Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I wonder if it's spooked FOX, too. If Trump is about to take a hard, inevitable fall, FOX may be bailing out so they won't have to remain apologist in chief to the traitor in chief.

"We're not biased, we reported the scandal like everyone else. Fair and balanced. We report, you ignite."

Their twitter account is still dead, after all this time.

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

so Fox is for the old regards and OANN is for the newbie regards?

5 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

A lot of the Twitter comments relating to the Fox tweet of Trumps recommend OANN but for all I know it is bot driven. Since I don't Twitter, myself, I rarely focus on if an account is real or not as it doesn't affect the whole following/likey thing in order to read them. Hardly anyone makes those accounts private, but I guess that is the point.

Most of what Murdoch does is profit-driven, including Fox News.   The folks bankrolling OANN are actually serious about the message - Murdoch would have Fox News do a 180 if it made him more money.   The family who owns OANN are serious as hell about the conservative/libertarian message (And it's the same family who owned WealthTV, now AWE - A Wealth of Entertainment).  They are targeting the 1-2% crowd with some of their offerings, and the Ron Paul and Alex Jones crowds as well.  Trump is not their perfect candidate, but he's as good as they are going to get.

OANN had a couple of UT grads among their on-air talent pool at one time, not sure if they do anymore.  They were the ones who made Tomi Lahren famous.

16 minutes ago, Foosters said:

For holding a winning hand, they sure are doing a whole lot of losing.

They aren't the ones talking about buying Greenland or any of the other numerous stupid shit that Trump talks about on twitter, nor are they the ones hell-bent on running the economy into the shitter.  The Dems best bet is to let him keep saying and doing stupid shit - he's not making up any serious ground in the polls, and if he keeps fucking with the economy the way he's been doing, they will coast to victory.

when i was a youth we had 666 (Ronald Wilson Reagan).

Re Trump -- his spat with FOX means the wheels are just about to fall off. He's feeling the heat, China trade war will be his downfall, farmers are upset.  He's cooked. His only hope Biden is the Dem so we badly need Warren (or Sanders my #1) to take it.  Only way Trump has a shot is the dementia of Joe. C'mon Dems, put up someone else. 

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

there's only one way to win, and that requires waiting 15 months unfortunately.

not sure what other winning or losing could be done before then.

Yes, as much as Trump deserves removal from office, as long as the Senate has its current composition, there is absolutely no point in impeachment. And to any extent it could be painted as politically motivated, it would be counter-productive. Mitch out front of Moscow should have told you.

29 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

They aren't the ones talking about buying Greenland or any of the other numerous stupid shit that Trump talks about on twitter, nor are they the ones hell-bent on running the economy into the shitter.  The Dems best bet is to let him keep saying and doing stupid shit - he's not making up any serious ground in the polls, and if he keeps fucking with the economy the way he's been doing, they will coast to victory.

I remember in 2016 when people said all Hillary had to do was run out the clock and let Trump keep being Trump.  When his attacks on McCain increased his numbers I figured we were fucked.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

Just spitballing here why Mueller would have not known or included it in his report. That or he was grossly incompetent. 

You follow drugs, you get drug addicts and drug dealers. But you start to follow the money, and you don't know where the fuck it's gonna take you

• Like 1

1 hour ago, henrygandorf said:

so, are you saying once the "ironclad" case is made, that the senate will vote to convict/remove?  because that's not ever happening.  and he's not quitting.  or getting arrested.  he might have a stroke or something, but who the fuck could tell.

the dems aren't doing anything because they're currently holding the 'winning' hand.  the quickest way (and the only way) to remove trump is at the ballot box in 15 months.  that's it and that's all.  he's underwater across the board and will get crushed, and they know this.

that said, i have no doubt that folks are building their cases.  i'm sure there are dozens outstanding, not to mention the 10-12 that outside agencies are still working on that were mentioned in the mueller report.  but once those cases reveal shitty shit, nothing will happen to his standing as president.  afterwards...maybe.

Trump and the gop are going to cheat and they’re going to win because the Dems would rather die clinging to their precious norms than lift a finger to stop them.

• Like 5

Say whatever happened to Johnny Sack? Because I’d like him to co-sign/guarantee my business loans for oh, I don’t know, an extra couple million or two. What’s the harm? 

I think with our good internet relationship and all he might be willing to consider that, given what we all know about his certain proclivities and all. I wont be so uncouth as to mention them here, of course. 

23 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

so what does this look like, exactly?

Coordinating a messaging campaign highlighting Trump’s corruption, at a minimum. Repeating the same simple attacks over and over and over on every channel every day. You know, basic messaging 101 shit. Of course, we’re talking about the dipshits who were completely unprepared to issue a coordinated response to the Mueller report when they had literally weeks of prior notice to prepare, so expecting messaging 101 competency from them is like expecting squirrels to do calculus.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Coordinating a messaging campaign highlighting Trump’s corruption, at a minimum. Repeating the same simple attacks over and over and over on every channel every day. You know, basic messaging 101 shit. Of course, we’re talking about the dipshits who were completely unprepared to issue a coordinated response to the Mueller report when they had literally weeks of prior notice to prepare, so expecting messaging 101 competency from them is like expecting squirrels to do calculus.

right.  well not sure that stops anything, but it should be happening currently and until next nov.  it won't, but it should.

7 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Lawrence fucked up.  The story every night should be, “We have yet to prove Trump didn’t co-sign billion dollar loans from Deutsche Bank with Russian oligarchs.”

If Trump didn’t engage in massive financial crimes with Kremlin connected oligarchs, that would be the bigger story.

While Laurence clearly got out over his skis, the story will ultimately be borne out by the facts. Nothing else has come close to explainIng Trump obsequious behavior toward Trump?

56 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's not that simple. You still have to account for Trump saying, tweeting, and doing crazy shit every day to draw all the attention to him and suck all the oxygen out of the news cycle. He lies faster than you can fact check him. He slings shit faster than you can clean it off. There's so much corruption in his administration that to bang the drum on one thing is to ignore a hundred other things. 

If you want to be critical then I think you need to be more specific. What exactly is the message? "Corruption" is way too broad of a term. Who's going to give the message? Where and how? Is Nancy Pelosi going to hold a daily press conference? Wouldn't that distract from the Democratic presidential race? Should the Democratic presidential race be solely a referendum on Trump's corruption? That's obviously not the case. Maybe Tom Steyer could drop out of the race and use his billions to run non-stop ads focusing on the incompetence, corruption, and malevolence of the Trump regime but after a certain point that overexposure to the message becomes a turnoff to voters. 

And if Fox News won't sell you ad time, what difference would it make?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

There’s no such thing as an ironclad case.

You don't think the Emoluments Clause is an open and shut case?

The Campaign Finance violation is pretty egregious with his lies and his signature on a check..

I get it if you think Obstruction Of Justice is a dark gray area.

This just in, Eric Trump is 6' 6"  While they may not be news to y'all, he's actually 6.6" above 6 feet, making his height 6.66

He is He who walks behind the rows...

This is a fully stacked thoroughly well referenced write up.  It’s by a Duke law student, I believe.  Really ties it together with a ream of key information using known reporting:

U.S. HOUSE CONFIRMS IT IS CONDUCTING “MAJOR” MONEY LAUNDERING INVESTIGATION INVOLVING PRESIDENT TRUMP

The House case may never become ‘ironclad’ but they’re damn sure going for it with a plan in mind.  Again, the linked write-up above goes in depth.  Kudos to that guy.

3 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Go Democrats!

An even bigger problem than Donald Trump with this government is Congress's dereliction of duty, being only able to stalemate, being a cesspool of special interest money, perpetually campaign fundraising, and emboldening the Executive Branch.

And it's unfathomable to even comprehend being worse than Donald Trump.