Parliament

Knives Out. Ensemble of pretty much all the great actors/actresses

Poor use of Craig. I assume that is supposed to be a southern accent. Sounded too much like Foghorn Leghorn. Looks like it might be entertaining though, that fault aside.

10 hours ago, MagicSoccerSpray said:

Where's Tim Curry?

Funny. I’m watching “Clue” with my 9 & 12 yo boys and this movie reminds me of it completely (minus hot maid)

Did Rian Johnson do better with this than he did that dreadful Star Wars movie?

I thought it was a pretty decent "who-dun-it" movie that entertained.   Saw it for matinee prices in reclining theaters seats on a quiet Friday.   Well worth $6.

4 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I thought it was a pretty decent "who-dun-it" movie that entertained.  

so who did it? 

Saw it at a matinee. Thoroughly entertaining.  Daniel Craig chews scenery likes it’s a bag a Fritos and Ana de Armas is hot.  The whodunnit is engaging.  If you are looking to entertain family, it’s the right call. 

It was good. Ana de Armas, who is hot and a pretty good actress, will be in the new Bond movie with Daniel Craig. Lucky dude. 

On 11/27/2019 at 5:15 PM, Continental Op said:

I wouldn't say I hated it but I was very ready for it to be over when it ended.

I kept waiting for the background part to be done and the plot to begin.  Then it was over.  

I thought this was one of the better movies I've seen in a theater in a while.  Hollywood needs movies like this to convince them it's worth it to make things that aren't superheroes or sequels. 

If people are bitching about Rian Johnson with this one then they're just being sensitive little bitches.

6 hours ago, Macanudo said:

I thought it was a pretty decent "who-dun-it" movie that entertained.   Saw it for matinee prices in reclining theaters seats on a quiet Friday.   Well worth $6.

Haven't seen it, but that's where I had it rated by the previews. The trailers seemed forced. I'll wait for HBO.

Saw it last night. Whole family enjoyed it. Teenage kids talked about it for an hour afterward--where they guessed right/where the guessed wrong. For the money I spent, good time and the rare film that everyone liked. And yes, Ana is a cutie.

13 hours ago, fellside said:

I thought this was one of the better movies I've seen in a theater in a while.  Hollywood needs movies like this to convince them it's worth it to make things that aren't superheroes or sequels. 

If people are bitching about Rian Johnson with this one then they're just being sensitive little bitches.

This, it was a good movie that was different than a lot of the big budget movies that are constantly coming out. It was a little heavy handed in some of the clues that were given through the movie, but it was overall a good storyline and well acted.

Such a fun movie. Daniel Craig was great, but it was so cool seeing Jamie Lee Curtis and Don Johnson in it. I personally loved the movie. I watched it because a friend went to the NYC premiere last week and thought it was amazing and he almost never recommends movies to me.

Saw it this Wednesday and then again on Saturday with my GF. The plot is cool and the humor makes it fun. Chris Evans had a great role as well. Highly suggest seeing it if you enjoy murder mysteries. The scene that showed an Angela Lansbury "Murder She Wrote" cameo was pretty funny if you are old enough to know that show.

Edited by UpperWestside

18 hours ago, RPM said:

Haven't seen it, but that's where I had it rated by the previews. The trailers seemed forced. I'll wait for HBO.

It's a good movie to see in a full theatre. Some funny scenes make it worthwhile to see it with other people. It has some very good plot twists. Daniel Craig was very good. He really pulled off the southern gentleman accent. I grew up listening to people who talked like him. I enjoyed him speaking like that much more than I did any of the actual southern gentlemen. 

Edited by UpperWestside

I thought it was a lot of fun.  It was good that Daniel Craig got to bring out his Logan Lucky accent for another spin.

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, fellside said:

Exactly.  And of course, I'm the one guy who loved TLJ and loved what Johnson did with that movie.  But I really enjoyed it, and I know it's good because my wife, who I drag to movies like this that she knows nothing about and usually just says "meh" and nods of, was really engaged and laughed quite a few times.

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 9:45 AM, DanRydell said:

Great acting and a lot of fun. I thought it was one of the best movies I've seen this year. 

Agreed.

I thought it was great and Daniel Craig in a genteel southern accent saying  

Spoiler

“ What where the words overheard by the nazi child masturbating in the bathroom?”

is one of the all time great movie line deliveries.

I thought this was a massive letdown and the whole thing is one big eyeroll.

I am normally not very critical about movies, but I thought this was a pretty large pile of shit.

Reading through this thread I am obviously in the minority, so I guess it is just me.

I thought this was a massive letdown and the whole thing is one big eyeroll.

I am normally not very critical about movies, but I thought this was a pretty large pile of shit.

Reading through this thread I am obviously in the minority, so I guess it is just me.
Largely agree with this.

Thought Johnson did great, though. And loved the M Emmet Walsh cameo.

I enjoyed it thoroughly especially the Gravity’s Rainbow joke. I was probably predisposed to like it because I was raised by a mom who loves mystery novels and Murder She Wrote, and it rubbed off on me