Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Fuck Jeffress. He's what's wrong with religion today.

He also doesn’t get irony, like, at all...

“when you look at what happened in Germany, look, the Nazis didn’t take the Jews to the crematorium immediately," Jeffress said. "They wouldn’t have been allowed to do that by the German citizens. What the Nazis did was a program of making the Jews the object of ridicule and contempt in the eyes of the German people, and only once they had marginalized them, were they able to take away their rights."

Substitute “Mexicans” for “Jews,” and....awww fuckit, it would be lost on these assholes. In fact, the Trumpkins on here use EXACTLY contrary reasoning when we discuss the idea of child prison camps - “how dare you compare this to what the Nazis did, we aren’t executing them!”

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

In my opinion, it's (once again) an impeachable offense.  His oath of office includes his duty to "preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".  That Constitution explicitly states that Congress shall make no law abridging the freedom of the press, and by calling the press "the enemy of the people", he is quite literally questioning the 1st Amendment. 

There have been several dozen impeachable offenses prior to this.  That we know of.  Nothing happened with any of those, and nothing will come of this, either.  There simply is no bottom for Trump and the Republican Party.  None.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

Nothing happened with any of those, and nothing will come of this, either

if we had a truly representative senate trump would be plucking his navel behind bars right now today.  that senate is his shield.  can't be wasting our bullets on that shield.

• Like 1

I think a lot of folks are waiting for Mueller, as well as SDNY to bring these assholes down.  We know impeachment will  be difficult, but the courts going after him and his family will eventually crack him.   It's not a fast process, but more certain than impeachment.   I figure once Mueller is done and the report is leaked, then we will see enough evidence to make impeachment the only logical play.  Then those who stonewall it, or support him will be signing their own career death warrants.  

• Like 1

In one week:
The VP continues an extended tactic of driving a wedge between the U.S. and European allies.
VP endorses strategy to enhance nuclear proliferation with hostile regimes.
President continues praise for authoritarian regimes run by Xi, Putin, Erdogan, Duterte and Kim Jong Un.
President types all caps social media message to the world that the U.S. press is the enemy of the people.
President suggests death penalty for non violent, victimless street crimes.
President strips U.S. Congress of "power of purse" and appropriation of funds in exchange for unilateral power and distribution to one person.
World stage of Allied Powers responds in cold silence to continued attacks on global multilateralism while the U.S. President's daughter is promoted from designing handbags to Head of American Delegation and sides with Russia and China at Munich Security Conference.
A guy made an omelette.

What kind of omelette?

32 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's really quite stunning.  I have no idea how anyone who isn't complicit could brush off these repetitive insults to our history and fundamental principles, but there you go.  I guess some people just aren't as good as I thought they were.  Trump supporters -- Chicken, Chrispy, Onboard, etc. -- I'm speaking to you.  You are bad people.  Fuck you.

What you simply don't understand is librul tears. Lots and lots of librul tears. It's totally worth it.

When Trump says he wants SNL investigated (sigh, I can't believe I just typed that), what do you think he has in mind? Like, "yes Mr. President, the investigation has been completed. You were right, they were in fact telling jokes. They have been taken off the air and Lorne Michaels has been executed." 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

It's really quite stunning.  I have no idea how anyone who isn't complicit could brush off these repetitive insults to our history and fundamental principles, but there you go.  I guess some people just aren't as good as I thought they were.  Trump supporters -- Chicken, Chrispy, Onboard, etc. -- I'm speaking to you.  You are bad people.  Fuck you.

No list of Surly Trump enablers is complete without The Bringer of Donuts.  If we're handing out 'fuck yous', he deserves a heaping helping.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner
  • Like 8

Think of all the lives Trump has adversely affected just winging it and playing his trade war, border, and government shut down games. More than anything I want to see the parallel reality where Obama or Hillary sends troops to the border at Thanksgiving to defend us from imaginary threats, stiffs federal workers during the holidays, and fucks over deep red state farmers in order to "bring back" the steel industry that has largely been outsourced to other countries for 40 years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just the president, continuing his streak of calling for the imprisonment of anyone perceived to be his political enemy. Nothing to see here, move along.

2 hours ago, Jack Straw said:

There have been several dozen impeachable offenses prior to this.  That we know of.  Nothing happened with any of those, and nothing will come of this, either.  There simply is no bottom for Trump and the Republican Party.  None.  

I'd say Trump actually thinks something is going to happen, otherwise he wouldn't be so fucking scared on twitter.  The only thing missing was a "DO SOMETHING!" tweet.

Days like today - that's pure fear emanating from his fingertip.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

I'd say Trump actually thinks something is going to happen, otherwise he wouldn't be so fucking scared on twitter.  The only thing missing was a "DO SOMETHING!" tweet.

Days like today - that's pure fear emanating from his fingertip.  

Absolutely.  If he knew he had done nothing wrong he’d shut up about it.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

No list of Surly Trump enablers is complete without The Bringer of Donuts.  If we're handing out 'fuck yous', he deserves a heaping helping.

This type might be the worst of all.

Lifelong Republicans who claim they knew how bad the President could be, but went along because of Team R and the prospect of what that would bring.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

I think a lot of folks are waiting for Mueller, as well as SDNY to bring these assholes down.  We know impeachment will  be difficult, but the courts going after him and his family will eventually crack him.   It's not a fast process, but more certain than impeachment.   I figure once Mueller is done and the report is leaked, then we will see enough evidence to make impeachment the only logical play.  Then those who stonewall it, or support him will be signing their own career death warrants.  

This is a glass half full kinda guy.  Wish I shared your optimism. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Dallas pastor: Christians who don't like Trump are morons, like Christians in Nazi Germany.

https://www.dallasobserver.com/news/dallas-pastor-robet-jeffress-says-anti-trump-christians-are-morons-11561290

But now I am writing to you that you must not associate with anyone who claims to be a brother or sister but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or slanderer, a drunkard or swindler. Do not even eat with such people.

Also, they are going to push abortion on the evangelicals hard over the next two years. The Trump Facebook news machine is already pushing a sense that abortion is about to be outlawed. And to a certain extent, it will work. It will win lots of evangelicals. The perception of the New York and Virginia stuff, whatever the reality might be, is only fueling the fire.

Edited by Mole

The problem is that if Mueller's report contains information so damning to the president that the Republicans in congress should have no choice but to impeach, that Trump knowingly and willfully engaged in a criminal conspiracy with Putin to influence the election in exchange for the lifting of sanctions on Russia, new AG William Barr won't let the report see the light of day. When the report gets buried, we'll know that Trump is a traitor and should hang. 

• Like 1