Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

Just now, Doc Reeves said:

CSB

My dads buddy was a retired 4* Gen from the cold war. Hard warrior type with a plate in his head. He had the highest security clearance possible and direct knowledge of most of the most important events of the 20th cent. He would occasionally say he knew more than all the past CIA directors and Presidents combined. You could ask him shit and he got off to giving cryptic replies like: "Did the US secretly assonate that guy?" and he would say "The US doesn't assonate people.....anymore, haha"

One thanksgiving my buddy was with me and had to ask "So are there Aliens at Area 51?" and he replied "I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...haha" to which my friend said "Why would you have to kill me if the answer was 'no'?" He got a surprised look on his face and said "Very good" and that was it.

In conclusion: you dirty minx.

I don't know what assonate means, but I don't think I want to know.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

CSB

My dads buddy was a retired 4* Gen from the cold war. Hard warrior type with a plate in his head. He had the highest security clearance possible and direct knowledge of most of the most important events of the 20th cent. He would occasionally say he knew more than all the past CIA directors and Presidents combined. You could ask him shit and he got off to giving cryptic replies like: "Did the US secretly assonate that guy?" and he would say "The US doesn't assonate people.....anymore, haha"

One thanksgiving my buddy was with me and had to ask "So are there Aliens at Area 51?" and he replied "I'd tell you but I'd have to kill you...haha" to which my friend said "Why would you have to kill me if the answer was 'no'?" He got a surprised look on his face and said "Very good" and that was it.

In conclusion: you dirty minx.

Not sure what assonate is but it scares the shit out of me

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, Xian said:

He’s debating on if he is going to try to convince sam to return...

"Now you see here what he's doing with his hamstrings - I was never a fan of that. I've always believed in a quick toe touch right before kickoff"

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

They’re coworkers and professionals that have been in the game. If he’s telling anybody outside of his inner circle or his assistants, it’s them. Especially in their pre production meetings. 

Think about this. If he had says yes there is a plan. Part of that plan is not to let this get out at all and make this messy. You think he is going to want to make a new 12M/yr job messy to start or he just doesn't tell the meat heads?

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Beantown Express 2.0 said:

Yeah but the 2 conference titles in 16 years is the real big killer to me.  This wasn't a great conference either top to bottom but we still couldn't get more than 2 titles which is brutal.  Mack could recruit and was a decent coach but he underused the talent he brought to the 40 acres by having shit coordinators to go with his good not great coaching abilities.

Yeah, this really is the unfiltered truth.  And you have to add only this despite the gigantic built in advantages the competitive unbalanced nature of college football affords a program like Texas.  Sometimes it felt like winning at the highest level was the exception and not the norm even during the ‘00’s, like the talent level at the university simply outpaced the coaching to break the surface of the waves for a short breath before sinking just below the surface.  

1 minute ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

Think about this. If he had says yes there is a plan. Part of that plan is not to let this get out at all and make this messy. You think he is going to want to make a new 12M/yr job messy to start or he just doesn't tell the meat heads?

Or maybe Meyer has already turned down Texas and told Fox it’s a non issue and to let it go. 

21 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Those guys mess with each other all the time.  They know he’s taking the job and they are hazing him.  That’s the 2nd times they’ve asked him about Texas the last 3 weeks.

That's exactly how that came off to me.

He told them. Human nature. These guys know. This tells me it's less than 24 hours away. Or not...but so what? Herman is gone. That much I believe, and I am confident the other part is true.

4 minutes ago, PassiveAggressiveCoach said:

If it is his plane I bet they'll wait of he is a few mins late. Or maybe it's like the assholes at United closing the door 10 mins before kickoff. I dunno never flown in a Gulfstream. 

You go when the people in the back say you go. 

• Haha 1

I think it’s a great sign because Urban doesn’t say anything back.  If he wasn’t taking the job, he would laugh and joke back.  They are also avoiding showing him during the Texas segments.  

I hate to say it but I’m gonna be so let down if we don’t get UM at this point.

• immamac changed the title to Urban Meyer or bust
  • immamac locked this topic
  • immamac unlocked this topic