West Point Football players OD on Fentanyl-laced cocaine on SB in Florida

crash_davis

I have no idea why the most powerful nation in the history of the Earth puts up with a porous border allowing this literal poison to come in at ever increasing amounts on a daily basis.
Cartel is literally releasing large groups of border jumpers (including lots of kids) at once to tie up Border Patrol and make it easy to get their shit over the border. And lets not forget China is sending that stuff to Mexico on the cheap...clandestine warfare.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 1

9 hours ago, Hozz said:

You think this shit is not coming in primarily through our open southern border?  Talk about ignorant.  Virtually all of it comes to the US via Mexico.

The border is "open" in that sense largely due to NAFTA, not immigration policy.  They are not the same.

If you didn't mean it in the immigration sense, the way the GOP demagogues currently tout it, then I apologize.

• Hook 'Em 1

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/06/710712195/how-do-illegal-drugs-cross-the-u-s-mexico-border

KERLIKOWSKE: So the drugs that are actually taking the lives of people here in the United States - methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, fentanyl - almost universally come through the ports of entry along the southern border - so that is people that carry them on their bodies or even in their bodies or cars or vehicles. And then the second way is through the international postal mail service.

MARTIN: And when you say most, what do you mean? Like, 50 percent, 60 percent, 90 percent?

KERLIKOWSKE: Oh, well over 90 percent. People don't backpack or try to sneak those drugs across the border between the ports of entry because, one, they could be caught by the Border Patrol. Number two, they don't really trust those people to do that. So it's much better for them to have somebody that is taking the drugs through a port of entry where they're met on the other side of the port here in the United States, and those drugs are immediately taken.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

On 3/12/2022 at 12:33 AM, Hozz said:

I have no idea why the most powerful nation in the history of the Earth puts up with a porous border allowing this literal poison to come in at ever increasing amounts on a daily basis.

Serious question.  Do you think the the border or the fact we pay REALLY good money for drugs is the bigger problem?  

• Hook 'Em 3

Have a lot of people here who don’t understand addiction-which I guess is good. As someone who has been addicted to aforementioned fentanyl,  Everything will eventually be cut with it. Dealers do it, no it’s not usually cross contamination, to increase the chances of getting someone hooked. Can trick people into thinking they “need” coke but really it’s the fent that’s the hook. If done in the right “measurements” then the coke “high” is still there with a stronger addictive hook lingering in the fent. Sometimes or most times it’s sadly too strong and takes a few out. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Have a lot of people here who don’t understand addiction-which I guess is good. As someone who has been addicted to aforementioned fentanyl,  Everything will eventually be cut with it. Dealers do it, no it’s not usually cross contamination, to increase the chances of getting someone hooked. Can trick people into thinking they “need” coke but really it’s the fent that’s the hook. If done in the right “measurements” then the coke “high” is still there with a stronger addictive hook lingering in the fent. Sometimes or most times it’s sadly too strong and takes a few out. 

User name definitely checks out.

Edited by Aqua Buddha
  • Haha 1

On 3/12/2022 at 11:28 AM, Hozz said:

You think this shit is not coming in primarily through our open southern border?  Talk about ignorant.  Virtually all of it comes to the US via Mexico.

Quite bravely ignorant to blame the “supplier” and not the one demanding it. Idiot dummy

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

Look at the big brain on Brad. lmfao.

22 hours ago, TwiceHorn said:

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/06/710712195/how-do-illegal-drugs-cross-the-u-s-mexico-border

KERLIKOWSKE: So the drugs that are actually taking the lives of people here in the United States - methamphetamine, cocaine, heroin, fentanyl - almost universally come through the ports of entry along the southern border - so that is people that carry them on their bodies or even in their bodies or cars or vehicles. And then the second way is through the international postal mail service.

MARTIN: And when you say most, what do you mean? Like, 50 percent, 60 percent, 90 percent?

KERLIKOWSKE: Oh, well over 90 percent. People don't backpack or try to sneak those drugs across the border between the ports of entry because, one, they could be caught by the Border Patrol. Number two, they don't really trust those people to do that. So it's much better for them to have somebody that is taking the drugs through a port of entry where they're met on the other side of the port here in the United States, and those drugs are immediately taken.

Okay, maybe that's what a former US Customs Commissioner says but on the other hand Hozzz on the internet disagrees.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Okay, maybe that's what a former US Customs Commissioner says but on the other hand Hozzz on the internet disagrees.

Well, he was an Obama appointee, so do your research.  But, I am pretty sure every entity that keeps track of that sort of thing says the same thing.  It's not undocumented people bringing the drugs in.  I've heard it from many sources many times over the last several years.

lol shut the fuck up

Negged for CR + pretty clearly not knowing anything about what you're speaking on.

A lot of fentanyl comes in direct from China into Long Beach. The rest comes through Mexico. You can buy it, bath salts, Oxys, whatever on Chinese cross border websites similar to Alibaba if you trust that sort of thing…comes in the mail. China see it as a weapon; it’s one reason they aligned with the Taliban the second we left.

At some point we have to control the market. I would have brought up some Talibans from Guantanamo and sent to Nebraska. They were growing opium in rocks. What could they grow in that black soil. If those Aggies can invent a 1015 onion and make a habanero as hot as a carrot, they could grow some hellacious opium. Flood the market internationally with cheap shit and take out the cartels and hook the Chinese on it.

Would never happen as the cartels and banks that launder their money own our politicians.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, Texzilla58 said:

Flood the market internationally with cheap shit and take out the cartels and hook the Chinese on it.

Would never happen as the cartels and banks that launder their money own our politicians.

We (western powers) already did this, with great success. Set the Chinese back 100+ years. We flooded China with opium, decimating their society. With fentanyl from China now flooding the US, maybe the shoe is simply on the other foot. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

• Hook 'Em 1

Build an 80 foot high electrified steel wall that goes down 40 feet below ground. Create two points of entry per State along the border. Patrol it heavily with armed personnel and inspect everything thoroughly.

Now, when you're done paying for all that in wasted time and money, make sure you also patrol every possible landing point along the 1,200 mile Gulf Coast, the 1,300 mile West Coast, and the 2,165 mile East Coast. Should be a piece of cake. I mean, look at how well they stopped cocaine coming on a straight line directly from Cuba to Florida in the 80's. Not a flake made it through.

Back to the topic at hand, I have also read that the problem isn't cutting with fentanyl, it's sloppy manufacturing places that do a batch of fentanyl and then follow it immediately with a coke batch with no cleaning. Heisenberg ain't running these labs. Would explain a low enough dose to OD but not kill.

Edited by Herpa Derpa
self grammar nazi
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 3/11/2022 at 10:42 PM, Lone Star Horn said:

. All it took was making them pee in a bottle to determine their guilt. Being in the Air Force, when they tell you to pee in a bottle, it's done at that time and someone has to watch the flow from source to bottle.

Pecker Checker

On 3/12/2022 at 12:41 AM, freyguy said:

I have no idea why in this day and age, young adults still put stupid shit into their bodies, knowing all good and well all the shit that's out there, and what it can do to you.

It is and always has been a demand problem not a supply problem. 

You raise the precise question, "why do people do drugs?" 

Someone in the last decade or so described western culture as an alcoholic culture. We turn to drink for just about any event from the happiest to the most grim. We don't even think about it. 

It's not unnatural in such a society that alternatives to alcohol are sought.  Instead of recognizing this and trying to find some pragmatic approach, the US goes emotional and does what it most enjoys doing as a nation: declares war on something that isn't subject to the principles of war. 

Instead of taking a sober (intended) view of ourselves, we create an enemy. The mythology engine kicks in and now drug lords and drug dealers and guy growing marijuana in their basements are wantonly poisoning our youth! TV and movies take it from there. The evil-doers fall to our favorite myth that you solve a problem with a bullet to the cold, cold heart of a "bad" guy.

I doubt we can change our alcoholic culture. I'm not sure I want to do away with it altogether; I drink like most everybody else. But we could sure do ourselves a favor by looking at ourselves and honestly addressing what's going on. We could save a lot of money and strife by dropping the silly notion that this is war.

I'm only this second realizing the irony that four cadets are willful casualties as are the two cadets who went to their aid. A party is the absurd battlefield or our invented conflict.

• Hook 'Em 2

7 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

It is and always has been a demand problem not a supply problem. 

You raise the precise question, "why do people do drugs?" 

Someone in the last decade or so described western culture as an alcoholic culture. We turn to drink for just about any event from the happiest to the most grim. We don't even think about it. 

It's not unnatural in such a society that alternatives to alcohol are sought.  Instead of recognizing this and trying to find some pragmatic approach, the US goes emotional and does what it most enjoys doing as a nation: declares war on something that isn't subject to the principles of war. 

Instead of taking a sober (intended) view of ourselves, we create an enemy. The mythology engine kicks in and now drug lords and drug dealers and guy growing marijuana in their basements are wantonly poisoning our youth! TV and movies take it from there. The evil-doers fall to our favorite myth that you solve a problem with a bullet to the cold, cold heart of a "bad" guy.

I doubt we can change our alcoholic culture. I'm not sure I want to do away with it altogether; I drink like most everybody else. But we could sure do ourselves a favor by looking at ourselves and honestly addressing what's going on. We could save a lot of money and strife by dropping the silly notion that this is war.

I'm only this second realizing the irony that four cadets are willful casualties as are the two cadets who went to their aid. A party is the absurd battlefield or our invented conflict.

Yes, it is very much a demand problem.  The US does a shit ton of drugs.

The demand problem is harder to solve than the supply problem, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be attacking both, at least.  And probably reframing the supply attack.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

The demand problem is harder to solve than the supply problem, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be attacking both, at least.  And probably reframing the supply attack.

Easier to blame brown people than encroach on muh freedom. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 6
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Do we even try? It seems we are moving away from prosecution and towards legalization. That is not a bad thing, but it is counter-effective to decreasing demand. No amount of advertising or medical CE requirements regarding the evils of drug abuse will do anything productive and while many enjoy the feel good measures, I personally feel that they are a waste of money, time and resources.

5 minutes ago, Bevo said:

Do we even try? It seems we are moving away from prosecution and towards legalization. That is not a bad thing, but it is counter-effective to decreasing demand. No amount of advertising or medical CE requirements regarding the evils of drug abuse will do anything productive and while many enjoy the feel good measures, I personally feel that they are a waste of money, time and resources.

I think we're nibbling around the edges.  "Don't do drugs" is a really half-assed attempt.  I'm talking about addressing the root causes of addiction (I think actual addiction only drives a fraction of the demand), and why it is that Americans do so many fucking drugs.

The pearl-clutching around harm-reduction strategies (Biden is handing out crack pipes!), is a big reason we do little more than nibble.

It's a public health and mental health issue, both things we aren't very good at.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

Yeah, it's a manufacturing quality problem.  "Cross contamination".  LMAO.  If only those cartel chemists would take a Toyota TQM seminar, no more Americans would die from ingesting fent-laced coke, etc.

It's intentional.  As someone said above, it's an another addiction hook.

Edited by jimmyjazz

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it's a manufacturing quality problem.  "Cross contamination".  LMAO.  If only those cartel chemists would take a Toyota TQM seminar, no more Americans would die from ingesting fent-lacaed coke, etc.

I heard the Cartel del Golfo was up for the Deming Prize this year.

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

I'm just glad I'm old and past my "interest in blow" phase of life.  I'm sure the coke I snorted back in the day was cut with loads of junk, but it sure as hell wasn't cut/laced/whatever with fentanyl.

I'm there too, and yet, if someone I know and trust laid out some lines of coke he/she told me they had been doing with no unexpected side effects, I still can't with absolute certainty, say I wouldn't find myself rolling up a fresh bill or cutting a piece of one of those big McDonald's soda straws. 

As for the "porous border" propaganda, the amounts the cartels ship into the US are carried by trucks and ships. And they are shipping, not sneaking in a kilo here and there. Billions of dollars. Money they spend buying everything from trucking companies to judges and politicians. You are only deflecting and disguising the real issue if you are politically advocating a radioactive wall of concertina wire or whatever. Look no further than Prohibition if you need a lesson on how trying to curb drug use by cutting supply works out. Demand will find supply, and the people who can influence the how and when of supply get very rich.

On 3/14/2022 at 7:36 AM, Herpa Derpa said:

Build an 80 foot high electrified steel wall that goes down 40 feet below ground. Create two points of entry per State along the border. Patrol it heavily with armed personnel and inspect everything thoroughly.

Now, when you're done paying for all that in wasted time and money, make sure you also patrol every possible landing point along the 1,200 mile Gulf Coast, the 1,300 mile West Coast, and the 2,165 mile East Coast. Should be a piece of cake. I mean, look at how well they stopped cocaine coming on a straight line directly from Cuba to Florida in the 80's. Not a flake made it through.

Back to the topic at hand, I have also read that the problem isn't cutting with fentanyl, it's sloppy manufacturing places that do a batch of fentanyl and then follow it immediately with a coke batch with no cleaning. Heisenberg ain't running these labs. Would explain a low enough dose to OD but not kill.

I was about half way through your post before I realized you were being sarcastic. When it comes to the "build the wall!" crowd, irony is truly dead.

• Hook 'Em 3

On 3/14/2022 at 10:38 AM, TwiceHorn said:

I think we're nibbling around the edges.  "Don't do drugs" is a really half-assed attempt.  I'm talking about addressing the root causes of addiction (I think actual addiction only drives a fraction of the demand), and why it is that Americans do so many fucking drugs.

The pearl-clutching around harm-reduction strategies (Biden is handing out crack pipes!), is a big reason we do little more than nibble.

It's a public health and mental health issue, both things we aren't very good at.

too be fair, we're not very good at a lot of issues.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, 1leggedduck said:

I'm there too, and yet, if someone I know and trust laid out some lines of coke he/she told me they had been doing with no unexpected side effects, I still can't with absolute certainty, say I wouldn't find myself rolling up a fresh bill or cutting a piece of one of those big McDonald's soda straws. 

As for the "porous border" propaganda, the amounts the cartels ship into the US are carried by trucks and ships. And they are shipping, not sneaking in a kilo here and there. Billions of dollars. Money they spend buying everything from trucking companies to judges and politicians. You are only deflecting and disguising the real issue if you are politically advocating a radioactive wall of concertina wire or whatever. Look no further than Prohibition if you need a lesson on how trying to curb drug use by cutting supply works out. Demand will find supply, and the people who can influence the how and when of supply get very rich.

This would apply to me as well.

Especially if it were certain friends of mine that are still "in the game" so to speak, and it would be a reasonable inference that they've already imbibed off the stash they were offering up.

1 hour ago, jimmyjazz said:

Yeah, it's a manufacturing quality problem.  "Cross contamination".  LMAO.  If only those cartel chemists would take a Toyota TQM seminar, no more Americans would die from ingesting fent-laced coke, etc.

100% this, they can use fentanyl to make up for lack of actual product therefore increasing their profit margins and not give a single fuck. You think the cartel cares about american's OD'ing? Those people are killing women and children in other countries.

Fucking surly.  6 kids at one of the finest institutions in the land requiring congressional appointments resulting in graduation as a commissioned officer in the US military OD on drugs and it turns into a CR infested boarder convo with the occasionally brown person attack.  Shits wild man. 

19 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Fucking surly.  6 kids at one of the finest institutions in the land requiring congressional appointments resulting in graduation as a commissioned officer in the US military OD on drugs and it turns into a CR infested boarder convo with the occasionally brown person attack.  Shits wild man. 

To be fair, occasionally brown people are the worst.  Either be brown, or don't.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

On 3/12/2022 at 12:00 AM, StassneyHorn said:

They bought shitty drugs cause they were probably loud obnoxious look at me military types in their 20s

Wasn’t expecting this many people to support loud obnoxious military types buying shitty drugs from randos during spring break

• Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Sounds like they will fit right in with aggy!

Aggy doesn’t learn about someone else’s traditions, they make sure to travel and overpower others with their ridiculous bullshit because they see themselves as better Christians, Texans, Americans and sheep fellatiaters

2 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Wasn’t expecting this many people to support loud obnoxious military types buying shitty drugs from randos during spring break

A discriminatory approach can be a pernicious endeavor.  I support everyone buying shitty drugs from randos during spring break.

Sir, no one’s mentioned any boarders.
  • Haha 3

On 3/12/2022 at 8:52 AM, UDontKnow said:

Geez people. Things are not necessarily cut with fentanyl. 

You think the drug cartels are getting these drugs manufactured in proper factories with quality control?

No, the people manufacturing these drugs out in remote areas aren't running some sterile process and contamination results.

That's what's most likely happening. Street drugs are NEVER unadulterated.

No. Fentanyl is purposely put into other drugs to create an addiction. Fentanyl addiction creates rabid demand and the high is so powerful but doesn't last long. Read any content by Sam Quinones - he lays out the industry from conception to present. Fentanyl can be created with readily available chemicals without the need for land, sun, water, etc. It's much more profitable, easy to manufacture, and distribute than other drugs, and it's being put into every other supply to create addicts. However, it's extremely potent and kills a much higher proportion of users than any other drug.

Exactly

On 3/13/2022 at 9:05 AM, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

11 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

9 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

100% this, they can use fentanyl to make up for lack of actual product therefore increasing their profit margins and not give a single fuck. You think the cartel cares about american's OD'ing? Those people are killing women and children in other countries.

On 3/14/2022 at 3:02 AM, nnm said:

We (western powers) already did this, with great success. Set the Chinese back 100+ years. We flooded China with opium, decimating their society. With fentanyl from China now flooding the US, maybe the shoe is simply on the other foot. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opium_Wars

My mom was a heroin addict. Long story, but she got hooked off her first hit -- my godfather's brother was a GI in Nam and he sent it back to Houston. Mama had a pre-existing propensity for opiate addiction (she'd been horribly burned as a child and hooked up to a morphine drip for a month). Maybe she could have got through the '60s without "relapsing" like that or maybe not, but in some ways she was a casualty of the war. And to a more limited degree, myself and my three half-siblings as well. She abandoned all of us.

On 3/14/2022 at 8:35 AM, BurntOrange&White said:

If I was a college kid I'd be so fucking scared to do drugs.

Or maybe you wouldn't, because you were a college kid.

4 hours ago, MuellerHorn said:

No. Fentanyl is purposely put into other drugs to create an addiction. Fentanyl addiction creates rabid demand and the high is so powerful but doesn't last long. Read any content by Sam Quinones - he lays out the industry from conception to present. Fentanyl can be created with readily available chemicals without the need for land, sun, water, etc. It's much more profitable, easy to manufacture, and distribute than other drugs, and it's being put into every other supply to create addicts. However, it's extremely potent and kills a much higher proportion of users than any other drug.

I'm not buying it. It's bad business. There's a never ending supply of addicts, so why kill so many out of the gate? And I have to believe that fent has a blunting effect on coke. People who want coke want coke, not a heroin like high. They want to grind their teeth and lick their lips and hoot and holler, not nod out drooling. I don't believe the cost-benefit analysis  holds up -- you are delivering a different product than what's expected and killing a significant number of customers hoping to create more addicts?

How does that make any sense regarding Spring Break drug dealers? Why would they care if these cadets became addicts or not -- they are not going to be buying any more drugs from that dealer. Or is that dealer just "paying it forward" -- creating fent junkies for a faraway chapter of the International Brotherhood of Scumbags. This logic reminds me of some rando I got in an argument with who was swearing up and down that the cartels and ISIS were working together to destroy America. ISIS maybe, but the last thing the cartels want is the downfall of America. This dude was telling me the cartels were guiding ISIS terrorists to the border and helping them acquire bombs and heavy weaponry. Lol. I could say the cartels driving ISIS off into the Mexican desert assuring them that was the way it was going to happen, before stopping the truck, machine gunning them all, and then mailing their severed heads to the FBI as perverse tokens of good faith. "See? We are all on the same team here."

I think sometimes people allow notions of morality and evil to take precedence over what drug dealing really is, especially at the hand-to-hand level. Yes, the cartels routinely commit atrocities against each other, but at the bottom end of the business, it's simply about maximizing profit. 

I mean, I guess I could see them trying out this theory. After all, the other alternative is they are killing people through sloppiness, so it's not like this business is running optimally in either case. But I tend toward idiocy and carelessness rather than an attempt at diabolical genius.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2