Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

Regarding the 60 minutes interview — the public is best served when the press asks tough questions of our politicians and pushes back on any bullshit answers.  I have no problem with Stahl not allowing her interview be yet another channel for the President to push his disinformation.  It’s her responsibility as a serious journalist to disallow that.  At no point should she or any other interviewer tiptoe around the fact that President Trump cannot stand to be held accountable to reality.

Biden had pushback on his answers, too.  But he didn’t view that as an attack undermining his authority.  He calmly listened, responded with more depth from his cursory answer and otherwise showed himself to be a leader capable of listening and incorporating feedback from others.

Trump is a leader only capable of getting things done — empirically much more often than not the wrong thing done — if he has unquestioned authority to call all the shots and paint the picture of their effects.  His judgment cannot be questioned, alternatives can’t be considered.  To do so would undermine his authority.  And so the group being led is hamstrung by the limitations of its authoritarian leader.  That’s the weakness of authoritarianism that ultimately leads to its downfall.  And specifically to Trump, the failure of his judgment in addressing the pandemic will be his downfall.

Kudos to 60 minutes for illustrating exactly who would be the King of America if allowed to do so.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, yoladu said:

He is upping the "rounding the corner" narrative, just as the US is hitting record daily cases.

and then whines when the reality being reported doesnt match his rhetoric.

It's not a reality based Presidency.

We have record testing!  We have the greatest testing the world has ever seen!  If you have record testing, you're going to have record cases!

22 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

We have record testing!  We have the greatest testing the world has ever seen!  If you have record testing, you're going to have record cases!

What he can't get through his head is, that if you tested no one, the reality would still be this virus is currently spreading rapidly.

If he wants credit for knowing that covid is currently spreading rapidly, then, hey, have at it.

the underlying problem is we (as a country) are doing very little to stop/prevent the spread.

(hell, i will add, all this testing.. what does it all matter if you aren't taking the knowledge it gives you to change your behavior and tackle the problem?

Oh, we are having a huge rise in cases in the Dakotas? Good to know.... party on, Dakotas!

Edited by yoladu

Demeanor?!? /uncleleo 

Watch the very end of that CNN clip.  Must be his PR woman, but her body language when he storms out and she walks over to the journalist and just shrugs, puts up her hands, and tilts her head like, "What can I do?  He's a childish asshole, but I'm stuck with him."  

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

2 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

Awwwww

The much more significant thing here is the judge's finding and holding that Trump was not a government employee acting within the scope of his employment when he made the defamatory comment.

If that were the case, then not only could DOJ "intervene" to represent him, but the case would have to be dismissed on sovereign immunity.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

he's really ending this thing in style.

You know, that whole prepaid taxes thing.

He doesn't want to release his returns, fine.  Surely he has a canceled check or two laying around made out to the IRS that he (or his accountants) could release showing that he did, in fact pay the IRS large sums of money, right?

Look, we all know he's lying his ass off for that's all he's ever done.  But this is something so easily proven on his end, and it wouldn't involve him releasing his precious tax returns.

EDIT: and in the last debate, he said the $750 was a "filing fee".  Anyone else remember that?

Edited by Francisco 2.0
  • Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

he's a deranged psychopath.

The great red wave is COVID and it's accurate.  

Oh, and 225,000+ dead.  Yep, he's got this fixed!  Nothing else to do now but celebrate maskless crammed in at a DOTARD rally.  

Edited by Mdhorn

7 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

You know, that whole prepaid taxes thing.

He doesn't want to release his returns, fine.  Surely he has a canceled check or two laying around made out to the IRS that he (or his accountants) could release showing that he did, in fact pay the IRS large sums of money, right?

Look, we all know he's lying his ass off for that's all he's ever done.  But this is something so easily proven on his end, and it wouldn't involve him releasing his precious tax returns.

EDIT: and in the last debate, he said the $750 was a "filing fee".  Anyone else remember that?

I only remember him saying he didn't pay taxes because he's smart.  https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/trump-taxes-smart/

12 hours ago, mchookem said:

i do think the current strain is less lethal than we saw back in the spring/early summer. it's mutated, perhaps so it no longer kills its host so quickly - isn't that what organisms do? 

That is exactly what pathogens, especially viruses do. They evolve to become more transmissible but less lethal. Until a new mutant strain pops up and rinse repeat.

Didn't you ever see, or read, The Andromeda Strain?

17 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This is the funniest tweet he has in a long time, I really hope he keeps this format up. 

“Hunter Biden is a criminal and should be locked up for the bigly crimes he committed as proven by the laptop that the fake news media won’t cover!! Also, I do not have syphilis”

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 2

Trump didn’t prepay his taxes. He’s saying he prepaid them because he lost so much money, literally a billion dollars in horrible business decisions, he didn’t have to pay taxes for like 15 years. He’s such a shitty businessman and lost so much money, he got tax credits for 15 years 

that’s how he “prepaid”

• Like 2

Someone should ask Donald Trump about James Madison's thoughts on the press.  The original version of the First Amendment described freedom of the press as "one of the great bulwarks of liberty".  A major underpinning of that freedom is the concept that the press not only can criticize the government and uncover governmental wrongdoings, it has a duty to do so.

14 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

This is the funniest tweet he has in a long time, I really hope he keeps this format up. 

“Hunter Biden is a criminal and should be locked up for the bigly crimes he committed as proven by the laptop that the fake news media won’t cover!! Also, I do not have syphilis”

We're about two weeks away from that ^^

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, either he doesn't understand how Deferred Tax adjustments work (even though they share the same initials) or he thinks he prepaid his taxes for the next 10 years by sending Eric in disguise to the Walgreen's on H Street to grab a bunch of prepaid $750 Visa cards from the kiosk and Eric forgot to activate them at the register.  

28 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Yeah, either he doesn't understand how Deferred Tax adjustments work (even though they share the same initials) or he thinks he prepaid his taxes for the next 10 years by sending Eric in disguise to the Walgreen's on H Street to grab a bunch of prepaid $750 Visa cards from the kiosk and Eric forgot to activate them at the register.  

He’s just lying. As usual. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Swine Flu was so bad I don’t even remember it.

You could give me nine guesses as to which of the eight years of Biden’s vice presidency did swine flu occur.  And I’d still get it wrong And I’m kinda up to speed on current events.  But Coronavirus 2020 is seared into every American’s brain forever.

But I’m sure a year from now he’ll try to pin all the bad shot of 2020 because that’s when Biden was elected.   

1 hour ago, 4th&Five said:

Also, I PREPAID many Millions of Dollars in Taxes.

this doesn't seem like a good example of the genius tax moves his sycophants claim he professes.

Edited by yoladu
  • Hook 'Em 1

45 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Swine Flu was so bad I don’t even remember it.

Swine flu killed an estimated 12,000 Americans. In the past decade, seasonal flu killed three times that number (an estimated 37,000+ Americans) each year. The swine flu epidemic in the US would have tied for the mildest flu season since 2010.

If that’s failure, I’d take it in a heartbeat over the massive success Trump is having with COVID.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Swine flu killed an estimated 12,000 Americans. In the past decade, seasonal flu killed three times that number (an estimated 37,000+ Americans) each year. The swine flu epidemic in the US would have tied for the mildest flu season since 2010.

If that’s failure, I’d take it in a heartbeat over the massive success Trump is having with COVID.

It’s such a weird move to invite the comparison. 12K is such a comparatively small number of people that died and how many of those people’s families are blaming the federal government? 

They can talk about “if swine flu was as deadly/contagious as COVID blah blah”, but to what end exactly? After complaining about government overreach in shutting things down/mandating masks now the Obama/Biden administrations should have taken some of those same steps for a less serious disease? Why do I have to do the work to figure out what the fuck you are even alleging. It’s a thesis and then...nothing.

It’s just “but Obama worse” and the followers go forth to annoy their family members with this half baked bullshit. 

Edited by UncleSonny