Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away

InkaUtexas

7 minutes ago, Texas_Rocks said:

lol! I have no doubt that the “working from home” issue is going to result in a few divorces.

The “cause and effect” theory is going to be wide reaching.

Wife's "home office" is on our barndominium at the farm about 10 minutes away from the house; mine is actually at home. We both work from "home" regularly and still haven't killed each other yet. If we were both inside the house 24x7 it would be terrible. 

• Like 1

Ten years ago I woulda loved this...stay home for two weeks drinking, playing movies and video games, and avoiding people would be heaven.  

Now, we are trying to find ways to avoid killing the kids...particularly the 3yo daughter...the 6yo boy is pretty self sufficient and easy going but my 3yo is already on her third meltdown today.  The thought of 14+ more days like this has my blood pressure rising. 

2 year old and a 6 month old. Kill me

made what I hope is the last outing for the next week this morn.  went to target for some basic non-paper essentials.  surprisingly not too many shoppers at 9:45a.  

all the cleaning supplies except laundry detergent were gone, but i wasnt looking for that anyway. 

gonna be a real boring next 2 weeks.

Last night my niece was telling me about a thread on some college board where people are trying to help others that are looking to take advantage of their extended break by traveling abroad. Getting to a lot of the places that they want to go to is apparently the only hurdle they’re concerned with. Several people wanted to travel to Italy. THAT SHIT IS NOT A JOKE.

The only explanation I can come up with is that these kids do everything humanly possible to avoid all news sources in general.

1 hour ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

This may have already been posted, but sharing here in case it hasn't been. It's good. It's posted publicly on FB by an emergency physician in Dallas (Cara Norvell, you can look her up and she has posted subsequent things):

I like her.  Can we get her to post here after this is over?

75210303_10114725201240595_5922305828651

19 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

You're telling me a second grader, fourth grader hell seventh grader is going to take that shit seriously and buckle down and get shit done (especially if no parents around to enforce)

That's different from in-person school how exactly?

6 minutes ago, Gardner Barnes said:

Headed to the BSW clinic up by domain. Apparently they test there and she is eligible.

Call them before you arrive.  Unless you are 100% certain of what entrance to use or their procedures, you can actually create problems if you walk in via the wrong door.  They might have to quarantine healthcare workers because of a simple mistake.

and to be honest, I don’t think a test is necessary with a minor fever. Just treat it like you all have it, and hang at home for 2 full weeks.  Going in for the test can actually put you at risk since there are other sick people there. 

Prepare yourselves.  National lockdown coming soon.

Dr. Antony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, urged Americans to shut down more aggressively as the coronavirus spreads.

On MSNBC’s “Meet the Press” Mr. Fauci endorsed a 14-day “national shutdown” to help slow down the virus. He explained that he has brought it up with the administration, which is generally open to his ideas.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/mar/15/anthony-fauci-urges-coronavirus-national-shutdown/

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

Eh, I'm not saying she made the right decision, but death of an immediate family member and hasn't seen any of them in 2 years. She's fully aware of the risks and implications. Some circumstances unfortunately take precedence over being cautious. The real issue is travel still being allowed.

My post was completely tongue-in-cheek, based on some of your other posts. I apologize if it was taken seriously. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Call them before you arrive.  Unless you are 100% certain of what entrance to use or their procedures, you can actually create problems if you walk in via the wrong door.  They might have to quarantine healthcare workers because of a simple mistake.

and to be honest, I don’t think a test is necessary with a minor fever. Just treat it like you all have it, and hang at home for 2 full weeks.  Going in for the test can actually put you at risk since there are other sick people there. 

You have to go online, fill out a form with your symptoms, then get approval.

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Gf went home to Brazil to be with family for 10 days. Very curious to see if she gets back in.

Ask her to bring back a hot female cousin that wants to live Houston.

are Brazil flights being routed to screening areas ?

• Haha 1

Anyone wanting testing in Austin on N Burnet. 

But not anyone can just show up. 

Patients must first fill out an online questionnaire, and medical staff will look that over and refer the potential person on the best course to take. It could mean receiving a referral to the actual drive-up clinic, or recommendations on hygiene and social distancing. It could also mean an electronic visit with a provider.

https://www.kxan.com/news/coronavirus/drive-up-coronavirus-test-clinic-opens-in-north-austin/

Headed to the BSW clinic up by domain. Apparently they test there and she is eligible.

Just got back from there. Couple things...make sure you fill out the form online and talk to a nurse beforehand. They won’t test you if they haven’t approved it ahead of time. Be prepared to wait. Took about an hour and there were only 6 or 7 cars ahead of me when I got there. It hurts. It’s not like a flu test where they stick a little swab up your nose. It’s a full fucking qtip on a sturdy stick. Jammed it hard up into my nostrils, and literally made my head rock back. An hour later and it still feels like somebody poked me in the eyeballs. Maybe the nurse was just a dick, but there’s only one doing the tests so you’ll get her also. 48 hour turn time is what they told me to expect. I’d hit up a minute clinic first to get a flu and strep test before going to the BSW drive thru
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Skipper said:

I think this is a big fucking deal and the public is not taking this serious but I think your numbers are WAY OFF.   I haven't seen a single expert, including those very critical of the way we (and the federal and state govts) are handling this, predict anything close to those numbers at the moment.   We're going to get there but not in a 5-7 day period.

You might as well just punch yourself in your face. It will be more productive than attempting any reason with a fucking nurse who has melted so completely down that he’s abandoned his health care responsibilities in a time of need in order to shelter in place and flip down every 2 hours on this thread. 

11 minutes ago, Message Board User said:

I believe this is vindication for Junior Miller. He and GreenspointTexas were telling us of these cases and the Houston versions 2 weeks ago. 

• Like 3

Just now, SquishMitten said:

Just got back from there. Couple things...make sure you fill out the form online and talk to a nurse beforehand. They won’t test you if they haven’t approved it ahead of time. Be prepared to wait. Took about an hour and there were only 6 or 7 cars ahead of me when I got there. It hurts. It’s not like a flu test where they stick a little swab up your nose. It’s a full fucking qtip on a sturdy stick. Jammed it hard up into my nostrils, and literally made my head rock back. An hour later and it still feels like somebody poked me in the eyeballs. Maybe the nurse was just a dick, but there’s only one doing the tests so you’ll get her also. 48 hour turn time is what they told me to expect. I’d hit up a minute clinic first to get a flu and strep test before going to the BSW drive thru

Why did you go?  What symptoms did you present?  I hope your test is negative.

• hayden_horn changed the title to Formerly DT: COVID-19 - Featuring Lots of Politics, now CR because political talk not going away