Turns Out E-Scooters Might Be The End of Society

Doc Reeves

4 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Also, walking is not that difficult. 

it is if you’re a fat, lazy, bloated cow.  every time I see a heifer cruising on a scooter I wanna tell her she’s wasting an opportunity to burn calories.  nobody likes fat chicks.  nobody. 

6 minutes ago, futureman said:

it is if you’re a fat, lazy, bloated cow.  every time I see a heifer cruising on a scooter I wanna tell her she’s wasting an opportunity to burn calories.  nobody likes fat chicks.  nobody. 

Umm, Vic?

16 hours ago, ajax said:

A prominent YouTuber Emily Hartridge died in an escooter collision with a truck. Sad. Apparently it was in a roundabout.

I remember seeing her videos. She was crazy but hot. RIP.

Holy shit!  I had never heard of her before but saw this post and got intrigued.  Well, I got intrigued  to see how hot she was so I googled her.  Up came the CNN article about her death.  They talked about her fame doing Youtube videos like "10 reasons why...:" and mentioned that her last video was something like "10 reasons why it's good to date a younger guy" or something to that effect.  

That video was posted July 8.  In it she talks about the benefits of dating a younger guy (he's 8 years younger I believe).  One of the benefits she lists about 3:30 minutes in is that younger guys are more romantic and do shit for you.

The video cuts to her being led into a room with her eyes closed to reveal a gift her younger guy is giving her.  (She's got a nice body/abs btw).

THE FUCKING GIFT IS 2 MUTHERFUCKING SCOOTERS!!  One that looks like you push with your foot and another electric one that he says she can use to go to work on.  I bet she got killed on the electric scooter her romantic dumbass boyfriend got for her!  If she dated an older gentleman such as myself, she'd still be alive, because I sure as hell wouldn't have gotten her a cunt gift like a scooter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1PY2XDrK7A

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Lhorn said:

Holy shit!  I had never heard of her before but saw this post and got intrigued.  Well, I got intrigued  to see how hot she was so I googled her. 

FB-IMG-1563122798502.jpg

I just looked up the story. She was killed in a segregated bike path in a roundabout in Queens Circus. Judging from the pictures it's a nightmare of bad design.

A bicyclist was killed in the same roundabout a year ago. Both run over by trucks and even back then they were saying it was badly designed bike lane.

Edited by ajax

Just keep that shit off of sidewalks, just like bicycles.  Idiots want to ride a scooter in the street, go for it.  I've had to get in the way of a couple of folks on scooters before they ran over my kids walking around on sidewalks in Austin.  No one was hurt, but it was close.  Seems like half the folks on them are listening to headphones or gabbing with their pals and not paying attention.  I have no compunction throwing a shoulder check if they're about to take out a pedestrian, especially if it's a kid.  Anyway, I'm off to yell at clouds now.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, wood said:

Freeman is going to be the next Thomas J. Henry after he gets his scooter chasing business ramped up. Lol

Edited by Armybrat

"He also alleges that the incident has caused him to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and has caused loss of income for his family. As a result, his wife has suffered loss of consortium damages due to her husband's injuries."

Holy shit.  I didn't know people still threw that claim in there these days.  That poor woman.   His being rendered impotent by the scooter should have been the headline.

Edited by Samson's Wig

4 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

"He also alleges that the incident has caused him to suffer from post-traumatic stress disorder and has caused loss of income for his family. As a result, his wife has suffered loss of consortium damages due to her husband's injuries."

Holy shit.  I didn't know people still threw that claim in there these days.  That poor woman.   His being rendered impotent by the scooter should have been the headline.

He was riding a scooter.  He probably wasn't much of a cocksman to begin with.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, Samson's Wig said:

Damn.   Too scared/traumatized to fuck his wife.   

The wintertime was bleak for Bird. In this year’s first quarter, the electric scooter operator lost nearly $100 million while revenue shrank sharply to only about $15 million, people familiar with the matter said. In the spring, it told people it was down to about $100 million in cash, even after raising more than $700 million over a year and a half. 

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/hit-by-big-loss-bird-seeks-300m-in-new-funds

I don't see a problem here at all.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

The wintertime was bleak for Bird. In this year’s first quarter, the electric scooter operator lost nearly $100 million while revenue shrank sharply to only about $15 million, people familiar with the matter said. In the spring, it told people it was down to about $100 million in cash, even after raising more than $700 million over a year and a half. 

https://www.theinformation.com/articles/hit-by-big-loss-bird-seeks-300m-in-new-funds

I don't see a problem here at all.............

It's shocking that this is a failing business model.  Kudos to them for sucking investor money out of idiots, I guess.  That's the modern way of "earning" a living now.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Texas_Rocks said:

We avoid the Austin downtown waste dump like the plague, but we went to Dirty’s last weekend and I was kind of blown away at the volume of scooters laying all over the place. I really wouldn’t consider it much more than litter.

The litter aspect is disgusting. How the fuck does the city not pick all those shitty scooters up and toss them in a landfill? I mean, if you left something unsightly all over the place, say, brick piles, the city would eventually clean it up, right? Why don’t they clean that up?

• Like 2

My favorite are the millennials riding scooters and looking at their phones. My office is in Midtown Atlanta where the scooters are everywhere, and I’ve absolutely watched scooter riders almost get flattened, only saved by drivers who are paying attention.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 8:01 PM, Buzzrock said:

My favorite are the millennials riding scooters and looking at their phones. My office is in Midtown Atlanta where the scooters are everywhere, and I’ve absolutely watched scooter riders almost get flattened, only saved by drivers who are paying attention.

ironic story is ironic

I can already see the John Grisham book and movie, scooter towing vs. Big Scooter. A young lawyer takes up the scooter towing side, but things get ugly when Big Scooter sends in the goons to rough him up.  But the scooter towers have seedy connections to the underworld and bring in goons of their own.  That's when things get ugly on the mean streets of San Diego.

• Haha 1

“We had our whole team down there trying to pick up as many as we can. We’re glad the city was there to help us out,” LIME General Manager Kimia Talebian.

“There was so much volume of riders coming into the city, that when they were parking, there was just to many of them, so it was best to pull them off the street," she added.

Well, who could have put to many of them out on the street in the first place? 

How the f is the city not making a profit on the $160k in fines resulting from the operation? How much are those city employees making per hour?? (And I don’t give a damn about them profiting from it from an ethical POV)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thankfully, Tyler voted them down because the devil and stuff.  But, whatever, the drivers around here would've killed them and the things are dumb for a city laid out like this to begin with.

Edited by dcbc

On 7/26/2019 at 12:39 PM, utee94 said:

I can already see the John Grisham book and movie, scooter towing vs. Big Scooter. A young lawyer takes up the scooter towing side, but things get ugly when Big Scooter sends in the goons to rough him up.  But the scooter towers have seedy connections to the underworld and bring in goons of their own.  That's when things get ugly on the mean streets of San Diego.

Funny thing about this posting and it related to lawsuits.   There was an article in the tree copy of the AAS on Sunday that I picked up at the hotel about 8 lawsuits that have been filed by a the same Lawyer  in Travis County related to scooter malfunctions and injuries to the riders as a result.   Can't find it on the on line version of the AAS.  

Thankfully, Tyler voted them down because the devil and stuff.  But, whatever, the drivers around here would've killed them and the things are dumb for a city laid out like this to begin with.

Broadway would’ve run red with blood.
  • Like 1