Nearly half of young people aren't using deodorant

Beau Vine

Fuck, and I have to teach these skanks Summer II.

Something curious is happening with the underarms of America’s youth.

A sizable portion of Millennials and Gen Zers aren’t wearing deodorant or antiperspirant. 

Nearly 40 percent of 18-24 years olds say they haven’t applied either of the products in the last month, according to YouGov Plan and Track data. The numbers change slightly for 25-34-year-olds, 31 percent of whom also haven’t used deodorant in the last month.

Nearly 4 in 10 young adults are not wearing deodorant

More than 37 percent of 25 to-34-year-olds say they haven’t purchased these products in the last year and 48 percent for 18 to 24-year-olds say the same.

It’s not that Millennials and Gen Zers lack personal hygiene habits. They’re close to overall population percentages when it comes to washing their hair every day, for example. But, they’re not using deodorant all that much. Does that leave an opportunity for sales or signal a shrinking market?

Schmidt’s Natural Deodorant might see an opportunity, and they’re turning to Justin Bieber to sell deodorant.

The Biebs is launching a new line of deodorant in partnership with Schmidt’s Naturals called Here+Now that is cruelty-free and plant-based, according to the announcement.

Here’s why it might be a good idea: This demo, 18-34-year-olds, is far more likely to have a positive opinion of Justin Bieber than the average American. Perhaps more importantly, they’re far, far less likely to have a negative opinion of him.

Most Americans are split on whether to wash their hair daily

Bieber fans are also significantly more likely (55%) to agree with the statement “I enjoy watching advertisements with my favorite celebrities” than the national average (29%).

The same group also says they’re more likely to buy only from companies that are socially or environmentally responsible.

That could leave an opportunity for Schmidt’s Naturals to try and tap a market that appears to have little coverage. The company might believe that it's in a position to change minds and habits when it comes to underarm care, and Justin Bieber might just be the right spokesman.

https://today.yougov.com/topics/entertainment/articles-reports/2019/06/13/justin-bieber-natural-deodorant

• Haha 1

No really.  I can wear a shirt so many times I don't remember when I washed it last.  That's why I have a ten time limit.  If you don't trust my nose, the past three girlfriends didn't believe it at first either.  I drink about a gallon of water a day.  Maybe that helps.  

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

No really.  I can wear a shirt so many times I don't remember when I washed it last.  That's why I have a ten time limit.  If you don't trust my nose, the past three girlfriends didn't believe it at first either.  I drink about a gallon of water a day.  Maybe that helps.  

Then there is some thing wrong with you. Its not natural to naturally not stink. 

Bacteria lives and shits all over us non stop until we die then they consume our corpse if not embalmed in time.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

I'm guessing the reality is 1) you stink like a bad-mofo.  2) You date girls with BO fetishes. 

It's possible you don't realize either one of those.

24 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

VastBelovedAfricanwildcat-max-1mb.gif

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

Wanna know how I know you don't live in Houston, NOLA, or some humid ass place like that?

1 hour ago, utee94 said:

Yeah, this seems an awful lot like smokers that don't believe their breath, hair, and clothes stink horribly.  Just because your sense of smell has been completely destroyed by your disgusting odors, doesn't mean everyone else can't smell them...

People can’t tell when their breath stinks too. Just because it doesn’t bother you doesn’t mean you don’t stink. 

I'm in this demographic (barely) and that's disgusting. I don't use antiperspirant but I use deodorant every day and a touch of cologne whenever I'm going out. 

The cologne is for other people. The deodorant is because I dont want to smell my own nasty ass. 

39 minutes ago, sdm said:

How many times a day must a non-deodorant user wash their armpits to not emit an odor?

I don’t emit an odor.  There isn’t a cloud around me.  If I want an update I have to run my finger tips on my pit and smell them.  The ex’s are all corporate or highly social interaction type women.  They don’t date stinky men.  

Edited by PRONG HORN

1 minute ago, PRONG HORN said:

I don’t emit an odor.  There isn’t a cloud around me.  If I want an update I have to run my finger tips on my pit and smell them.  The ex’s are all corporate or highly social interaction type women.  They don’t date stinky men anymore.

Fixed.

Ex's.  EX's.

2 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

I don’t emit an odor.  There isn’t a cloud around me.  If I want an update I have to run my finger tips on my pit and smell them.  The ex’s are all corporate or highly social interaction type women.  They don’t date stinky men.  

Maybe, but some women dig the pheromones. 

9 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

WTF

• Like 1

I straight up don't buy the deodorant thing. Even that survey itself indicates a big gap between the number who claim to not purchase vs not wear. The hair thing I buy. I have no idea how accurate it is, but it is definitely mainstream that washing your hair every day is bad for it.

46 minutes ago, PRONG HORN said:

12 minutes ago, happyfunball said:

I haven’t in almost 20 years. I’m not a fat fuck and rarely outside when it is hot or shower quickly afterwards.

This reminds me of the arguments I’ve had with my little brother over the years. He claims he can’t smell his own farts, which usually devolves from there into what he really believes, which is that his farts don’t stink. They stink, motherfucker. And you guys? Yeah, y’all fucking stink too. People talk about it behind your back and they wish there was some way to help you understand that. One of my former buddies stank like a fucking homeless person and we all struggled with how to tell him to get his shit together and put on some deodorant. Eventually, we more or less just said “fuck it” and stopped inviting him places. 

So, do the world a favor. Put some fucking deodorant on and stop ruining everyone else’s dinner. If you want to brag about a quirk, show off two different kinds of socks or wear a monocle or something. Smelly isn’t a virtue.