CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

31 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Makes perfect sense but we don't know how long immunity lasts, either through vaccine or actually having COVID. Already, we are talking about vaccine boosters. My antibodies from March 2020 infection were gone by December 2020 (yet we don't know if I still was carrying natural immunity).

Do this: white shirt, simple black writing:

Reach out and let him know you're doing, donate the proceeds to Democrats running against Abbott, Rand Paul, DeSantis or charity groups and I bet he'd be 100% on board.

I just saw that Isbell is requiring all attendees at his shows to be vaxxed moving forward. If a venue can't make that happen, he won't play.

Yeah, I will reach out to him on it.  I am going to make some other shirts as well. Those I will split the difference on.  Half goes to beat the assholes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pyrohornIII said:

We have a large Kubota dealer in the area, and he usually has well stocked yards and he finances them himself, not under an inventory program.   His stock has dwindled considerably, like from 50 to 5 on pretty much all models and implements.   Not sure if he is scaling back on purpose because he's not getting the sales, or he's having trouble getting stock.  Possibly a combination.   But scarcity of materials is definitely a consequence of this.   

Friend has been on a Kubota waitlist for last 4 months. He ended up with a JD, that was also extremely low pickings. His first choice was a Mahindra and they didn’t even have an idea when they’d be getting stock back. Think he was running a 200-mile radius from Belleville area in his search. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Picture of Donald Trump.

"Patriots will do what President Trump asks and Take the Trump Vaccine to Defeat the China Virus!"

Could be shortened up, but I'm just workshopping something that will stir up the Trumpers and confuse the fuck out of them.

Yes Yes Yes.  I think we have a whole offering of shirts.  

11 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Holy fuck. 14 beds in the whole damn county.

I am curious how ICU beds are classified in that tweet. I thought this infographic from TMC was helpful breaking out ICU status for the med center. Either way it is getting gnarly in not a good way. 

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-8-9-2021_Page_13.png

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Makes perfect sense but we don't know how long immunity lasts, either through vaccine or actually having COVID. Already, we are talking about vaccine boosters. My antibodies from March 2020 infection were gone by December 2020 (yet we don't know if I still was carrying natural immunity).

Do this: white shirt, simple black writing:

Reach out and let him know you're doing, donate the proceeds to Democrats running against Abbott, Rand Paul, DeSantis or charity groups and I bet he'd be 100% on board.

I just saw that Isbell is requiring all attendees at his shows to be vaxxed moving forward. If a venue can't make that happen, he won't play.

I have tweeted at him.  I could not DM him.  Let me see what he says.  

7 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Even the American Academy of Pediatrics is sick of the FDA's slow playing.

E8WcpDVWQAYmpKD?format=png&name=4096x409

If they issued an EUA on the mRNA vaccines tomorrow.....holy shit, your local HEB and CVS are going to be SLAMMED.  And by the way, that would be GREAT.  Let folks protect their kids who are about to go back to in-person school, AND also eliminate a large chunk of the population as likely vectors for additional transmission?  Win-win.

So.....we won't do it.  We'll just continue to shoot ourselves in the dick.

• Hook 'Em 3

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

If they issued an EUA on the mRNA vaccines tomorrow.....holy shit, your local HEB and CVS are going to be SLAMMED.  And by the way, that would be GREAT.  Let folks protect their kids who are about to go back to in-person school, AND also eliminate a large chunk of the population as likely vectors for additional transmission?  Win-win.

So.....we won't do it.  We'll just continue to shoot ourselves in the dick.

I still don't get why only like 30% of teens who could get a vaccine now have actually done so. Seems like that could be a place to quickly help things as they are the ones that cross over so many groups.

14 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

I am curious how ICU beds are classified in that tweet. I thought this infographic from TMC was helpful breaking out ICU status for the med center. Either way it is getting gnarly in not a good way. 

TMC-COVID-19-Monitoring-Metrics-8-9-2021_Page_13.png

I went to the bunch he cited and if they have a running tally I can't find it.

23 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I’m dealing with some health issues (unrelated to Covid—I’m fully vaccinated) but concerned if it winds up being either cancer or something that requires surgery with all this going on. Well shit I’m scared anyway. But people have really shown their asses on this pandemic. Fortunately, my family (all who are able to be vaccinated—where it’s not a health restriction or age) is vaccinated so I don’t have to get into arguments with them. I got off FB last fall because of all the dumbassery I see. With friends and acquaintances if I hear one more fucking time “the jab” or “Im doing my own research” or “the ones that got vaccinated are the ones getting sick” or “they are exaggerating the numbers of people with Covid—people are dying from other stuff and they are just saying it’s Covid” —I may have to start canceling people out of my daily life. There is not enough time in my day. Thrilled to see most people here are vaccinated and are taking all of this seriously. I’ve reached my level of give a fuck about those who are not for “reasons” that don’t include age or restrictions for health. 

This is the real problem for those of us in the "fuck 'em if they're not vaccinated by this point" group. I relayed the story of my buddy's wife in SA Friday before last. His wife had blood clots in her brain -- possibly from her bout with COVID back in Jan/Feb -- and they were almost unable to find a room (I had to call in a favor with a childhood friend who is CEO of said hospital in SA) because of all the COVID-sick fuckers there. My buddy said it was like a third-world country.

Then I see I stories from people up here in Dallas that are seeing 3/4 empty floors at hospitals but it's the most capacity they can run due to staffing issues. This is not the time to require serious medical attention in the South (and Texas).

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Thanos wasn't wrong, per se.

I am pretty sure it is wrong - per se. Destruction masked as creation is a favorite tool of monsters.

But you make a strong point about how tolerant we have been towards the voluntarily unvaccinated. They are testing boundaries, and I know my tolerance of them is waning. 

Most Americans just want the saboteurs out of the way. 

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

If Abbott limited the penalty to a max of $1000 for any entity that defies his mask ban, then it would definitely seem like he's privately ok if any entity defies it. He has the protection that he tried to prevent it and school districts can do whatever they want.  If an ISD superintendent brings in senior administration to discuss the matter for over a handful of minutes, they will waste over $1000 in wages in that discussion.

If it's truly limited to $1,000, that's really strange and does open the door to most districts doing what they want.

Shit, the athletic departments will pay for that if it means they can keep sports going.

If it's limited, that's a way out for the districts to do as they please, but it could make Abbott look bad if all of the librool districts thumb their nose at him, and his primary challengers (who are the reason he ordered no mask mandates) will go after him even more, which means he'll come back with something even more draconian.

I truly hope it's a max of $1,000.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Friend has been on a Kubota waitlist for last 4 months. He ended up with a JD, that was also extremely low pickings. His first choice was a Mahindra and they didn’t even have an idea when they’d be getting stock back. Think he was running a 200-mile radius from Belleville area in his search. 

idiocracy-landscape.JPG

37 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Life comes at you fast using the Joe Rogan research method 

Dr Eli David dirty deleted the original tweet.

giphy.gif

34 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

I still don't get why only like 30% of teens who could get a vaccine now have actually done so. Seems like that could be a place to quickly help things as they are the ones that cross over so many groups.

If enough people who are not "kids" got the fucking vaccine, kids wouldn't have to. We'd have COVID licked without needing help from the kids.

15 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If it's truly limited to $1,000, that's really strange and does open the door to most districts doing what they want.

Shit, the athletic departments will pay for that if it means they can keep sports going.

If it's limited, that's a way out for the districts to do as they please, but it could make Abbott look bad if all of the librool districts thumb their nose at him, and his primary challengers (who are the reason he ordered no mask mandates) will go after him even more, which means he'll come back with something even more draconian.

I truly hope it's a max of $1,000.

I read on a Jim Schutze thread that it might be $1000/day fine.

7 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

First domino

This is a GoFundMe I'd be proud to support. Give that man a fucking high five!

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

The anti-vaxxers have been pushing stuff about this it affecting fertility amongst kids.

If it was actually true, and it was only while the vaccine was in the system, I know plenty of parents who would make sure their teenaged sons would be getting the vaccines every year, and boosters every 6 months.

• Haha 6

30 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I know this goes without saying, but fuck Ron DeSantis

The transparency of this current brand of buffoon governors is hilarious.  Shit is spiraling harder, as people told them that it inevitably would.  They couldn't help taking advantage by amassing "dumb points" they acquire by implementing empty gestures to emotional appeal.  And now the shit spiral that they were warned about is shit spiraling even harder than initially anticipated.  They get nervous.  They double down harder, which will last about two weeks.  Then they cave and backtrack.  And they won't face real consequences for the extra two weeks of dumb shit along with extra piles of dead bodies.  Rinse and repeat.  Doesn't matter; libs pwn3d!  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:

I know this goes without saying, but fuck Ron DeSantis

This is pretty fucking crazy.  He only won by 33,000 seats last time, it's killed off over 40,000 in his state, and I'm pretty sure that plenty of place in Florida have communities who could fund a GoFundMe for their superintendents ands school board members and raise their salaries in a day.

It's such an odd thing.   I get that they want to appease Trump and Trumpkins, but it's delving into self-sabotage territory in a bigly way.  They are trying to appease a fairly small group of diehard right-wingers, but they are driving up the turnout on the other side at the same time.

It's like he doesn't understand that a shitload of parents want their kids in schools, and masks will help with that, and he's willing to piss away the next election to try and keep mask mandates from happening.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Chooky said:

The transparency of this current brand of buffoon governors is hilarious.  Shit is spiraling harder, as people told them that it inevitably would.  They couldn't help taking advantage by amassing "dumb points" they acquire by implementing empty gestures to emotional appeal.  And now the shit spiral that they were warned about is shit spiraling even harder than initially anticipated.  They get nervous.  They double down harder, which will last about two weeks.  Then they cave and backtrack.  And they won't face real consequences for the extra two weeks of dumb shit along with extra piles of dead bodies.  Rinse and repeat.  Doesn't matter; libs pwn3d!  

It would be hilarious if lives and livelihoods weren't at stake.

7 minutes ago, C-Man said:

No one can figure that out yet, which I think is intentional. Still isn't a hurdle for the large districts, which is nice though.  180 school days = $180,000 = cost of 1 assistant principal, (salary + accompanying cost).

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, DDD Dad said:

It would be hilarious if lives and livelihoods weren't at stake.

Yeah, "hilarious" is definitely not the right word.  "Cartoonishly maniacal" or "adorably malevolent?"  I don't know.  Maybe I'm mirroring their lack of concern.

13 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

The anti-vaxxers have been pushing stuff about this it affecting fertility amongst kids.

This was one of my ex-wife's talking points early on when the vaccine came out. My 16-year-old daughter's sheer determination appears to have won out and we've got Pfiizer #1 done. Ex is saying it will be months before she allows her to get the second. Not sure quite how to handle this next one but one is better than none. Non-starter thus far with my 13-year-old son. Beyond frustrating.

• Rage+1 4

I like Lamar Jackson. But he's one dumb motherfucker. Tested positive twice for COVID. Doesn't know if he'll get vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/us/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-covid/index.html

(CNN)Baltimore Ravens quarterback Lamar Jackson has now had Covid-19 twice, but when asked by reporters Monday whether the Ravens have spoken to him about getting vaccinated, he was noncommittal on vaccines.

"I just got off the Covid list, so I've got to talk to my team about this and try to see how they feel about it," he said. "I'm going to keep grinding as much as I can about it, and go from there."

He was asked again if he would get vaccinated.

"We'll see. Talking to the doctors. We'll see," he said. He later added he felt getting the vaccine was a personal decision.

"I'm just going to worry about that with my family, keep my feelings to my family and myself. I'm focused on getting better right now. I can't dwell on that right now on how everybody else feels -- just trying to get back into a great routine," he said.

Pro athletes and leagues are sometimes at odds over vaccines, much like the rest of America

Jackson tested positive for the second time in July before training camp and said he was upset by it.

"What the? Again?! It was crazy. I was heartbroken because I wasn't looking forward to that all. Right before camp it was like, not again. Not right now. But it's over with," Jackson said, adding he was fatigued and slept a lot.

"But I'm glad to be back. Ten days being off, I didn't like it at all," he said.

Jackson first tested positive in late November 2020, according to the NFL Network and ESPN. It was during this time the Ravens were struggling to manage a Covid outbreak among players -- at one point placing 20 players on the Reserve/Covid-19 list.

Vaccinated players that test positive and remain asymptomatic are eligible to return after testing negative twice in a 24-hour span, according to league protocols.

Unvaccinated players are required to quarantine for 10 days and then test negative before they're able to return.

Jackson said Monday he didn't feel that having an unvaccinated quarterback was a disadvantage to the Ravens.

"I'm just going to follow the NFL protocols as much as I can, best I can. I'm not worried about it. Last year I came off Covid, I felt like we did pretty good," he said. "This year, I'm trying to do the same thing if anything. Just like I said, I'm going to follow the protocols."

Jackson's noncommittal to the vaccine comes as the NFL and other leagues try to combat vaccine hesitancy among players. Buffalo Bills wide receiver Cole Beasley tweeted in June he'd rather retire than get a vaccine, but in July said he was not "anti or pro vax. I'm pro choice."

CNN's Homero De la Fuente, Jill Martin and Ray Sanchez contributed to this report.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Even if true, that's a drop in the bucket for larger school districts.  AISD's annual budget is $1.6B.  That's $4.4M per calendar day (higher per school day, but if that's how they're accounting the penalty, that's even better).  

Hell, hold back that much of Robin Hood recapture.  Sue us, fucker.

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

This is pretty fucking crazy.  He only won by 33,000 seats last time, it's killed off over 40,000 in his state, and I'm pretty sure that plenty of place in Florida have communities who could fund a GoFundMe for their superintendents ands school board members and raise their salaries in a day.

It's such an odd thing.   I get that they want to appease Trump and Trumpkins, but it's delving into self-sabotage territory in a bigly way.  They are trying to appease a fairly small group of diehard right-wingers, but they are driving up the turnout on the other side at the same time.

It's like he doesn't understand that a shitload of parents want their kids in schools, and masks will help with that, and he's willing to piss away the next election to try and keep mask mandates from happening.

Does Little Marco's stance on this align with DeSantis? Looking at the Florida covid map, I can't imagine their citizens are pleased with their leadership, but then again, it is Florida. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I like Lamar Jackson. But he's one dumb motherfucker. Tested positive twice for COVID. Doesn't know if he'll get vaccinated.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/09/us/lamar-jackson-baltimore-ravens-covid/index.html

"I just got off the Covid list, so I've got to talk to my team about this and try to see how they feel about it," he said. "I'm going to keep grinding as much as I can about it, and go from there."

What exactly does he think his team is going to say about it? Keep doing your research? Lulz. 

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, C-Man said:

The League should jettison these fuckers if they don’t get vaxxed. Fuck them.  Spoiled titty babies the lot.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

The League should jettison these fuckers if they don’t get vaxxed. Fuck them.  Spoiled titty babies the lot.

I honestly think that’s what will happen. Especially if a team in contention has to forfeit a game or loses a game bc their star players aren’t vaccinated. I think it will be swift. I was listening to Ron Rivera (cancer survivor) pleading with his team to get vaccinated. The frustration in his voice and on his face…and yet not much progress on the vaccinations. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, Js1 said:

At this point, I think they don’t think Trump is running. These are despicable, vile actions to win them base points. It’s not even about ‘22 anymore 

Competing for that coveted Trump endorsement. If Trump doesn’t run and endorses DeSantis, he will be the GOP nominee in ‘24 and that scares the shit out of me

• Rage+1 1