Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Too many to quote, but he’s on a another twitter tear this morning, trying to convince farmers they will come out on top in his trade war.  

So when they go to pull the lever for Trump next year, do the tears of joy at voting against libtards cancel out the tears over losing the family farm?

I hear way more people saying it is worth it than saying they regret it.  I expect 2020 to look a lot like 2016, with the difference being turnout.

1 hour ago, WhatTheBuck said:

And you can bet that he has no plan for what would happen afterward if he ever achieved his dream of regime change in Iran. He might try to install Ahmed Chalabi as Shah. 

Trump is pushing for Dinesh D'Souza to replace the Khamenei as Supreme Leader. Perfect skin tone and strange sounding name for the job. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Just....perfect.

To repeat: we're about to get into a shooting war that pretty much nobody but Trump and his band of sycophants want (and by the way, I want you to watch the folks who touted one of Trump's great attributes as being a dove compared to warmonger Hillary -- they are going to be all-in on "Operation Kill Some Ragheads III: This Time, He's ORANGE!").  We're going to do so with a much larger country with a generally unified population when it comes to what matters (they don't want us fucking with their business).  Everything about that war is going to be to the advantage of a country that SHOULDN'T be a regional rival, but we're enabling them as one -- Russia.  And we're going to spend a fortune doing it, which is even smarter after a brilliant tax cut that has reduced revenues significantly from where they should be.

This is so fucking stupid.

But hey, load up on that Lockheed stock.

Also using a military that is flat worn out from the two other wars we fought/are still fighting.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Pshaw.  One can always find more meat to put in the grinder.

Except for that little problem that by most estimates only 29% of Americans age 17-24 are actually eligible for service.  Here's a slightly different breakdown:

BG3282 Chart 1

19 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Actually, not impeaching the president at the moment is a reflection of our representative democracy working.

That is, if you believe the polls.

As is, unfortunately, Mitch McConnell being a spineless worm.

That said, the will of the people was not meant to be the end-all be-all, because we figured that out early on, that the people can be swindled. This is we demanded the Bill of Rights be added to the Constitution. All of the things in there are things that will find themselves to be unpopular at one time or another or for one group or another.

For example, anybody who ever used the phrase "abusing your Right to freedom of speech" missed the point. The whole point of Freedom of Speech is to ensure that unpopular opinions can't be silenced, because just often enough, the unpopular opinion turned out to be the correct one. (This does not mean that your unpopular opinion is correct, by the way.)

The Second Amendment goes without saying. We see that happening right now. Private arms ownership is as unpopular as it ever has been. But we see in Venezuela a clear example of why civilians need to be able to arm themselves.

Religion: The majority will always want one religion or another made illegal. Illegal searches and seizures -- we still deal with this after 9/11 and the "War on Drugs." No self-incrimination. And so on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

Except for that little problem that by most estimates only 29% of Americans age 17-24 are actually eligible for service.  Here's a slightly different breakdown:

BG3282 Chart 1

So, it seems like health problems would be, overwhelmingly, due to obesity.  And I don't think being out of shape would necessarily 4F one from military service.  Isn't that what basic training is for?

3 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

So, it seems like health problems would be, overwhelmingly, due to obesity.  And I don't think being out of shape would necessarily 4F one from military service.  Isn't that what basic training is for?

I don't know the answers to your question.  It wouldn't shock me if "health problems" also cover mental health -- ADHD, depression, anxiety, and maybe medications for those conditions.  Maybe one has to be off the meds for a certain period of time before being qualified for duty.

2 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I don't know the answers to your question.  It wouldn't shock me if "health problems" also cover mental health -- ADHD, depression, anxiety, and maybe medications for those conditions.  Maybe one has to be off the meds for a certain period of time before being qualified for duty.

Makes sense.  I didn't think about mental/emotional issues. 

20 minutes ago, Continental Op said:
25 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Bone spurs?

It's a national emergency, I tell ya.

If you think that being fat and taking Adderall is going to keep someone out of service if we ramp up things in Iran you're crazy. 

Promoted as a response to President Lyndon B. Johnson's War on Poverty by giving training and opportunity to the uneducated and poor, the recruited men were classified as New Standards Men (or, pejoratively, as the "Moron Corps"[4]). They had scored in Category IV of the Armed Forces Qualification Test, which placed them in the 10-30 percentile range.[5] The number of soldiers reportedly recruited through the program varies, from more than 320,000[5] to 354,000, which included both voluntary enlistees and draftees (54% and 46%, respectively).[1] Entrance requirements were loosened, but all the Project 100,000 men were sent through normal training programs with other recruits, and performance standards thus were the same for everyone.[6]

Project 100,000 soldiers included those unable to speak English, who had low mental aptitude, minor physical impairments and those who were slightly over- or underweight. They also included a special category made up of a control group of "normal" soldiers. Each of the different categories was identified in their official personnel records by a large red letter stamped on the first page of their enlistment contract. Human resources offices had to prepare reports on them, to be submitted monthly to the Department of the Army. The monthly reports did not disclose the identity of the soldiers.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Project_100,000

1 hour ago, RomaVicta said:

We have healthcare that's the "envy" of the world, and we're too fat, too sad, or too medicated to qualify for military service.

What's wrong with this picture?

You answered your own question. We're limping into strip mall dialysis centers. We're mumbling into the Walgreens. to get our anti-depressants. Deciding which diet we can move onto. How is science going to counter the intolerable cruelty I dump on  my body ?

Edited by Nolacycling

3 minutes ago, Nolacycling said:

You answered your own question. We're limping into strip mall dialysis centers. We're mumbling into the Walgreens. to get our anti-depressants. Deciding which diet we can move onto. How is science going to counter the intolerable cruelty I dump on  my body ?

and yet we still think we can outlast motherfuckers who live in caves and eat spoiled goat meat for a cause.

technology can only take one so far...

1 hour ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Back in the early 90s when I went through basic, they had what we called the “fat platoon” for the guys who were out of shape/fat.   They had a certain amount of time to get their shit together before being booted out.  I’d assume such things still exist.  

Edit: You had to lose weight or whatever, to meet the minimum standards with a certain time, and then you would be placed into a regular basic training unit.  We would see those guys out doing various stuff everyday - being walked/marched around a lot, having to mow with manual  push mowers, etc.  

Edited by atomheartbevo

5 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

To repeat: we're about to get into a shooting war that pretty much nobody but Trump and his band of sycophants want (and by the way, I want you to watch the folks who touted one of Trump's great attributes as being a dove compared to warmonger Hillary -- they are going to be all-in on "Operation Kill Some Ragheads III: This Time, He's ORANGE!").  We're going to do so with a much larger country with a generally unified population when it comes to what matters (they don't want us fucking with their business).  Everything about that war is going to be to the advantage of a country that SHOULDN'T be a regional rival, but we're enabling them as one -- Russia.  And we're going to spend a fortune doing it, which is even smarter after a brilliant tax cut that has reduced revenues significantly from where they should be.

Unlike the Iraqis, they won’t be a completely wrecked country either, and they have much newer/better weapons, and a lot of practice and experience.   Hell, we could see American aircraft being shot down and American ships being sunk.  

And we sure as hell won’t have the British, Poles, and Aussies backing us.  

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Unlike the Iraqis, they won’t be a completely wrecked country either, and they have much newer/better weapons, and a lot of practice and experience.   Hell, we could see American aircraft being shot down and American ships being sunk.  

Trump will do a deal and get those guys not only to join us but pay for it, too!

3 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

All of these as well.  We will be going this one alone.  And they WILL shoot down some of our planes, and they'll sell their souls to sink a US ship.  I'm betting they'll get one.  Maybe two.  The cover of every newspaper and website in the world will be the USS Something Important on fire and slipping beneath the waves.

This war is like this layer cake, except it's layers of stupidity: 

24-Layers-Chocolate-Cake-1a.jpg

And we're gonna have the eat the whole thing.  By ourselves.

10 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Probably with weapons that came from US arms manufacturers. 

3 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

People that vote for dems want free shit, right?

If he's referring to that rusty scary I-10 bridge in Lake Charles, that thing should've been replaced in the first infrastructure week.

9 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

I mean...what. the. actual. fuck. 

Constant chaos. It sustains him and he cannot fathom a reality that is not like the one he has created. Dotard loves making threats and angering people. If he did not have the ability to inflict constant disruption upon millions of people I think the fat fuck might keel over and die from boredom. He loves attention and he doesn't care whether it is positive or negative.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

Back in the early 90s when I went through basic, they had what we called the “fat platoon” for the guys who were out of shape/fat.   They had a certain amount of time to get their shit together before being booted out.  I’d assume such things still exist.  

Edit: You had to lose weight or whatever, to meet the minimum standards with a certain time, and then you would be placed into a regular basic training unit.  We would see those guys out doing various stuff everyday - being walked/marched around a lot, having to mow with manual  push mowers, etc.  

That was X-Ray Company when I went through boot. Fat guys and fuck-ups. Basically a platoon of Pvt. Pyles that did nothing but PT all day. I think they had 6 weeks to meet or get booted out. 

3 hours ago, Lurch said:

From that article:

– Thanks to Trump, conservatives have lost the moral high ground on virtually every possible issue of character in the public debate. Other than murder, it is impossible to conceive of what those who supported Trump through all of this could legitimately claim is a disqualifier to hold high federal office in the future.

The GOP will claim anything they want as a disqualifier and 40% of the country will wave away Trump's indiscretions and eat it up.  It's like this guy hasn't been paying one damn bit of attention.  

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Continental Op said:

From that article:

The GOP will claim anything they want as a disqualifier and 40% of the country will wave away Trump's indiscretions and eat it up.  It's like this guy hasn't been paying one damn bit of attention.  

You mean the same people that actually ignore the Bible while touting the US is a Christian nation that favors guns, splits families and jails children?  If you can't find the connection between god and whatever they tout then you're sane.  

The same group uses render to Cesar what is Cesar's and then Cesar calls for Christ to be crucified which Jesus peacefully obliges because as he instructs, the reward for afflictions/tests in this life are salvation and the Kingdom of Heaven (also of note, Matthew:  if someone strikes you on one cheek, turn to him the other also. And if someone takes your cloak, do not withhold your tunic as well. 30  Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what is yours, do not demand it back. 31 Do to others as you would have them do to you).   But at no point do any of the disciples take up arms or build walls because, well, still other teachings like love thy neighbor and the meek shall inherit the earth.

But scripture doesn't matter with this brand of lunatics because they don't read and only selectively listen. Christianity is a hollow word that is to be filled with their beliefs for the day. The Present day Republican party is the party of pussy groping bullshitters.  Remember when flip floppers and communist gangster money/influence and special interest was also considered bad?  Their core constituency floats with absolutely no beliefs so they can adopt and refute anything with impunity while waiving the flag. 

And nothing will rally a nation like a war against Iran, while also simultaneously fighting the gays, mixed religions and latinos in America too.     

• Like 4