Urban Meyer or bust

BurntOrange&White

8 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

Wait what? I must have missed something

https://deadspin.com/how-a-notre-dame-student-died-and-why-he-shouldnt-have-5675694

Barry Petchesky.       10/28/10 12:40PM

"At precisely 4:50 pm, a 50-foot scissor lift tower collapsed in winds exceeding 50 mph, killing the 20-year-old student filming football practice for the team. It shouldn't have come to that."

image.gif

13 minutes ago, Steelers Roll Left said:

Is this the Kelly or bust thread, or the Meyer or bust thread?  BDE, my faithful....

Urban Meyer's Top 3 Coaches from Week 15

1. North Carolina's Mack Brown
2. Rutgers' Greg Schiano
3. Utah's Kyle Whittingham

https://m.facebook.com/foxsports/videos/420784332449332/

Edited by LTtxfan

8 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

https://deadspin.com/how-a-notre-dame-student-died-and-why-he-shouldnt-have-5675694

"At precisely 4:50 pm, a 50-foot scissor lift tower collapsed in winds exceeding 50 mph, killing the 20-year-old student filming football practice for the team. It shouldn't have come to that."

image.gif

montypyhton-1600x720.jpg

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

image.gif

At least Case McCoy just got arrested and later went on to earn eternal scoreboard glory.

• Hook 'Em 1

37 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

image.gif

Look... we've all accidentally killed someone due to unsafe scissor lift operation in prevailing winds.

Oh, y'all haven't? I'm sorry - of course not - I was just speaking in generalities.

Edited by ztejas
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Look... we've all accidentally killed someone due to unsafe scissor lift operation in prevailing winds.

Oh, y'all haven't? I'm sorry - of course not - I was just speaking in generalities.

Exactly, who hasn’t killed a 20 year old or two.  Kelly clearly fucked up by not hiding the body in a shallow grave next to Touchdown Jesus.

21 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Come on man, I mean not everyone is the perfect person in the world. Everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from Me. Right?

• Hook 'Em 2

On 12/17/2020 at 4:12 PM, closetojumping said:

I understand anyone's skepticism regarding either Mullen or Kelly. Who knows if either would give legitimate consideration for the move? I don't have any confidence in either doing so right now, but crazier shit has happened, even lately. 

Looking at the reasons for Kelly to consider leaving ND:

-$$ - people have a misconception of how competitive ND is with compensation

-Assistant $$ - same issue. Kelly keeps losing DCs because he can't compete financially. There are schools that would have been able to pay Lea enough money to punt on Vandy and wait for something bigger and better - ND ain't one of them.

-Support staff $$ - see first two points. ND isn't playing the same game with $$ that others, including UT, are willing to do so.

-Academic hurdles - I realize @Snacks thinks the hurdles to qualifying for ND aren't as stringent as we think for the football players, but guys that cover the recruiting side of the sport can be asked on their boards right now and counter that argument with what they're seeing out there. There is a ceiling ND has for who it can get that other schools, including Texas, don't have.

-Overall recruiting pull - ND is still a massive brand. It isn't the brand it was 20 years ago or beyond. It's in podunk South Bend, IN and it's cold as hell there. 

-ND leadership and appetite for scandal - Can you imagine if your ultimate boss was a priest? Yikes. ND, like UT and Michigan, has remained very pompous and patrician about how it recruits and what it will and won't do. 

Looking at why Kelly would stay:

-$$ isn't everything to him.

-ND is in a great spot and he is a king there.

-It's his dream job and he loves his life on campus.

"I think we recognized that all of my football players are at risk. All of them, really. Honestly, I don't know that any of our players would get into the school by themselves right now, with the academic standards the way they are. Maybe one or two of our players that are on scholarship.

So, making sure that with the rigors that we put them in -- playing on the road, playing night games, getting home at 4 o'clock in the morning, all of the demands that we place on them relative to the academics, and going into an incredibly competitive academic classroom every day -- we recognize this is a different group."

Those are Brian Kelly's words after Gholston got caught cheating.

Reggie Bush qualified for ND. 

Yes, there are going to be a handful of people every year that ND says "No" about... but it's not a lot different than getting into, and staying in, Texas.

What I'm saying is, Notre Dame isn't Stanford. Notre Dame can take whom they want to take. It's a minor issue in the grand scheme. When it comes to recruiting, Notre Dame has to worry more about being in South Bend, Indiana than qualifying players.

Catching up on the thread and I’ve come to some new conclusions:

1. Port Arthur is now part of Houston (UGK)

2. Houston has a better rap scene but people need to give Dallas some credit. They have some good artist. 

3. Travis Scott is very successful commercially but let’s be honest, he is not that talented lyrically. 
4. We are trading Urban Meyer for Brian Kelly

1 hour ago, Snacks said:

"I think we recognized that all of my football players are at risk. All of them, really. Honestly, I don't know that any of our players would get into the school by themselves right now, with the academic standards the way they are. Maybe one or two of our players that are on scholarship.

So, making sure that with the rigors that we put them in -- playing on the road, playing night games, getting home at 4 o'clock in the morning, all of the demands that we place on them relative to the academics, and going into an incredibly competitive academic classroom every day -- we recognize this is a different group."

Those are Brian Kelly's words after Gholston got caught cheating.

Reggie Bush qualified for ND. 

Yes, there are going to be a handful of people every year that ND says "No" about... but it's not a lot different than getting into, and staying in, Texas.

What I'm saying is, Notre Dame isn't Stanford. Notre Dame can take whom they want to take. It's a minor issue in the grand scheme. When it comes to recruiting, Notre Dame has to worry more about being in South Bend, Indiana than qualifying players.

I’ve known two athletes that were recruited by ND.  One was accepted but declined and one played football there.  Both of them were stretches to get in. 

It’s a myth or propaganda that they have high admittance standards. 

Edited by JOSEYWALES66
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

I’ve known two athletes that were recruited by ND.  One was accepted but declined and one played football there.  Both of them were stretches to get in. 

It’s a myth or propaganda that they have high admittance standards. 

Yeah if anything it should be even easier for a private school to fudge admission for athletes. 

On the Pac-12 pregame, Urban said the staff guy who brought his big noon trophy (best game picker on the show) was "well compensated" .... 

and then added how: "It's called Buckeye gear."

He's giving away his Buckeye gear!!!!

👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀    👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀  👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀    👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀    👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀 👀  👀   👀   

Edited by Getafix
Effing buffer! FTH! FCB! FOU!
  • Haha 1