only victory is Russia running out of gas.  there is no chance Russia extends its borders another inch anytime soon starting with Ukraine, I agree.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Jesus on my source for the Urban Crap! I called Herman’s outst the night before Urban said no. I’m supposed to predict this shit? Putin is in Syria as I have said. He is hiding like a bitch.

no, he's not.  your predilection for getting shitfaced and scattershooting in popular, fast moving threads on this site like clockwork is amusing to a lot here so do your thing...but vladimir vladimiroivich putin is not currently in syria.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

I'm sure it's been covered in this 262-page thread, but why did Vlad wait until late February to do this? Europe would have been a lot more nervous about their gas supply being fucked with if this was, say, October-ish.

Xi_Jinping_2019.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tokamak said:

I'm sure it's been covered in this 262-page thread, but why did Vlad wait until late February to do this? Europe would have been a lot more nervous about their gas supply being fucked with if this was, say, October-ish.

He thought he'd win in 3 days no matter when he went. He wanted to wait until after the Olympics - probably because China told him to. 

22 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, a sidenote of interest from our house.  My daughter is back in town for a week with her two roommates, who are french.  At the same time, two friends of hers from Norway are in town visiting.  So, they all got together at our house to have drinks and visit.  We let them have the living room, we went to our room, but could hear their conversation.

At one point, all of them were talking about how much they enjoy cross-country skiing.....and how their minds naturally go from there to shooting Russians.  5 girls, early 20s, three  nationalities, and their conversation casually went to shooting russians, and how it just seems to be a skill you should know.

Of course, 5 minutes later, they were all telling stories about how fucked up they get on edibles, so.....back to normal stuff.

This is all unsubstantiated without hi-def video.

4 minutes ago, tokamak said:

Lots of speculation about China, Olympics, hubris about the speed of capitulation, etc....but it's just that:  speculation.  

1 hour ago, GabrielsHorn said:

Ok, speaking as just a person who’s lived in and around the military, I gotta say that sucks for those Russians. I mean, fuck Russia but those are just people trying to do their duty and to be left out to dry like that is just shitty. It’s like the country you’re prepared to give you’re life for doesn’t really give a shit about you. The attitude seems like “so that unit is all dead? Great! They’ve softened them up for the second unit! Charge!”

part of the justification of spending crazy money on having a modern military is so that casualties on both sides can be (hypothetically) reduced so that even forceful transfer of power doesn’t necessarily have to wipe out entire cultures. 

This is just a bitch losing at a game of Civilization 

Edited by Doc Reeves
  • Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, Zonahorn said:

544.png

That looks like an abandoned T-14. Holy shit

Those are nasty.  At least it wasn't a T-500.  Those were the The first true Terminator's that  featured an armored battle chassis that made it more durable than the previous T-400.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Just now, Doc Reeves said:

Ok, speaking as just a person who’s lived in and around the military, I gotta say that sucks for those Russians. I mean, fuck Russia but those are just people trying to do their duty and to be left out to dry like that is just shitty. It’s like the country you’re prepared to give you’re life for jaunt downtown really give a shit about you. The attitude seems like “so that unit is all dead? Great! They’ve softened them up for the second unit! Charge!”

Historically, Ruskie leaders give zero fucks about their soldier's lives. They are pawns in game of life.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, tokamak said:

that's the trillion dollar question - this seems like a uniquely poorly planned and executed invasion, geopolitically and militarily

8 minutes ago, NorthLoop said:

He thought he'd win in 3 days no matter when he went. He wanted to wait until after the Olympics - probably because China told him to. 

I thought for sure that China was going to go for Taiwan during the Olympics when they had hostages... uh, visitors, from all of their enemies conveniently located.

2 minutes ago, GabrielsHorn said:

This is such effective PR/propaganda. 

IT's tactically brilliant, because it's emotionally brilliant.  "lay down your arms and we'll take you into our homes. Feed you.  Let you call mama and tell her you're ok.   Keep firing at us and we're going to tell you to go fuck your mother and feed you to the worms"    

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, sidis said:

no, he's not.  your predilection for getting shitfaced and scattershooting in popular, fast moving threads on this site like clockwork is amusing to a lot here so do your thing...but vladimir vladimiroivich putin is not currently in syria.

She's not necessarily wrong as I've been told Syria is the name of Putin's favorite personal sheep. 

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Legitimate Putin Discourse.  

Idolatry of human beings never, ever ends well.  There are no people on the right side of history who sided with narcissists.  They all fall.  And they all fall badly. 

That’s ridiculous. I’d say the exact opposite. Since bipedals started forming tribes and propagating throughout the earth, a preponderance of leaders who successfully ensured the survival of the next generation were narcissists and psychopaths. It’s the reason the traits are so common in our gene pool. They’re certainly not there because they make great followers. 

10% of Homo sapiens have DNA linking them to Ghengis Khan. You telling me he wasn’t a psychopath and narcissist? And that’s just one. Julius Caesar. Alexander the Great. The Pharaohs of Egypt. Qin Shi Huang. The Maori. The Aztecs.

Churchill is a genocidal maniac to the India.  

You’re living in lala land. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, BamaATL said:

No Fuddruckers, always a bridesmaid, always....

maybe you know this, maybe you dont.... but Fuddruckers is basically a dead brand, the company that owned them and Lubys went tits up, and is selling off all their assets. 

Only 1 Fudds left open in Austin and its a hybrid Lubys in S Austin.

1 minute ago, Trey3216 said:

IT's tactically brilliant, because it's emotionally brilliant.  "lay down your arms and we'll take you into our homes. Feed you.  Let you call mama and tell her you're ok.   Keep firing at us and we're going to tell you to go fuck your mother and feed you to the worms"    

don't forget the witch of kharkiv that makes their dicks go limp or the grandma who gave the dude sunflower seeds so his dead body would at least sprout something useful.

41 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Also, a sidenote of interest from our house.  My daughter is back in town for a week with her two roommates, who are french.  At the same time, two friends of hers from Norway are in town visiting.  So, they all got together at our house to have drinks and visit.  We let them have the living room, we went to our room, but could hear their conversation.

At one point, all of them were talking about how much they enjoy cross-country skiing.....and how their minds naturally go from there to shooting Russians.  5 girls, early 20s, three  nationalities, and their conversation casually went to shooting russians, and how it just seems to be a skill you should know.

Of course, 5 minutes later, they were all telling stories about how fucked up they get on edibles, so.....back to normal stuff.

Man, Penthouse Forum has really gone to shit. Decent premise, but completely flaccid thereafter. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, sidis said:

don't forget the witch of kharkiv that makes their dicks go limp or the grandma who gave the dude sunflower seeds so his dead body would at least sprout something useful.

The Witches of Kharkiv  can be added to the badass band name list.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

10% of Homo sapiens have DNA linking them to Ghengis Khan.

while your post has some merit to it, its exaggerated by 10 FUCKING TIMES THE REAL NUMBER

000bdf2f3baeb7060c1f100f85894c15f46883b0

EDIT:  just in case everyone thinks I cant math.  1 in 200 men kinda means 2 in 200 humans  i.e. 1%

Edited by AUS-97HORN

5 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

maybe you know this, maybe you dont.... but Fuddruckers is basically a dead brand, the company that owned them and Lubys went tits up, and is selling off all their assets. 

that's the joke

5 minutes ago, SL Xpress said:

That’s ridiculous. I’d say the exact opposite. Since bipedals started forming tribes and propagating throughout the earth, a preponderance of leaders who successfully ensured the survival of the next generation were narcissists and psychopaths. It’s the reason the traits are so common in our gene pool. They’re certainly not there because they make great followers. 

10% of Homo sapiens have DNA linking them to Ghengis Khan. You telling me he wasn’t a psychopath and narcissist? And that’s just one. Julius Caesar. Alexander the Great. The Pharaohs of Egypt. Qin Shi Huang. The Maori. The Aztecs.

Churchill is a genocidal maniac to the India.  

You’re living in lala land. 

"they all fall".  The followers, if you look at my sentence again.  The leaders do pretty well for the most part.  

And for those that don't fall, they'll die off soon enough.  Those that persist can be put on trains.

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

Historically, Ruskie leaders give zero fucks about their soldier's lives. They are pawns in game of life.

Very true but that was supposed to be left behind. The “New Russia” was supposed to be modern, efficient and equal to the west. That’s been part of the bullshit line that has been fed to Russians for a while and why Putins popularity has survived and flourish. There was an Emergence of a healthy middle class, healthcare was starting to reach lots of places and overall Russians seem to enjoy a fair bit of prosperity in the past 15 years.

It seems that was just smoke and mirrors.

17 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Ok, speaking as just a person who’s lived in and around the military, I gotta say that sucks for those Russians. I mean, fuck Russia but those are just people trying to do their duty and to be left out to dry like that is just shitty. It’s like the country you’re prepared to give you’re life for doesn’t really give a shit about you. The attitude seems like “so that unit is all dead? Great! They’ve softened them up for the second unit! Charge!”

part of the justification of spending crazy money on having a modern military is so that casualties on both sides can be (hypothetically) reduced so that even forceful transfer of power doesn’t necessarily have to wipe out entire cultures. 

This is just a bitch losing at a game of Civilization 

The only country making that justification is the United States. To me you’re making an implied generalization. 

Other countries either aren’t spending crazy money, or if they are, it’s not so they can reduce casualties on both sides. There’s also not a concern about wiping out whole cultures. China is trying to wipe out two that I know of for sure, as we type. Indoctrination camps. Setting up alternate religious figures. You name it. 

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Jesus on my source for the Urban Crap! I called Herman’s outst the night before Urban said no. I’m supposed to predict this shit? Putin is in Syria as I have said. He is hiding like a bitch.

Nicolestrodamus

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

Sad America GIF

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Meanwhile in Austin, a forecast of temps in the mid 20's for a few days will decimate inventory at every HEB within a 10 mile radius

No shit. These people are truly selfless and living for each other. Our biggest weakness is US is full of millions of the most selfish assholes on the planet and 2 hours after there was even a single mention if being invaded every store from San Diego to Portland, Maine would be cleaned out. 

Hell I went to Sam's on Monday to get my usual 4 packs of bottled water and they were completely wiped out. Just because one country invaded another half the world away.