2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

It really is just such a stark, noticeable difference in how Biden is conducting himself vs how Trump is.

Even if roles were reversed I cannot see Biden tweeting craziness and conspiracy theories.

I am so ready for Trump to be out of office and for Biden to return some grace and poise to the White House. The need for some steadying executive leadership has never been greater.

Let's finish this fucking deal already.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Holy shit.  
that face you make when you quit using tv commercials during Maury to chase ambulances and frivolous worker’s comp suits for the promise of working for the President. 

Edited by TeeDubya

So many lawsuits have gotten tossed it's hard to keep up.  I wonder how this is is going to end short of him being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming? I don't think he's capable of handling it gracefully.  Someone is going to have to threaten him in to conceding.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

So many lawsuits have gotten tossed it's hard to keep up.  I wonder how this is is going to end short of him being dragged out of the White House kicking and screaming? I don't think he's capable of handling it gracefully.  Someone is going to have to threaten him in to conceding.

Do we need to post the story of how his old man finally was put out to pasture?

40 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Um.  That's kind of a stupid conclusion.

First, putting your ballot in the mail on Sunday is a dolt idiot move.

Second, how can you distinguish ballots "mailed" on Sunday from those mailed on Monday?  Both are receiving postmarks on Monday.  And mailing your mail ballot the day before the election is a bigger dolt idiot move than Sunday, but they're really pretty equivalent.

Third, does anyone expect a normal USPS to deliver overnight?  It happens with local mail, but there doesn't need to be interference or some sinister plan to fuck that up.

It's a shame those votes won't be counted, but chalk it up to the idiots who mailed them the day before the election.  Christ.

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

My cousin who worked in secret service told me if Biden is declared winner and Trump refuses to leave the White House that Trump would have to be forcibly removed by the secret service as he would be considered a threat to a president Biden. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

He'll leave gracefully in exchange for future pardons.

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Second, how can you distinguish ballots "mailed" on Sunday from those mailed on Monday?  Both are receiving postmarks on Monday.  And mailing your mail ballot the day before the election is a bigger dolt idiot move than Sunday, but they're really pretty equivalent.

Third, does anyone expect a normal USPS to deliver overnight?  It happens with local mail, but there doesn't need to be interference or some sinister plan to fuck that up.

It's a shame those votes won't be counted, but chalk it up to the idiots who mailed them the day before the election.  Christ.

Yeah, that’s the biggest issue. Not the law that says votes received after the election aren’t counted. That’s just a good and cool law that is totally fair and every other state has the same law and there’s nothing we can or should do about it and fuck those idiots. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Fox News is really gonna be the first to call the whole thing.

2020, man.

Fox News calling it actually might help this country move on. Then the narrative isn't that the liberal media pushed this. It's their own pushing it. 

• Hook 'Em 4

3 minutes ago, Cousin Strawberry said:

Who is Devine and what can he do to address voter fraud?  That sounds like the name of some drag queen.  

If only Devine belonged to the GOP, a party that controls the White House, and that could order a Republican-led DOJ to do something about Her Emails, and Hunter's Laptop and Obama's Investigation.

But alas, Devine does not belong to the GOP, who refuses to do anything about Her Emails, and Hunter's Laptop and Obama's Investigation.

3 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

My cousin who worked in secret service told me if Biden is declared winner and Trump refuses to leave the White House that Trump would have to be forcibly removed by the secret service as he would be considered a threat to a president Biden. 

Will trump order his SS detail to fight those SS guys that come to remove him?

Went to the PA counting dashboard, just to crunch the numbers. See https://www.electionreturns.pa.gov/ and https://www.votespa.com/About-Elections/Pages/Counting-Dashboard.aspx

It shows the breakdown of how many votes remain to be counted and how the votes are distributed.

Right now, Biden's 258,784 votes behind with 369,364 remaining to be counted. He needs just over 70% to favor him to win PA. Of the mail-in votes tallied so far, 77% have gone for Biden.

It's close, very much too close to call, but that's why the nerds are thinking Biden will win this.

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

You're not wrong, but the wording of that tweet gives no indication of how many of those 150k were mailed Sunday or Monday. It could be interpreted to mean 15% or 75% of that total.

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Will trump order his SS detail to fight those SS guys that come to remove him?

Come the day of the inauguration and swearing-in,, Trump will no longer be able to give orders to anybody.  

And I don't think he wants to test the loyalty of people who he's probably pissed off plenty of times.

Edited by atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

In our city, people were told that if they hand delivered the ballot to a USPS employee inside, it would be taken to the elections office. That being said, I don't recall what day they had to have it to them by and it obviously didn't include Sunday when the Post Office is closed. This was in Texas. I voted in person, but there was a blurb in the local news IIRC. My guess is they were setting those aside since our local mail usually gets taken out of town for sorting now as a cost saving measure or some such explanation. It then gets returned to our town for delivery.

2 minutes ago, kevwun said:

One aspect of Trumpism that makes these legal cases even less likely to succeed is that Trump is absolutely toxic to elite/prestigious law firms and lawyers, so the President of the United State is going to court with a below average legal team (to put it nicely).  George Bush rolled into Florida with an absolutely elite legal team including Jim Baker and Ted Olson. Partisan shills, sure, but brilliant men. Ted Olson wouldn't touch Trump with a ten foot poll. In fact Jones Day is about the only big law firm willing to take Trump as a client, and they are being absolutely skewered from a PR perspective in legal circles (excluding Fed Soc sycophants).  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, heso said:

Goddamn I want PA to be the decider so bad. 

First text I’m firing off in that case is to my Trumper brother in law to let him know that the militsiya will be on its way to collect his guns and assign him his gender neutral pronoun. 

Permission to steal this for my Trumpy brother in ohio?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Some official last night said Maricopa County will have a release at 7pm every night until they are done and would not predict when that would be.

3 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Fox News calling it actually might help this country move on. Then the narrative isn't that the liberal media pushed this. It's their own pushing it. 

Why do you say that? Haven't you heard that Fox News is now a liberal, commie rag? OANN out front should've told you.

Edited by HornOnTheBayou

37 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Yes.  150000 people were dumb enough to drop their ballot in the mail on Sunday?  JFC

I teach college. I’ve spent time this fall with basic civics lessons (voter registration, census, absentee, early voting, etc.). A week before the election, one of my students asked me about trying to get an absentee ballot. School is about 4 hours from home, so in-person voting would have been tough by then.

I encouraged him to try to get home on the Friday before the election to early vote, but barring that, take his chances with an absentee ballot. A 20% chance of getting your vote counted is better than zero.

26 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

Absolutely, which fucking sucks because the health risks going to a polling place and waiting in line are significant for millions of people. Voting by mail is secure and safe but because of this fuckery we knew was coming so many people were asked to make a decision to risk their health or risk being disenfranchised. 

Exactly this. My sister wasn't going to vote due to concern over her son's health. But I persuaded her to use n95 and gloves and go vote. She used a face shield as well and got it done early in the morning. I'm sure many reasonable people decided the other way because they have had family with Covid and death. She lives in RGV which is a red hot spot.