Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

5 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

we nuke the shithole?

Macgyver Cbs GIF by CBS

...because nuking Mecca and Medina will absolutely endear us to 25% of the world's population and not cause any more issues anywhere, ever for anyone.

you want to see the end of the world? because that's how you get the end of the world.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

This is exactly why I think now is the time for us to enforce a No-Fly Zone. I say let's do it, I've come around now these past couple of days. People don't want to because they don't want to antagonize Putin, but I'm like right now he is proven to be weak. He's already antagonizing the west and killing civilians. It's like if not now, then when? What will it take? Are you going to let thousands of innocent Ukrainians die, then let him set up a puppet government that is antagonistic to the West? It'll be much smarter to go in, save the Ukrainians and dare him to attack your planes. He then has a choice, either capitulate and get ground down on the ground by Ukrainians, or poke the bear and get his weak disorganized and low morale army kicked while they're down. We just keep tiptoeing around him, trying to appease him, and he's proven that is exactly what he wants, it's maddening. You can't appease bullies. He'll just keep going. The best time to kick somebody is when they're already down on the ground. This also has the added benefit of us saving more lives now, and affording the civilians clear skies to get out.

Pot odds says you don't even consider it. We have all heard in the recent past "for the greater good". There is no way you risk extinction of human kind for thousands of Ukrainians. I'm sorry, it is a terrible thing but you can't risk it. If you gamble and win, you free Ukraine saving tens of thousands. If you gamble and lose, the planet could become inhabitable and human life goes extinct.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Also that russian flight is going to Slovakia I guess?

image.thumb.png.716f75429790160d380d0c1ee0cc2596.png

https://www.flightradar24.com/VDA5968/2b026e38

yea, very interesting flight. Poland banned Russian flights from it's airspace. So...what is this flight and who's on it? Oligarchs wanting to assure their wealth for Putin overthrow? Just joking. A motherfucker can pray, can't he?

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

Macgyver Cbs GIF by CBS

...because nuking Mecca and Medina will absolutely endear us to 25% of the world's population and not cause any more issues anywhere, ever for anyone.

you want to see the end of the world? because that's how you get the end of the world.

checks thread....we are kinda already almost here.

1 minute ago, SimonBolivar said:

This may be a good reason that Ukraine still has something of an air presence. Their AA is sitting there empty.

Here's my question....if it was there to be captured, why torch it?  Ukraine uses the same weapons systems, so they can use these.  They should.  But then, maybe they don't have the manpower to do so?  I dunno.  I just think that if Ukraine has 100 AA systems, it would be even better if they had 120 AA systems.

• Hook 'Em 1

58 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

FUCK SA.

we should've nuked their asses after 9/11. every US president has been too cozy with that piece of shit royal family. time to fuck some shit up there.

I think this entire episode shows that it is increasingly untenable for us to demand that countries like Iran not arm themselves with nuclear weapons.  That's particularly the case when their primary enemy is nuclear-armed.

At this point, we ought to consider normalizing relations with Iran, doing our best to limit its nuclear program, getting all of that sweet, sweet Iranian oil back into the global marketplace, and realigning our position in the Gulf away from Arab interests.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

This is exactly why I think now is the time for us to enforce a No-Fly Zone. I say let's do it, I've come around now these past couple of days. People don't want to because they don't want to antagonize Putin, but I'm like right now he is proven to be weak. He's already antagonizing the west and killing civilians. It's like if not now, then when? What will it take? Are you going to let thousands of innocent Ukrainians die, then let him set up a puppet government that is antagonistic to the West? It'll be much smarter to go in, save the Ukrainians and dare him to attack your planes. He then has a choice, either capitulate and get ground down on the ground by Ukrainians, or poke the bear and get his weak disorganized and low morale army kicked while they're down. We just keep tiptoeing around him, trying to appease him, and he's proven that is exactly what he wants, it's maddening. You can't appease bullies. He'll just keep going. The best time to kick somebody is when they're already down on the ground. This also has the added benefit of us saving more lives now, and affording the civilians clear skies to get out.

I think its not just the risk of escalation and nukes, I think its also that the optics are better for just about everyone on the planet if Ukraine wins on its own

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Here's my question....if it was there to be captured, why torch it?  Ukraine uses the same weapons systems, so they can use these.  They should.  But then, maybe they don't have the manpower to do so?  I dunno.  I just think that if Ukraine has 100 AA systems, it would be even better if they had 120 AA systems.

Torching it makes a better TikTok video.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

It's as if you don't understand what a nuke is.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

AA is going to be behind the front lines so I'm sure the people that found it had no way of getting it back to Ukrainian held territory. One blue checkmark dude on twitter was claiming that is $64M worth of equipment in that video.

• Like 1
  • Drool 1

3 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

AA is going to be behind the front lines so I'm sure the people that found it had no way of getting it back to Ukrainian held territory. One blue checkmark dude on twitter was claiming that is $64M worth of equipment in that video.

Tax free, though.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

btw, i love the plane ID. while every other plane's ID is a mix of alphanumeric characters, this motherfucker is Viper51, as to allude that there are 50 other badass fuckers.
no fuck given.
Call signs in the AF are like that, they change during "operations" but I wouldn't get to wrapped up in the number. That's an Aviono tail and they fly block 40 F-16s and currently have 48 +/- tails.

For example some C-17s in the NW have a call sign of moose 18 then, could be the 18 departure of that day. Lot of variables in play....the more you know.
  • Hook 'Em 4

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Guessing they use what they can, assuming it is operational.  Those that are not, they destroy so Russia can't pull them off the battlefield, repair them, and send them back into action to be used against them

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Not enough specialized people who can operate it effectively while also being close enough to get there. Also, what’s the fuel situation and how close is the enemy front? 

Standard procedure is if you can’t directly use stuff immediately, fuck it up.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, The Dog said:

He says that NATO won't counterattack if Russia invades a NATO member. That is not true.

He's also ignoring the "soft power" the west is exercising over Russia right now. 

It's a pretty narrow view of the conflict and not quite in line with what is actually occurring. 

Agreed.  Kasparov often has good takes.  This is not one of them.  In fact, it's much more emotional than he usually is, and it looks to cloud his judgment here.

People are going to die.  A lot of them.  It's a war.  The nature of the opponent matters when it comes to the counter-measures you can take.  I do not favor total war with Russia, and that's precisely what Kasparov is advocating.  We need to play this to cause Russia pain, and do all we can to force regime change.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Bro, do you even TikTok ???

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

He says that NATO won't counterattack if Russia invades a NATO member. That is not true.

He's also ignoring the "soft power" the west is exercising over Russia right now. 

It's a pretty narrow view of the conflict and not quite in line with what is actually occurring. 

Id be curious US numbers currently in Europe. How fast can the 101st jump in if needed ?

Just now, tx 3 putt said:

Id be curious US numbers currently in Europe. How fast can the 101st jump in if needed ?

Roughly 25k ready fighting unit.  We have what we call 24 anywhere.  Where we can deploy 10k in under 24 hours plus the Poles are geared up itching to fight

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

there's a question if those Polish Migs have or have not been delivered. some speculation is some have and more are coming. we know Turkey is sending more drones. again question is how many have been received and how many more are coming.

if the UA airforce can start regularly start flying sorties against the convoy, it will change everything.

This gets to;

-Is the convoy actually the mother of all trojan horses? It's been there for nearly two days without being attacked.

-Out of fuel?

-Parking supplies out in the countryside until the troops that were supposed to be there are actually there?

-Some commander firing up the Benny Hill sound track trying to get his troops to the option of surrender? Likely a death sentence for him.

- plain old hubris combined with a side of incompetence?