Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

2 hours ago, Native Horn said:

For those of you that enjoyed the interview with McRaven, please read the book ("Sea Stories") that is referenced in the interview.  It is fascinating.  The Admiral is an absolute badass, and we should be proud that he is a Longhorn through and through.

Just finished it a week or two ago.  It's a very good read.  I ordered it for my kid. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

leaders SHOULD have to hear from the people. fuck anyone saying he shouldn't have been booed. of course he fucking should. you reap what you sow, you hateful orange shitgibbon.

Again, the man who took an oath of office to serve the country called THE MAJORITY OF THAT COUNTRY (that's right, the majority) WHO OPPOSE HIM "HUMAN SCUM."  Booing him is the LEAST of our throwback at him.  Imagine that -- you take an oath to serve a country, and then call most of those you are supposed to serve "human scum."  Then GTFO of MY house, you failed businessman psychotic narcissist slab of orange dickcheese.

• Like 1

As to Barron and the game (I believe I started the criticism here); I read a theory last night that Barron may be "on the spectrum" and doesn't do well with crowds. 

I have no idea if it's true, but if so, it makes sense.  The kid is pretty isolated as far as POTUS kids go.  We saw quite a bit of the Obama girls, Chelsea, the Bush girls, etc.  
We rarely see Barron.  

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Again, the man who took an oath of office to serve the country called THE MAJORITY OF THAT COUNTRY (that's right, the majority) WHO OPPOSE HIM "HUMAN SCUM."  Booing him is the LEAST of our throwback at him.  Imagine that -- you take an oath to serve a country, and then call most of those you are supposed to serve "human scum."  Then GTFO of MY house, you failed businessman psychotic narcissist slab of orange dickcheese.

not trying to split hairs here, but i'm pretty sure the 'human scum' comment was specifically about the "never-trumper republicans" that do not support him.  it was during the tirade when he was unable to rally support within his base, and started making statements like, "at least the democrats stick together.  you would never see a mitt romney over there."

for decades it's "democrats fall in love, republicans fall in line."  but trump put an end to that nonsense.  probably for both sides.

3 hours ago, Jiggy-Z said:

...also these presidential show ups are usually staged for maximum value and minimum damage.  I would guess there have been plenty of presidential appearances that were scratched due to possible crowd reaction during an unfavorably trending series of events in order to preserve the respect for the office and not to poke the bulldog , as it were.  In this case there were either some tone deaf advisers or a presidential override,or both. 

Tell Trump that people don’t want him there, tell him the billionaire owners don’t want to be seen with him, and then tell him that he shouldn’t go, and watch as he says “hold my Diet Coke and watch this!”

24 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

As to Barron and the game (I believe I started the criticism here); I read a theory last night that Barron may be "on the spectrum" and doesn't do well with crowds. 

I have no idea if it's true, but if so, it makes sense.  The kid is pretty isolated as far as POTUS kids go.  We saw quite a bit of the Obama girls, Chelsea, the Bush girls, etc.  
We rarely see Barron.  

maybe he's realized that his dad chose to name him after his dad's own alter-ego:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/trumps-history-of-lying-from-john-barron-to-realdonaldtrump

Trump hasn’t availed himself of the alias John Barron in years. But thirty-four years ago, in 1984, things were different. That May, Trump claimed to be Barron, a fictional official with the Trump Organization, in a phone call with Jonathan Greenberg, a young researcher at Forbes, who was working on the magazine’s annual ranking of the four hundred richest people in America. Two years earlier, Trump had made it onto the Forbes list for the first time, with an estimated fortune of a hundred million dollars. In an effort to get himself moved up, Trump, speaking as Barron, insisted that he was worth at least nine hundred million dollars, and probably much more, because he had recently inherited the bulk of the real-estate fortune of his father, Fred. “Most of the assets have been consolidated to Mr. Trump,” Barron told Greenberg. “You have down Fred Trump . . . but I think you can really use Donald Trump now.”

As Greenberg recounted in a piece in the Washington Post a few days ago, practically everything about this phone call was phony. Fred Trump kept hold of his real-estate empire until he died, in 1999, and in his will he divided it up among his four surviving children and some grandchildren. In 1984, far from being a billionaire, Donald Trump was worth less than a hundred million dollars. Probably much less: Greenberg now says he shouldn’t have been on the Forbes list at all. “When I recently rediscovered and listened, for first time since that year, to the tapes I made of this and other phone calls, I was amazed that I didn’t see through the ruse,” Greenberg wrote. “Although Trump altered some cadences and affected a slightly stronger New York accent, it was clearly him.”

i mean, whatever, though, nothing matters. but i do feel sorry for the kid.

24 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

We rarely see Barron.  

Amy Carter was the last one I remember who was relatively cloistered. We saw her with the family meeting Marcel Marceau, and we met her cat, but otherwise, she was out of the spotlight.

In fact, she's pretty much the perfect model for how I wish most politician's family members were -- can you imagine if the Kardashians were as low profile as Amy Carter? Anybody even know when the last time Amy Carter appeared in public was? I know nothing about her. Thank God. I wish I knew nothing about 90% of the people I know something about.

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Amy Carter was the last one I remember who was relatively cloistered. We saw her with the family meeting Marcel Marceau, and we met her cat, but otherwise, she was out of the spotlight.

In fact, she's pretty much the perfect model for how I wish most politician's family members were -- can you imagine if the Kardashians were as low profile as Amy Carter? Anybody even know when the last time Amy Carter appeared in public was? I know nothing about her. Thank God. I wish I knew nothing about 90% of the people I know something about.

56168e97bd86ef14008c04d9-750-562.jpg

40 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

We rarely see Barron.  

I would pay good money to hear Donald Trump explain autism and Barron’s place on the spectrum and how the Trump family has struggled with it.  The lulz would be the most epic thing ever.

24 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

I would pay good money to hear Donald Trump explain autism and Barron’s place on the spectrum and how the Trump family has struggled with it.  The lulz would be the most epic thing ever.

bringing his kid to a ballgame.  publicly discussing struggles with son's potential autism.

these sound like events that might humanize trump, and clearly, he cannot have that.

bringing matt gaetz to the game was obviously the better political move.

“He’s got this thing. Ok? It’s fine. I’ll be ok. No one knows more about this autristicism stuff than me, believe me.”

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

OK, I see the check mark which is about all I have to go on -- please tell me that's not real?  Please tell me Trump isn't trying to convince us he actually likes dogs?

No worries. He doesn't. Just him trying to pander.

That dog would probably bite him in the ass if left to its own decisions. 

12 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

And we're not declassifying his name why? Are we afraid that his life may be in danger from Isis dogs if we release his name? 

yeah, so the general i saw speaking earlier today seriously said that hey were protecting the dog's identity. 

which seems strange to me. unless his name is pixie or something embarrassing. 

yeah, so the general i saw speaking earlier today seriously said that hey were protecting the dog's identity. 
which seems strange to me. unless his name is pixie or something embarrassing. 

Some military types on Twitter were saying that by identifying the dog, they could put the handler and the unit he’s attached to at risk.

That ISIS or whoever could use the dog’s identity to compromise their security.

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Some military types on Twitter were saying that by identifying the dog, they could put the handler and the unit he’s attached to at risk.

That ISIS or whoever could use the dog’s identity to compromise their security.

So Isis has the names of dogs and the unit and handler they are associated with? If so, then we have a lot more worries than keeping the name of the dog classified. I guess Isis doesn't own any cameras so they surly don't have any pictures to which they can compare this one. Pictures are fine, but not his name.