Texas Recruiting Notes 2023: Strippers, Monkeys, and 5-Stars

Machinator

Awright, Marion, the lyrics are fun, but land this guy ... 

Texas reconnecting with four-star wide receiver DeAndre Moore

Mike Roach

Spoiler

Texas reconnecting with four-star wide receiver DeAndre Moore

Mike Roach

Steve Sarkisian targeted DeAndre Moore early in his tenure at Texas.

The 2023 wide receiver from Los Alamitos (Calif.) is one of the most dynamic players in the country, but a fall commitment to Oklahoma took him off the market. Moore decommitted from the Sooners following Lincoln Riley's defection and Texas recently reconnected with Steve Sarkisian and new wide receiver coach Brennan Marion leading the way. Moore said that both sides picked the recruitment up quickly and the message from the coaches has been clear.

"The message has been that they want me," Moore said. "They can develop me and I'm a good fit in their offense. I've talked with them a few times and it's like we never skipped a beat."

Moore is getting acquainted with Marion and his ability as a coach. Marion's development of Biletnikoff Award winner Jordan Addison stuck out to Moore.

"I've seen what he can do and he's somebody that I think really knows his stuff," he said.

Moore visited Texas last summer and was able to take in Austin. He plans on returning in the spring or summer when visits are allowed again.

"For sure," he said. "Whenever stuff opens back up, I'm up there. I loved Austin."

The Texas offense has Moore's attention after the freshman season Xavier Worthy had. Moore sees a potential fit to thrive in a system like that.

"I think coach Sark is an offensive genius," he said. "We've seen what he can do and I think that I would flourish in his offense."

At 6-feet, 185 pounds, Moore is ranked as the No. 4 wide receiver in the nation and No. 6 overall prospect in California, according to 247Sports Composite.

• Hook 'Em 4

5 hours ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Too bad we have to wait until fall for the player jerseys. It’d be nice to start selling them now so that the dollar amounts could come out in the fall for recruiting season. 

Wonder if there will be any boosters buying a few hundred of these. 

10 years from now a giant warehouse on the Rio Grand border will be found filled to the brim with burnt-orange jersey's with player names on them.

I can hear it now ...."What can I say. I liked Bijan Robinson so much that I bought 10,000 of his jerseys at 50 bucks a pop."   

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

10 years from now a giant warehouse on the Rio Grand border will be found filled to the brim with burnt-orange jersey's with player names on them.

I can hear it now ...."What can I say. I liked Bijan Robinson so much that I bought 10,000 of his jerseys at 50 bucks a pop."   

*jerseys

There's probably a better way of giving money to Bijan, than buying $100 jerseys, where Nike probably gets $70, UT get $25, and Bijan gets $5.

• Hook 'Em 2

18 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

*jerseys

There's probably a better way of giving money to Bijan, than buying $100 jerseys, where Nike probably gets $70, UT get $25, and Bijan gets $5.

It’d be interesting to know the percentages. But I bet these kids will get more out if it just knowing that people are buying their “brand” and think it’s cool to see people wearing their swag.  (Did I use that word in proper context?)

23 hours ago, LarryMoeSurly said:

Too bad we have to wait until fall for the player jerseys. It’d be nice to start selling them now so that the dollar amounts could come out in the fall for recruiting season. 

Wonder if there will be any boosters buying a few hundred of these. 

guessing it has to do with official rosters being released for the fall?

why buy a few hundred of them when you can just by 1, have the player sign it and pay them $Texas - making sure 100% of the money goes directly to the player and isn't skimmed along the way?