InkaUtexas

DT: COVID-19 - NO POLITICS ALLOWED

23 minutes ago, Helobious said:

Weird that they casually mention he was discovered dead in the hotel room he was self-quarantined in. Hadn’t heard the virus could take you out that quickly. 

something makes me think there is more to the story here.  how long was he in the hotel?

Not sure what it says about me but I agree with about half the comments there.

The quarantines feel like a joke if we allow 80% of businesses to continue operating as an essential business. I live in FW which has been “stay at home” since Tuesday and my neighborhood golf course had tons of golfers out today. Seriously, golf is acceptable right now but as an ophthalmologist I can’t see my patients. Went to Central Market to get groceries and it was packed with people. No one even cared about maintaining any kind of radius.

Really frustrating to have these half measures in place because they seem mostly ineffective. Either lock it all down or admit defeat and let the virus do what it’s gonna do.

I think mid April most shelter in places are lifted and by May 1 we’re mostly back in business. Obviously by mid April we’ll have a much better idea where we are as a country.

But ya that thread is pretty accurate to what’s going on.

2 hours ago, JimmyJames said:

While maybe good news for Texas, I don’t think I would classify an ongoing bidding war for medical supplies to be good news. Quite the opposite.

No doubt it is horrible it comes to an auction for lives.

I'm just happy my sister is getting what she needs to survive. Thats what it is .. survival. 

No doubt it is horrible it comes to an auction for lives.
I'm just happy my sister is getting what she needs to survive. Thats what it is .. survival. 

How’s your sister’s ass looking these days?

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

It should come as no surprise that most of the comments I’ve seen from the “influenza kills more people and the media is driving the frenzy” crowd had been from the aggy folks that I know. There are several that have made it their life’s mission to let everybody know that this is all overblown and anybody worried about catching/carrying this is just being manipulated by the media. It’s been non-stop through Facebook or text groups. I don’t give a shit, aggy. I’m young and in good health.. I know I won’t die or likely even be hospitalized by this. I still don’t want to pass it on to my elderly, compromised parents or in-laws... or any other person that may fit the bill. Even if they have a good chance of survival, the thought of them spending several weeks in icu or on a ventilator is not something I care to think about. They’re so damned caught up on only trying to push the lower than initially advertised, and only for old people death rate narrative. I honestly can’t understand why they’re  on such an unwavering crusade, other than that it’s the current company line they’re being fed over at texags. It’s quite annoying.

And as said above, and as much as it pains me to agree with anyone on the hell hole that is texags, we are half assing this lockdown. It worked (presumptively) in China because people were afraid to leave their residences for anything... or were more likely, locked in. Here, most of the population is dumb/ignorant and ignore most of the warnings/orders out in place because their way of life is more important that some silly virus. While any amount of people staying home or avoiding interactions will help slow the spread, to truly “flatten the curve”, it takes full buy-in from the nation... or enforcement of temporary orders in the event that people don’t buy in. You can’t have people half-assing it if you’re taking the risk of tanking the economy to halt it. It’s whole-ass or nothing.  And our idiot population is not taking it seriously enough to whole-ass it