Sark after dark COACHING STAFF thread

closetohumping

Just now, Brothahorn said:

We're going Louisiana's ass worse than Katrina!

50+ to open the Sark era.

We better hang 80 on Arkansas. Living here being a Longhorn fan is much more fun when we kick this shit out of them, regardless of sport. 

I will hear about the Texas Bowl until we play later this year.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, TexasFan21 said:

We better hang 80 on Arkansas. Living here being a Longhorn fan is much more fun when we kick this shit out of them, regardless of sport. 

I expect Bijan to rush for about 4 Watsons this game.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

its AMAZING how focused they are in LR on Texas and how much they talk about Texas/results/team even though the team has played how many times in the last 10 years. the general Arky fan's hatred for Texas still burns white hot in case folks were not aware.

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, NoName said:

its AMAZING how focused they are in LR on Texas and how much they talk about Texas/results/team even though the team has played how many times in the last 10 years. the general Arky fan's hatred for Texas still burns white hot in case folks were not aware.

Their fans were pretty awful in Fayetteville in 2004. Most people here have no idea how much they think about Texas.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, UncleSonny said:

I don't remember who said it, a $9.95er, certainly nothing official. But the word seems to be he doesn't want to coach this year for whatever reason (or maybe something to do with his buyout that it's better if he doesn't). Speculation that he takes an analyst job at Georgia where is son plays for a year and then entertains big time DC offers next year.

Isn’t Boom’s son a walk-on at GA? Probably won’t be watching him play IMO.

Just now, NoName said:

LR?

57 minutes ago, Machinator said:

If you want an idea of what the top defensive assistants (who don't call plays) make, Larry Johnson and Greg Mattison make $1.1M at Ohio State.

Found this Feb 2020...

Below are the 10 highest-paid paid defensive backs coaches in college football

(DC's not included)

1. Charles Kelly, Alabama — $800,000
2. Charlton Warren, Georgia — $725,435
3. Chris Partridge, Ole Miss — $625,000
4. Keith Heyward, Oregon — $600,000
5. Karl Scott, Alabama — $550,000
6. Mike Reed, Clemson — $540,000
7. Mickey Conn, Clemson — $515,000
8. Steve Clinkscale, Kentucky — $500,000
8. Paul Rhoads, UCLA — $500,000
10. Anthony Poindexter, Purdue — $460,000
10. Corey Raymond, LSU — $460,000 

https://footballscoop.com/news/the-highest-paid-defensive-backs-coaches-in-college-football-2020-edition/

Edited by LTtxfan

17 minutes ago, NoName said:

hes done it twice i think with A&M...folks have said this year is different because of the DC changes and the investigation

Jan 12 2019 - LSU DB Coach Corey Raymond to interview for same position at Georgia

Jan 14 2019 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond expected to stay at LSU after taking interview with UGA

Jan 19 2020 - LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond has turned down a job offer from Texas A&M

Jan 20 2020 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond agrees to contract extension, per sources

Every. Single. Year. The man is not leaving LSU.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

The younger generation does not really understand when it comes to the hate but the old heads do. Even if they are 2-8, they will never turn down a chance to bash Texas. They truly lack self awareness when it comes to talking Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, satyanash said:

Jan 12 2019 - LSU DB Coach Corey Raymond to interview for same position at Georgia

Jan 14 2019 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond expected to stay at LSU after taking interview with UGA

Jan 19 2020 - LSU defensive backs coach Corey Raymond has turned down a job offer from Texas A&M

Jan 20 2020 - LSU DB coach Corey Raymond agrees to contract extension, per sources

I hope this happens just so we can laugh at you. 

• Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, brojangles2 said:

Don't crucify me for asking, but will there just not be an OC on staff? It has been a long time, if ever that we have had a HC so proficient on one side of the ball to not need an actual coordinator. 

Flood is likely OC for salary purposes, but Sark will call the plays and Milwee help with gameplan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

15 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

You live in NWA? I'm in Bella Vista. 

These piglets like to run their mouths but the last couple of years have been REAL quiet lol

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

A lot of good coaches do that. Some stay. Some leave. Some stay and then leave. 

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

The younger generation does not really understand when it comes to the hate but the old heads do. Even if they are 2-8, they will never turn down a chance to bash Texas. They truly lack self awareness when it comes to talking Texas. 

Don't care much about them in general but beating that ass will still be borderline erotic 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Isn’t Boom’s son a walk-on at GA? Probably won’t be watching him play IMO.

Well he's a walk-on qb so yeah he won't likely be watching him play, but he's a player:

https://247sports.com/college/south-carolina/Article/South-Carolina-Gamecocks-football-head-coach-Will-Muschamp-son-Jackson-Muschamp-preferred-walk-on-Georgia-Bulldogs--143415568/

Edited by UncleSonny
I read your post wrong, you said that.

4 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

You live in NWA? I'm in Bella Vista. 

These piglets like to run their mouths but the last couple of years have been REAL quiet lol

Hot Springs. I'll be up there next year when we play them in Fayetteville. 

Edited by TexasFan21
  • Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, NTVTXN said:

I once had to “try” and guard LJ in high school. Let me tell you he’s worth a lot more than $1.5M...oh wait, you’re not taking about Grand Ma Ma are you? 

A few buddies and I from ol' JJ Pearce (one of the whitest school in DFW, lol) went to a Skyline playoff game his Sr. year, playing Sunset or Spruce,   I think it was at Loos Fieldhouse.  We knew we were at the right gym when during warmups he threw the ball off the back wall of the gym caught on the rebound at its highest point and tomahawked it. It was awesome.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Yea, my old man (63) has been smirking and bringing up 2021 for 3 seasons now simply bc of this game. He gets an Arky shot in every chance he gets. Been that way my whole life, and its basically caused me to understand and continue the hate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

We would be wise to bring in some ol' SWC alumni to explain the Arkansas mindset to our players. The players probably don't realize how much they talk about Texas given that we rarely talk about them.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, ClubWhatever said:

NW Arkansas is Oklahoma with hills and trees.  Yes it’s pretty if you look in the right place and temporarily forget where you are, but it’s a terrible place filled with the kind of people who wind up on Dateline. 

Eh. Close. 

It's much prettier than Oklahoma and I've lived or been to every corner of that God forsaken state. The food is wayyyyyy better in Oklahoma though. At least those goobers have decent mexican food.

4 minutes ago, ClubWhatever said:

NW Arkansas is Oklahoma with hills and trees.  Yes it’s pretty if you look in the right place and temporarily forget where you are, but it’s a terrible place filled with the kind of people who wind up on Dateline. 

qNleQS.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Will you fist your asshole if he does? That’s the real question. 

1 hour ago, Butch Had Not said:

I'm tired of this trope. How did Mullen's raise work out? 

Not that it doesn't happen but I would think that LSU would not be dumb enough to fall for that again....or would they?

On one hand I could see how letting Raymond walk could be seen as signs of an implosion since he is considered an LSU lifer. That plus missing on their DC target would probably cause mass panic. 

On the other hand, If we go aggy style after Elko I am not sure LSU could keep up. Especially with having to buy out the entire defensive staff this year. 

The one thing Sark can offer these guys is that they probably have 4-5 years of stability with the new coach smell.  I think Mack offered bonuses to whoever stayed 4 years.  I vaguely remember it being discussed when we beat LSU in the cotton bowl.

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dude, Herman's first staff was a D at best. Watson made the entire Strong era an F. If Strong had done that one thing different and actually hired an OC worth a fuck, he would have probably been here for 5 years. Not saying any longer, but an OC worth a fuck probably buys him a couple of wins in each of the first few years. It's an alternative history worth 5 minutes of thought, but I stopped there.

The whole "it's billionaires wanting to coach the football team" trope about Texas from the uninformed never gets old. The billionaires have better shit to do. They'd like to see a winner just like the rest of us, and there's no fucking harm in having a bunch of them compared to poors like programs in shitholes like Starkville. Frankly, it is impossible for any reasonably informed college football fan to review the original Strong and Herman staffs and make a credible argument that either one was "impressive." Right.

I have a BIL that went to Arkansas and lives up that way. I can go months without hearing from him, and then something happens for the better at Arkansas or just generally with Texas, and I'm getting texted a bunch of questions and thoughts. I never hardly notice when something happens at Arkansas, and would never care enough to reach for my phone to text about it. That said, my wife and I are headed to the game this year and going with his ass and tailgating with the pigs. I've always been told that Fayetteville is a pretty place. I guess we'll see.

It's beautiful.  I have family up there and they're more delusional than aggy.  They are all kin to the first UT women's golf coach, who was also a Razorback.

Hope Sark has our team ready to go, because the only team they hate more than aggy is us.

Edited by Fondren & Main

4 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

I thoroughly enjoyed the game there in 2004. Folks were as nice as could be and it was a beautiful place to watch a football game.

its changed.  half the college is kids from Texas, especially DFW/North Texas. Walmart brings folks from out of the area for work.  The olds still hate Texas with a passion but for the students and younger adults  its mainly just a big OOC game.

Edit: you don't have to fill up at the border to survive, unless you just want to but that means you are filling up in dirt burglar land.

Edited by dcar00
  • Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, jdhorn92 said:

A few buddies and I from ol' JJ Pearce (one of the whitest school in DFW, lol) went to a Skyline playoff game his Sr. year, playing Sunset or Spruce,   I think it was at Loos Fieldhouse.  We knew we were at the right gym when during warmups he threw the ball off the back wall of the gym caught on the rebound at its highest point and tomahawked it. It was awesome.

Saw him do the same thing at a tournament at Lakeview.

1 hour ago, NoName said:

2021 Schedule:

grY3bie6.jpg

at Baylor

at Iowa State

at TCU

Back to back to back.  Three straight road games???  When is the last time we had three straight road games??

Also, I have been advised by the good people on this site that there is a burnt orange conspiracy that gives us all kinds of unfair advantages.  LHN, * ratings bumps for recruits, preferential officiating,  and best of all preferred scheduling.  Can someone please let me know when I can expect these advantages to kick in?

Edited by TexasGary
spelling
  • Hook 'Em 1

Road-tripping to Pigville in the SWC days was a hoot. That is, if you like slashed tires and gas stations that didn't want to sell to anyone with Texas license plates. Eddie Sutton only made it that much worse. But hey, enough about those vermin. Let's focus on us.

I sense Muschamp is a pipe dream for 2021 (maybe beyond) but that Raymond is actually in play for a change. Bringing him aboard would be outstanding, no matter who the DC ends up being. Even if our offense improves, I'm not sure we can dominate the B12 without a witch who can really recruit and coach corners.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, TexasGary said:

at Baylor

at Iowa State

at TCU

Back to back to back.  Three straight road games???  When is the last time we had three straight road games??

Also, I have been advised by the good people on this site that there is a burnt orange conspiracy that gives us all kinds of unfair advantages.  LHN, * ratings bumps for recruits, preferential officiating,  and best of all preferred scheduling.  Can someone please let me know when I can expect this advantages to kick in?

I don’t think those “TBA” games are in order. 

• Hook 'Em 4