2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

Trump beat reporters came to expect daily anti-Biden trolling by the campaign, followed by complaints from aides about why the media wasn't playing along.

"It's hard to tell a source, 'You guys are full of sh*t, so no one's interested,' but that was more or less the situation," the White House reporter added.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/03/media/campaign-beat-reporters/index.html

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Maybe, but that statement at least counts as tempering expectations.

I usually think the back and forth here is mostly in good fun, but I’m gonna step aside now. Y’all are like military veterans with PTSD. Sharing any Trump positive news feels like I’m setting off black cats behind you. 

get out no GIF

15 minutes ago, Storm the Field said:

Ed Rendell knows PA as well as anyone. He was sounding warning bells in 2016 and one of the guys cautioning that was Biden not as far ahead as some of the polls might make it seem. He seems quite pleased with what he's seeing in Philly and the surrounding burbs.

One of our cousins we're close with is serving as an election clerk in suburban Montgomery County, PA.  She says turnout is heavy, but going smoothly.

And she is someone who would often support a GOP candidate -- on the religiously conservative side of things (VERY traditional approach, but also very active and living the Gospel, too, so it's a mix).  But she and her veteran husband thought that Trump was indefensible before he even won in 2016.  These are people the GOP should have a good shot with.  Right now, they don't.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GRHorn said:

Maybe, but that statement at least counts as tempering expectations.

I usually think the back and forth here is mostly in good fun, but I’m gonna step aside now. Y’all are like military veterans with PTSD. Sharing any Trump positive news feels like I’m setting off black cats behind you. 

Don't let the door hit you in the ass.

• Hook 'Em 4

39 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

What you shouldn't be stressed about: Whether or not Joe wins.

What you should be stressed about: The almost certain possibility that Joe will do basically nothing.

probably because it polls 13 points underwater?

1 hour ago, Kyrie Eleison said:

i voted Biden...i'll take the chorizo, egg and bean on corn tortilla from Martha's on 19th.  if Trump wins, I'll take the chorizo, egg and bean on corn tortilla from Martha's on 19th.

This.  I'm not understanding why my choice of breakfast would depend on who won... other than alcohol, of course.

1 hour ago, horncyclist said:

Anyone have any experience with heroin? 

Son you better be ready for love
On this glory day
This is your chance to believe
What I've got to say
Keep your eyes on the sky
Put a dollar in the kitty
Don't the moon look pretty
Tonight when I chase the dragon
The water will change to cherry wine
And the silver will turn to gold
Time out of mind
I am holding the mystical stone
It's direct from Lasa
Where people are rolling in the snow
Far from the world we know
Children we have it right here
It's the light in my eyes
It's perfection and grace
It's the smile on my face
The water will change to cherry wine
Time out of mind
Children we have it right here
It's the light in my eyes
It's perfection and grace
It's the smile on my face
the water will change to cherry wine
Time out of mind
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, G650 said:

Broward still rocking

Turnout in Miami-Dade looks to be good, too.

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/politics-government/state-politics/article246923312.html

I've seen a tweet that says they're expecting roughly 80% turnout there, which would shatter records. It looks like E-Day turnout is roughly even, which even with a heavy D lean in the county is probably good news for Ds.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

Whatever democratic fundraising organization got my email address is terrible at their jobs. Literally 10 times a day for the last week they send me an email that says "Ehrmagerd, Biden is toast!" or "We have no choice but to abandon Florida". Then the body says, "this is your last chance to correct this catastrophe, donate $x and it will be matched 900% by a super rich guy!" I guess this works since they do it, but damn, it makes me want to tell them to fuck off. 

Those emails are targeting the the olds. They are the only group of people who regularly take acton based on information they receive in a stranger's email. So they're probably effective for that. 

2 hours ago, Skipper said:

I don't know.  On one hand you have people that didn't like either Hillary or Trump that didn't bother to vote in '16 that are motivated to vote Biden.  On the other hand you have the working class white "MAGA" crowd that typically never vote that have somehow been convinced "Team Maga" = their favorite sports team.  I seriously doubt some of my wife's redneck family voted last time now they have Trump hats/shirts, etc.  I don't know what to think.

Bolded is what worries me.  People who normally don't vote but either want to be a part of the loud and obnoxious team (FOMO), or frankly just want to watch the world burn, seeing that Trump as prez causes a lot more discord and craziness.

28 minutes ago, Irwin F Fletcher said:

44,292 votes separated Clinton and Trump in 2016 in PA. 3rd party votes accounted for just over 3% of the total at 168,287 votes). If Biden has improved by 120,000 votes in the suburbs I'm feeling a lot more assured. 

Most of the rest of the state has gotten redder, some of it significantly redder. It used to be a T with a strong dem lean in the Southwest. It’s now just Pittsburgh, state college and the philly area. 

1 minute ago, Storm the Field said:

People in the Trump camp are either feeding Pete Alexander bullshit as some sort of smoke screen, or they're really not feeling it.

Well, there's "attrition " expected for the watch party

27 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

One of our cousins we're close with is serving as an election clerk in suburban Montgomery County, PA.  She says turnout is heavy, but going smoothly.

And she is someone who would often support a GOP candidate -- on the religiously conservative side of things (VERY traditional approach, but also very active and living the Gospel, too, so it's a mix).  But she and her veteran husband thought that Trump was indefensible before he even won in 2016.  These are people the GOP should have a good shot with.  Right now, they don't.

Is that ... optimism?!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

Bolded is what worries me.  People who normally don't vote but either want to be a part of the loud and obnoxious team (FOMO), or frankly just want to watch the world burn, seeing that Trump as prez causes a lot more discord and craziness.

I'm not. Those people like to run their mouth but are too lazy to actually go vote. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Has anything in Pennsylvania ever turned out ideally in the last 100 years?

I can't believe Trump's campaign fucked up something else.  What a shock.  

From the same team that brought us the November 2020 Covid-19 plan of "We shut down travel from China in January!"  It's so weird that stuff doesn't last that long. 

Feeling pretty strong about my 351 EV prediction. It feels like Biden is going to get it done in the southeast, but not quite the mega-wipeout where he gets TX and OH.

I think FL is going to come down to the wire or be a Trump W. But I’ve been on NC for Democrats since super tuesday and haven’t seen anything to reconsider. An there’s a lot of indications in the past couple weeks that Georgia may fuck around and flip.