Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Illustration for article titled Trump Escalates Baltimore Attacks With Rambling, 3-Hour Press Conference Tearing Into Edgar Allan Poe

WASHINGTON—Criticizing the 19th-century writer as a “death-obsessed weirdo with very little literary talent,” President Trump doubled down on his attacks against the city of Baltimore Monday by tearing into Edgar Allan Poe during a rambling, three-hour press conference on the White House lawn. “This guy was a pathetic loser and boozehound who was too busy crying about his lost love to write any half-decent stories,” said Trump during an oftentimes discursive and meandering speech that mocked the “disgusting, cousin-marrying hack” for his “boring” short stories and poems. “Everyone says The Raven, okay? But a raven? Not very scary. Not scary at all. It’s just a dumb bird. Maybe if he had spent less time concerned about internal rhyme schemes and more time fixing the broken and crime-ridden city that he lived in, we wouldn’t have these problems in Baltimore right now—he’s a disgrace to the Whig Party. Not original. Not smart. And I know a lot of people who love detective fiction, and they all tell me Poe’s Dupin character was a disaster, just a complete disaster for the genre.” Media analysts noted that Trump’s attacks stand in stark contrast to his habit of routinely heaping praise on Romanticists associated with New York like Washington Irving and Herman Melville.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Illustration for article titled Trump Escalates Baltimore Attacks With Rambling, 3-Hour Press Conference Tearing Into Edgar Allan Poe

WASHINGTON—Criticizing the 19th-century writer as a “death-obsessed weirdo with very little literary talent,” President Trump doubled down on his attacks against the city of Baltimore Monday by tearing into Edgar Allan Poe during a rambling, three-hour press conference on the White House lawn. “This guy was a pathetic loser and boozehound who was too busy crying about his lost love to write any half-decent stories,” said Trump during an oftentimes discursive and meandering speech that mocked the “disgusting, cousin-marrying hack” for his “boring” short stories and poems. “Everyone says The Raven, okay? But a raven? Not very scary. Not scary at all. It’s just a dumb bird. Maybe if he had spent less time concerned about internal rhyme schemes and more time fixing the broken and crime-ridden city that he lived in, we wouldn’t have these problems in Baltimore right now—he’s a disgrace to the Whig Party. Not original. Not smart. And I know a lot of people who love detective fiction, and they all tell me Poe’s Dupin character was a disaster, just a complete disaster for the genre.” Media analysts noted that Trump’s attacks stand in stark contrast to his habit of routinely heaping praise on Romanticists associated with New York like Washington Irving and Herman Melville.

When did Rimbo hack your account?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Is it wrong that this makes me mildly aroused?

We still see glimpses of that gorgeous woman that time is whittling down. Seeing time's effect on Pelosi is always tragic to me. She is in her most important moment, and her acuity, articulation, and appearance are under assault by the inevitable.

We're seeing it with Biden, too, but watching Pelosi strikes a deep chord in me. I haven't followed her closely and often I've thought her political moves were poor, but she is so smart. She's been a keen counterpoint to Trump. She'd be keener still if she could turn back the clock just five or ten years.

A largely worthless muse on the political board, I suppose. We'll all be there someday. I hope I'm as capable as she when I hit that age.

• Like 2

Since Trump was elected I've cursed Pelosi about four times and each time came away with the realization that I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about and she usually does. Her ability to anticipate her opponent's behavior and provide the rope for them to hang themselves in political disfavor has been remarkable to watch, especially when her opponent is Trump. That matchup has been hilariously lopsided, like watching Holmes pummel Gerry Cooney.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

We still see glimpses of that gorgeous woman that time is whittling down. Seeing time's effect on Pelosi is always tragic to me. She is in her most important moment, and her acuity, articulation, and appearance are under assault by the inevitable.

We're seeing it with Biden, too, but watching Pelosi strikes a deep chord in me. I haven't followed her closely and often I've thought her political moves were poor, but she is so smart. She's been a keen counterpoint to Trump. She'd be keener still if she could turn back the clock just five or ten years.

A largely worthless muse on the political board, I suppose. We'll all be there someday. I hope I'm as capable as she when I hit that age.

I see you've put some thought into this.

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

Since Trump was elected I've cursed Pelosi about four times and each time came away with the realization that I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about and she usually does. Her ability to anticipate her opponent's behavior and provide the rope for them to hang themselves in political disfavor has been remarkable to watch, especially when her opponent is Trump. That matchup has been hilariously lopsided, like watching Holmes pummel Gerry Cooney.

You know, you say that, and I sit here thinking, "what has she really done though?"  I hope you're right.  I hope there is some master plan that comes to fruition in the next year, but it's fucking hard to see right now as the dotard dismantles our entire system of government and turns it into a god damn hillbilly, reality show, dumbfuck circus.

26 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

If we're 80% as sharp as Pelosi is at 79, we'd be damn lucky.

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

I continue to root for more lunacy.  It won't change any votes, but at least I get to laugh.

I love how this man who displays no empathy for others whatsoever tries to manufacture a connection with his audience (not to mention what he thinks is an air of intelligence) using stupid phrases like "incredible names, incredible names".  A fourth-grader would get downgraded for that alone on an oral book report, and yet our President thinks he's the smartest guy in every room.

For those who weren't around to witness it, our country lost its fucking mind when VP Dan Quayle couldn't spell the word potato, and even worse when he "corrected" a child and added an e to the end of the word. 

There must have been jokes made about that for a year-plus.  To this day, ask anyone over 40 about Dan Quayle and it's almost certainly the first thing they mention about him. His entire legacy is that he can't spell for shit, and he'll be ridiculed for it for the rest of his life. For a spelling mistake. 

Now this dumb sack of shit becomes President and has dozens of examples of similar/worse stupidity, and he breezes through it without a care in the world. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

A white, female Trumpkin friend of mine will only go so far as calling Trump "unsavory." That has now become a running joke at happy hour, BTW. Friends are dropping "unsavory" every chance they get. And it's working. Last Friday after someone talked about the recent unsavory shootings happening in downtown Austin she said "screw you assholes" and walked out on in a tiff. If you're gonna suck that orange Cheeto's cock don't act shocked when people call you out for having cheese dust on your lips and hands.

I got into it w/dotard liking friend. Yes, he sells insurance and is agroid. I suggested maybe his daughters could get a job in the White House,  he, well,...we didn't speak for awhile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mojo Hand said:

Wait, what? 

Message to soldiers/sailors/airmen:  You can murder people.  No worries.

Message to JAG soldiers/sailors/airmen:  If you get assigned a case I don't like, you can even lose it, and I'll still punish you.  

Obstruction of justice, anyone?  This is how you do it system wide.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chad Fuck said:

Message to soldiers/sailors/airmen:  You can murder people.  No worries.

Message to JAG soldiers/sailors/airmen:  If you get assigned a case I don't like, you can even lose it, and I'll still punish you.  

Obstruction of justice, anyone?  This is how you do it system wide.

Trump is encouraging our troops to commit war crimes but the Gary Johnson voters will keep arguing he's "anti war."  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Aaaaaannd more tariffs.  What a dumb shit.

Yep, cost me a shit load today.  My stocks were cruising higher until Trump opened his stupid fucking mouth, then everything crashed.  

Just when I thought I couldn't hate him more.

I hope there's no tariffs on ramen. 

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Trump is encouraging our troops to commit war crimes but the Gary Johnson voters will keep arguing he's "anti war."  

Anything to distract from what's been dropped in front of our faces this week  ---> Cummings' House Oversight report

First Trump/Baltimore is infested, now stripping medals from war crimes prosecutors.

14 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

Anything to distract from what's been dropped in front of our faces this week  ---> Cummings' House Oversight report

First Trump/Baltimore is infested, now stripping medals from war crimes prosecutors.

I don't think it's some planned distraction.  I think he's just a fucking crazy person.

• Like 5

You'd think evangelical conservatives will have a big problem with enhancing military power and nuclear capability to Wahhabist muslims just so a small group of people can get wealthy. They probably won't, though, but you'd think they would.