CR: COVID-19 --Political Talk

Mrs Whiggins

1 hour ago, Jive Turkey said:

that's what i'm thinking.  he has too much to lose not to be vaccinated.  but he can lie and say he has COVID from his trip to Florida, took ivermectin (along with monoclonal antibodies), and is as good as new.  he's not under oath.  he's not breaking any laws by lying.

his goons will eat it up and not get vaccinated.  he's playing to his fanbase.

Lots of deaths in the bodybuilding community these days.  He sure seems to have aged poorly, wealth aside.  He may be vaxxed against covid, but the cocktail of crap he's on will cause him issues sooner or later.

Unsubstantiated nurse rumor update. 

Obviously most in the hospital are unvaccinated. Of those that are, J&J breakthrough most prevalent by far, a few Pfizer’s and zero moderna.

Also a bunch of nurses just up and quit last week. Had had it. It’s basically a nightmare with people dying including pregnant women losing babies and then fighting for their own lives.

Just the rumor mill so take it for what it’s worth, and no pics. 

Edited by JimmyJames

Not sure where to put this… from a friend:

“Oof…
Sister’s best friend from college got vaccinated. Was told by her parent’s she was no longer welcome in their house because she had “the chip”.
She begged her family to get her 98 year old grandmother vaccinated and her 32 year old brother with Down’s syndrome vaccinated. They refused. 
Grandma died from Covid last night. Her brother going to die tomorrow. 
Fuck people. His blood is on their hands.”

I really have to hope that story is bullshit, because if not….goddamn. We’re waging war against ourselves, and the death toll is going to blow all American wars out of the water.

If another country was doing this to us, we’d have nuked them. And here we are, doing it to ourselves.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I really have to hope that story is bullshit, because if not….goddamn. We’re waging war against ourselves, and the death toll is going to blow all American wars out of the water.

If another country was doing this to us, we’d have nuked them. And here we are, doing it to ourselves.

I got some family who might respond like that.  One of them currently resides in the ICU.  

1 hour ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Not sure where to put this… from a friend:

“Oof…

Sister’s best friend from college got vaccinated. Was told by her parent’s she was no longer welcome in their house because she had “the chip”.

She begged her family to get her 98 year old grandmother vaccinated and her 32 year old brother with Down’s syndrome vaccinated. They refused. 

Grandma died from Covid last night. Her brother going to die tomorrow. 

Fuck people. His blood is on their hands.”

They killed the brother with Down's. Period. End of story. Poor guy didn't know any better than what his fuck-head family told him.

• Rage+1 1

My buddy who is a pcp said covid cases from outpatient standpoint are still rising, but the inpatient and ICU censuses at the 2 trauma centers I go to have plateaued. So I’m cautiously optimistic we may be turning the corner in north Texas. UTSW projection looking better as well

https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/forecasting-model.html

image.png.0ec76df05f137601840cb0e1ac3a810b.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Sawbonz said:

My buddy who is a pcp said covid cases from outpatient standpoint are still rising, but the inpatient and ICU censuses at the 2 trauma centers I go to have plateaued. So I’m cautiously optimistic we may be turning the corner in north Texas. UTSW projection looking better as well

https://www.utsouthwestern.edu/covid-19/about-virus-and-testing/forecasting-model.html

Is there an archive of the earlier runs of their model.  Woudl be interesting to see how close they have been over the last few months.  

2 hours ago, GreenspointTexas said:

I would really like to hear someone who believes in this chip nonsense to explain to me, even if that technology existed, exactly how the chip is supposed to work.

16 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Well, if all else fails, we could put the Covid ICU patients on ventilators hooked up through their rectums. Believe it or not, breathing through your butt is a thing.

https://massivesci.com/articles/rectal-breathing-oxygen-enema-ventilators/

Well, duh. How else am I supposed to talk out of it?

Just now, Anastasis said:

Is there an archive of the earlier runs of their model.  Woudl be interesting to see how close they have been over the last few months.  

Not sure but I’ve posted 3 or four up to this point on this thread or the DT. From what I remember the black line had tracked right with predicted up until this one

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Not sure but I’ve posted 3 or four up to this point on this thread or the DT. From what I remember the black line had tracked right with predicted up until this one

Yeah, I remember you posting those previously, just couldn't remember how this one compares in detail. Is this showing an earlier peak or just a lower peak?

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Yeah, I remember you posting those previously, just couldn't remember how this one compares in detail. Is this showing an earlier peak or just a lower peak?

I think both. It fits more closely with scenario with higher vax rate (definitely seeing that up here) and increased mask usage (mixed bag anecdotally)

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Suzanna Lee needs to get free drinks for life.

I have a problem with this on several levels. You don’t deny healthcare services based on someone’s beliefs or behaviors. You just don’t. If you disagree you have no business being in this profession. Seriously get fucked

Also from a public health standpoint you have someone with symptoms and you are delaying getting a diagnosis. If they are positive we want to know ASAP yes even if they are literally Hitler

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

18 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I have a problem with this on several levels. You don’t deny healthcare services based on someone’s beliefs or behaviors. You just don’t. If you disagree you have no business being in this profession. Seriously get fucked

Also from a public health standpoint you have someone with symptoms and you are delaying getting a diagnosis. If they are positive we want to know ASAP yes even if they are literally Hitler

Counterpoint: fuck that cunt.  She is actively and enthusiastically making your job harder and putting lives at risk.  Tell her to take her own advice and hit up the tractor supply store.  Not a single medical resource should be wasted on someone who is able to be vaccinated and refuses to get vaccinated when hospitals are at a tipping point.

• Hook 'Em 5

34 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

I'm not in this profession.  And while I may agree with you in some hypothetical level, I am completely out of fucks to give right now about poor, poor Candace Owens, who might have to, gasp, wait a few days for test results with the rest of the hoi polloi who she's spent years arguing that access to basic healthcare should be removed from.  Fuck her.  If she wanted a reasoned discussion on access to healthcare maybe she and the rest of the right wing shouldn't have spent the past decade taking a sledge hammer to the social contract.

• Hook 'Em 4

we are now up to 1.5x the deaths of Americans we had in World War II, and some people still think it is a hoax.  Were Guadalcanal and the Ardennes Forrest a fucking joke also?

Why is science so hard to accept for these people?  In human history, how many real science discoveries have turned out as hoaxes? zero?

• Hook 'Em 3

https://kfor.com/news/local/patients-overdosing-on-ivermectin-backing-up-rural-oklahoma-hospitals-ambulances/

Video at link, can't imbed here.

A rural Oklahoma doctor said patients who are taking the horse de-wormer medication, ivermectin, to fight COVID-19 are causing emergency room and ambulance back ups.

“There’s a reason you have to have a doctor to get a prescription for this stuff, because it can be dangerous,” said Dr. Jason McElyea.

Dr. McElyea said patients are packing his eastern and southeastern Oklahoma hospitals after taking ivermectin doses meant for a full-sized horse, because they believed false claims the horse de-wormer could fight COVID-19.

“The ERs are so backed up that gunshot victims were having hard times getting to facilities where they can get definitive care and be treated,” he said.

That’s something McElyea said is now backing up ambulance systems as well.

“All of their ambulances are stuck at the hospital waiting for a bed to open so they can take the patient in and they don’t have any, that’s it,” said Dr. McElyea. “If there’s no ambulance to take the call, there’s no ambulance to come to the call.”

“Do not take medicine for animals,” Oklahoma stores sold out of horse deworming drug despite FDA warning about consumption 

The doctor said many of his patients aren’t afraid of ivermectin. Many of them have used it on their livestock.

Spoiler

“Growing up in a small town, rural area, we’ve all accidentally been exposed to ivermectin at some time. So, it’s something people are familiar with. Because of those accidental sticks, when trying to inoculate cattle, they’re less afraid of it,” he said.

Now, the rural patients are going into their local agricultural or tractor supply store, ignoring the warning signs surrounding the products, and figuring out a dosage themselves.

“Some people taking inappropriate doses have actually put themselves in worse conditions than if they’d caught COVID,” said the doctor.

Dr. McElyea said the patients are suffering from nausea, vomiting, muscle aches and cramping, and that’s only in minor cases.

“The scariest one that I’ve heard of and seen is people coming in with vision loss,” he said.

Florida Poison Control sees spike in calls from people taking livestock deworming drug ivermectin 

Even the manufacturer states there is no scientific basis or meaningful evidence Ivermectin is effective against COVID. However, many of the tractor supply stores say their shelves are empty.

“You have to ask yourself, ‘If I take this medicine, what am I going to do if something bad happens?’ What’s your next step, what’s your backup plan?” the doctor said. “If you’re going to take a medicine that could affect your health, do it with a doctor on board. Make those decisions with a thoroughly vetted opinion. There’s a lot of schooling that goes into that. It’s not just something you look on the internet for and decide if it’s the right dose.”

8 hours ago, Sawbonz said:

One of our customers works at Darnell on Fort Hood. Spoke to him yesterday and he said they are still getting worse. Went from 6 open ORs to 3, and they are preparing to go down to 2 next week if cases keep increasing. They are also staged to take in patients from off base because the region is saturated (tents in a parking garage).  He is an anesthetist and said they have been cross training to help reduce the burden on the ICU staff because they are at their limits. 

• Rage+1 4