Donald Trump 2020

Francisco 2.0

https://www.thedailybeast.com/mary-trump-donald-trumps-niece-is-writing-a-tell-all-book-that-details-how-she-leaked-tax-papers-to-nyt?ref=home

Donald Trump’s niece, his deceased brother’s daughter, is set to publish a tell-all book this summer that will detail “harrowing and salacious” stories about the president, according to people with knowledge of the project.

Mary Trump, 55, the daughter of Fred Trump Jr. and Fred Trump Sr.’s eldest grandchild, is scheduled to release Too Much And Never Enough on August 11th, just weeks before the Republican National Convention.

One of the most explosive revelations Mary will detail in the book, according to people familiar with the matter, is how she played a critical role helping The New York Times print startling revelations about Trump’s taxes, including how he was involved in “fraudulent” tax schemes and had received more than $400 million in today’s dollars from his father’s real-estate empire.

As she is set to outline in her book, Mary was a primary source for the paper's Pulitzer Prize-winning investigation, supplying Fred Trump Sr.’s tax returns and other highly confidential family financial documentation to the paper. 

Details of the book are being closely guarded by its publisher, Simon & Schuster, but The Daily Beast has learned that Mary plans to include conversations with Trump’s sister, retired federal judge Maryanne Trump Barry, that contain intimate and damning thoughts about her brother, according to people with knowledge of the matter. 

Mary Trump has kept out of the public eye and has not spoken publicly in decades—but in 2000, amidst a bitter family court battle over Fred Trump Sr.’s will, she told the New York Daily News, "Given this family, it would be utterly naive to say it has nothing to do with money. But for both me and my brother, it has much more to do with that our father [Fred Jr.] be recognized," she said.

Spoiler

Fred Trump Jr., the firstborn son and once the heir apparent to his father’s real estate empire, worked for Trans World Airlines after turning his back on the family business.

He died in 1981 aged just 42 from a heart attack owing to complications from his alcoholism, leaving behind a son, Fred the 3rd, and daughter Mary, who has a Ph.D. in clinical psychology.

The circumstances of Fred Trump Jr.’s descent into alcoholism are also aired in the book, with allegations that Donald and Fred Trump Sr. contributed to his death and neglected him at critical stages of his addiction.

In a 2019 interview, Donald Trump admitted to pressuring his brother over his career choices but said he had come to regret it. “I do regret having put pressure on him,” Trump told The Washington Post. Discussing his brother and the family business Trump said it “was just something he was never going to want” to do. 

“It was just not his thing. . .  I think the mistake that we made was we assumed that everybody would like it. That would be the biggest mistake. . . .There was sort of a double pressure put on him,” Trump admitted.

After Fred Jr.’s children brought their messy court case against the family—contesting their grandfather’s will and alleging it was “procured by fraud and undue influence” on the part of Donald and his siblings—they highlighted Donald’s callous treatment of family members as he, along with siblings Maryanne and Robert, cut off the medical benefits to his nephew’s sick child William, who was born with cerebral palsy. The move, the family said at the time, was payback for Mary and Fred the 3rd’s challenge to the will.

That court case produced a treasure trove of confidential and highly sensitive Trump family financial documents, including Fred Trump Sr.’s tax returns, which almost two decades later would fall into the hands of The New York Times and form the basis for one of the most stunning pieces of journalism in recent years. 

In June of 2019, The Daily Beast reported how The New York Times Trump tax team imploded when four-time Pulitzer Prize winner David Barstow went rogue, aggressively pursuing a source of their groundbreaking investigation to ghostwrite their book and secure a six-figure payday—a move explicitly forbidden by the Times’ ethics rules.  

That story detailed how Barstow went behind his colleagues’ backs and pursued the source—who was not his source to begin with—even after his editors told him not to do the book. 

Barstow even went so far as to make a surprise visit to the source’s residence after they ceased communications with him, staying at least three hours, and ringing the front and back doorbells multiple times as the person hid in their home.

“The source was freaked out. The source felt invaded. They ended up hiding until he left the residence,” a person with knowledge of the situation told The Daily Beast at the time, adding that the source considered calling the police. 

While Times Executive Editor Dean Baquet backed Barstow over his questionable ethical decisions and Barstow claimed he acted appropriately, he soon left the paper to take up a position leading the University of California Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism’s investigative reporting program. 

At the time of publication, The Daily Beast did not name the source and took extensive measures to protect their identity. In the upcoming book, however, Mary Trump will out herself as a source for the Times and detail her involvement working with journalists Russ Buettner, Susanne Craig, and Barstow to crack the story, according to people with knowledge of the matter. 

The book is sure to send shock waves through Washington and the Trump family just months before the election and it comes hot on the heels of John Bolton’s much-anticipated memoir. But unlike all the books by former Trump staffers, this is the first time a Trump family member has written a tell-all that is highly critical of The President.

The bad blood between President Trump and his niece dates back 20 years to the fight over Fred Trump Sr.’s will and the actions he took to cut off financial medical support for her brother’s ill child. Now that feud is about to spill out into the public eye during a critical election year, with the president struggling to shore up his plummeting popularity.

“My aunt and uncles should be ashamed of themselves,” Mary Trump said about Donald Trump and his siblings in that rare 2000 interview, which provides a preview of the tone of her book. “I'm sure they are not.”

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Stephen Miller and it's not even close 

Agree to disagree. More than any perceived racism, the heart of our country’s issues comes from inequality that’s not racially based, but determined by our monetary policy and bastardization of capitalism by pieces of shit like Mnuchin. 

Wall St privatizes gains and socializes losses and propel like Mnuchin prey on the losers. 

And before anyone gives me some bullshit take about how it’s a R thing, google Jon Corzine, who Obama called “an honorable man” and one of his “best partners in the White House”. I’d say he’s a good place to start although it’s almost endless. Truly a both sides issue that’s completely fucked our country. 

Edited by GRHorn
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Wasn’t Whitaker in the admin for like a week?  No one other than right wing super PACs will buy that stupid book.

Four months. November, 2018 - March, 2019. At least that was his time as acting Atty General. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

1 hour ago, GRHorn said:

Agree to disagree. More than any perceived racism, the heart of our country’s issues comes from inequality that’s not racially based, but determined by our monetary policy and bastardization of capitalism by pieces of shit like Mnuchin. 

Wall St privatizes gains and socializes losses and propel like Mnuchin prey on the losers. 

And before anyone gives me some bullshit take about how it’s a R thing, google Jon Corzine, who Obama called “an honorable man” and one of his “best partners in the White House”. I’d say he’s a good place to start although it’s almost endless. Truly a both sides issue that’s completely fucked our country. 

Why not both?  They both have a ticket on the North Atlantic cage cruise. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why not both?  They both have a ticket on the North Atlantic cage cruise. 

Because one is a big boss that is truly the problem and the other is a diversion for people like CR posters. 

The elite of both parties give no thought to Miller. They’re relieved that someone like Mnuchin is in there. 

2 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Munchin is probably the worst person in the administration. One of the worst that our society has to offer. Big example of the rot that our financial system is causing in our country. 

Pos rep. at last something we agree on. Now, for the love of god, would you please change your avatar?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Gil Bang said:

Whitaker is the guy responsible for my cock no longer dipping into the toilet water, correct?

I think so. None of the articles I have bookmarked on him specify what specific scams were being run by World Patent Marketing. But I think the toilet with extra room fir your huge junk was one of them. I also seem to recall they were taking investments for the development of some sort of time machine. 

Edited by WhatTheBuck

3 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think so. None of the articles I have bookmarked on him specify what specific scams were being run by World Patent Marketing. But I think the toilet with extra room fir your huge junk was in me of them. I also seem to recall they were taking investments for the development of some sort of time machine. 

image.png.6524c2da4c8f5b492723c78b5a32c1f1.png

4 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I think so. None of the articles I have bookmarked on him specify what specific scams were being run by World Patent Marketing. But I think the toilet with extra room fir your huge junk was in me of them. I also seem to recall they were taking investments for the development of some sort of time machine. 

Sorry bro, your fantasy, not mine. 

• Like 1

Joe's going to moonwalk onto the stage at the first debate. Then before each answer he'll pause with an "excuse me, jack", flip a bottled water behind his back, rip off the lid, then stare down Donald while downing the entirety. 

Even money there’s no debate or it’ll be some sort of free for all.
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Eskimohorn said:

Even money there’s no debate or it’ll be some sort of free for all.

I think it will be a debate over the internet in which the two men are not even in the same room.  Joe should just sit there and, before he answers each question, reach for his glass of water and take a swig. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Oops. Talk about an unfortunate autocorrected typo. 

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Dart Bruce would be better. 

Starting to think that it may not have been an autocorrect.... NTTAWWT

https://www.axios.com/john-mcentee-white-house-trump-a799d519-aa2f-4e3d-b081-601f8193d75d.html

President Trump, in a highly unusual new effort, has begun making significant staffing changes inside top federal agencies without the consent — and, in at least one case, without even the knowledge — of the agency head, according to officials familiar with the effort.

Why it matters: This campaign — helmed by Trump's loyalty enforcer, a 30-year-old former body man who now runs hiring for the government — is part of the systematic purging or reassigning of those deemed insufficiently supportive of Trump.

The effort's pace has alarmed top officials, according to 11 current and former officials with direct knowledge of the situation.

Trump has empowered John McEntee, director of the Presidential Personnel Office, in a way his predecessors never were. In his short time on the job, McEntee has flexed this power, steamrolling Cabinet officials and agency heads to install his chosen candidates.

An extraordinary scene played out late in the morning on March 26, according to two administration officials with direct knowledge of the events, when Chad Wolf, the acting secretary of homeland security, learned he would have a new head of public affairs at his agency.

A crucial position such as this would normally be appointed only with the agency head’s support. But Wolf learned about his new public affairs chief, Alexei Woltornist, by reading the White House's public press release.

Wolf was furious, according to these sources. He called the White House Situation Room to try to reach McEntee to find out how this could happen without his knowledge, let alone consent. And he complained privately to colleagues about how PPO treated him.

McEntee's PPO has also clashed with the acting chief of immigration and customs enforcement over personnel, as Politico first reported.

Spoiler

Wolf is an acting Cabinet secretary, so McEntee can overrule him on staffing in a way he wouldn’t do with a favored Cabinet official like Mike Pompeo. And given the importance that both the president and his conservative allies place on immigration, they are determined to install their preferred political appointees at the Department of Homeland Security.

In this instance, Wolf succeeded in saving — at least for the time being — his existing head of public affairs, Dirk Vande Beek, who had only recently been hired at DHS. Vande Beek remains in charge of DHS public affairs, and Woltornist is working as his deputy.

McEntee also bulldozed Dale Cabaniss, the head of the Office of Personnel Management — the federal government's HR department. Politico reported that she quit in March because of "poor treatment" from McEntee. Sources familiar with the situation shared additional details with Axios.

Without Cabaniss' consent, McEntee appointed Paul Dans as a new White House liaison to OPM.

Dans came in and immediately told his Senate-confirmed boss that everything she did would now have to go through him. He also told Cabaniss she would be getting a new chief of staff, whether she liked it or not.

Cabaniss pushed back and phoned McEntee to try to overrule Dans' decision about her new chief of staff. McEntee bluntly told her she had to follow Dans' orders. She then quit.

And, to the growing frustration of Defense Secretary Mark Esper, McEntee is trying to exert more control over staffing at the Defense Department. Trump's conservative allies have long told the president he needs more loyalists there, per two sources with direct knowledge.

Before McEntee took over PPO, Esper had already made selections, which the White House had cleared, to fill a number of vacancies. But McEntee restarted the selection process and overrode Esper's decisions on key positions.

For example, Esper had green-lit Katie Wheelbarger to be the deputy undersecretary of defense for intelligence and security. McEntee overruled that decision, even though the White House had already announced her nomination in a press release.

McEntee killed the nomination of Elaine McCusker as the Pentagon's comptroller, also over Esper's objections. The Senate already had her paperwork. 

And Esper had decided to promote David Trulio to an assistant secretary position, but McEntee squashed that plan and moved Trulio to the Export-Import Bank. This was coupled with Trump's firing of John Rood, the Pentagon's undersecretary for policy.

Despite this, Wheelbarger and McCusker still remain at the Pentagon in acting positions. McEntee simply blocked Esper from getting them into Senate-confirmed roles.

The big picture: McEntee is doing exactly what Trump wants him to do, administration officials say. And his moves have thrilled conservative activists, who've long urged Trump to purge his administration of insufficiently loyal officials and to install people who, in their view, will more aggressively implement his agenda.

But many others at the senior levels of Trump's government are sounding alarms about the loss of expertise and institutional knowledge, as well as unnecessary controversy.

McEntee has appointed at least three college seniors to administration posts well beyond their experience, as Politico has reported. He's also approved controversial hires that have brought about internal complaints at several agencies.

A new McEntee appointee to the United States' foreign aid agency, Merritt Corrigan, is an illustrative example.

Two sources with direct knowledge said that before McEntee took over, Trump's PPO had blocked Corrigan for an administration role specifically because their research quickly found she had a history of making anti-gay statements. But McEntee pushed her through.

Corrigan has since attracted media attention for her past public statements, including her complaints about America's businesses being oppressed by a "homo-empire."

Corrigan's and other recent controversial hires at USAID have sparked such an uproar from staff inside the agency that acting Administrator John Barsa felt compelled to issue a statement defending the new appointees.

In response to this reporting, White House deputy press secretary Sarah Matthews said in a statement: "John McEntee is an invaluable member of the White House and he's been doing an excellent job leading the critical Presidential Personnel Office which is responsible for staffing up hundreds of political jobs across the federal agencies." The Department of Homeland Security, the Pentagon and the Office of Personnel Management did not respond to requests for comment.

In response to Axios' questions about USAID's recent controversial hires, acting spokeswoman Pooja Jhunjhunwala said: "USAID has the finest workforce in the federal government, and we stand by the professionalism of our employees."

"While I cannot speak directly to any of the specific cases or allegations due to privacy concerns, let me be clear: there is a zero tolerance policy of any form of discrimination or harassment based on gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or any other possible distinguishing characteristic..."

Between the lines: McEntee tests job seekers' loyalty to Trump in informal conversations, and he has formalized this emphasis in a new "research questionnaire."

Axios has obtained McEntee's questionnaire for potential political appointees. CNN first reported the existence of the document.

One question on the form: "What part of Candidate Trump's campaign message most appealed to you and why?"

We've uploaded the previous version of the questionnaire and McEntee's new version:

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6944136-Old-Questionnaire.html

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/6944137-New-Questionnaire.html