2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

1 minute ago, Hookah Horns said:

I know I would be. The EC is the dumbest thing inherent to our system of govt. 

It was one thing when we were 13 smallish colonies. It's undemocratic with 50 states, including huge ones like California vs tiny ones like Wyoming. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

I know I would be. The EC is the dumbest thing inherent to our system of govt. 

What are you talking about. Someone winning a vote by 3 million people = mob rule RAAAAWWWWR  derp. Obviously the loser should be the winner instead.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

It was one thing when we were 13 smallish colonies. It's undemocratic with 50 states, including huge ones like California vs tiny ones like Wyoming. 

California has like 20x the EC votes as Wyoming. That isn’t sufficient?  There’s way more republicans in California than there are in Wyoming. 

In Wisconsin, do you think Trump's law and order messaging created shy Trumper's late in the game because of the violence and protests in their backyards and in turn made the polling off even more than the rest of the country?  I've still been thinking about what happened there.

I think it's probably the last time they'll vote D in a long time though as it seems to be trending red and near, if not past the tipping point.  Only because of the orange buffoon's covid gameplan destroying the olds there did it go Dem this cycle.

49 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Somehow this mouth breather has 1.2mn Twitter followers. 

He's right that the Constitution sets one day for the selection of the President, he is wrong about the date.  Election Day is not the date that the President is selected.

The electors of each state meet in their respective state capital on the first Monday after the second Wednesday of December to cast their votes.[16] The results are counted by Congress, where they are tabulated in the first week of January before a joint meeting of the Senate and House of Representatives, presided over by the vice president, as president of the Senate.[16][19] Should a majority of votes not be cast for a candidate, the House turns itself into a presidential election session, where one vote is assigned to each of the fifty states. Similarly, the Senate is responsible for electing the vice president, with each senator having one vote.[20] The elected president and vice president are inaugurated on January 20.

You can argue it is The first Wednesday in December or the first week in January but not that it has to be done by the First Tuesday after a Monday in November unless you are Dotard.  

If they want to argue the EC does not count then go back to the Popular vote.

Edited by TexasEd

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

California has like 20x the EC votes as Wyoming. That isn’t sufficient?  There’s way more republicans in California than there are in Wyoming. 

No it's not, because each individual Wyoming vote is more important. And then there's the huge problem of the disincentive to vote if your state is a lock to be red or blue. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Considering California has almost 70x the population, no, it's not sufficient. And my bigger beef is with the Senate. And the winner take all system is also a serious flaw. If everyone went to the NE and ME model it would be better.

Edited by 'stache
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

oh, you got us now! hey everyone, enchubben's on to us. 

I don't even know why you need to turn this into some sort of conspiracy which is not at all what I am saying.  What I am saying shouldn't even be contentious. The way we administer our presidential election should not come down to having a bunch of dipshits trying to peek through cardboard covered windows while people physically count ballots, and people not hitting the upload button.  That's just common sense.

5 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

You think the dog sleds from Univiakaakaak, Tlikatiakit and Vladville  have gotten to Anchorage or Fairbanks yet?

I have been teaching in Alaska since 2018.  Had to take a cultural studies course.  Old lady...native Alaskan taught.  We learned that natives do not value ideas such as weigh, count, or measure.  I hardly ever said anything, but explained my position that it was important for young hs graduates to be able to weigh, count, measure, so they could survive in a modern world.  I gave the grocery store example.  This idea got a negative reaction by one student and the teacher ignored the conversation.  

Bottom line. I am not surprised.  They may never count the votes.  

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Enchubben said:

I don't even know why you need to turn this into some sort of conspiracy which is not at all what I am saying.  What I am saying shouldn't even be contentious. The way we administer our presidential election should not come down to having a bunch of dipshits trying to peek through cardboard covered windows while people physically count ballots, and people not hitting the upload button.  That's just common sense.

Cool, cool.

Then lobby the largely GOP legislatures in the states that don't allow officials to count these votes before election day to do what sane states do -- process the votes as they arrive, and hold the results until after the "poles" have closed.  Texas does that -- so we know that GOP-run states can do so.  Several of these states had proposals to do that.....defeated by GOP legislatures.

When you are devoted to a team and their cause, don't bitch when you're hoisted on your own petard.

• Hook 'Em 4

50 minutes ago, sachick said:

Trump team’s panicking and throwing out all kinds of lawsuits is the most reassuring sign that Biden will pull it off.

I had given up on Georgia until Trump team filed a lawsuit. Then I thought, what Biden is going to win Georgia otherwise they would not be suing they would just let the vote get counted.

7 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Well since Trump and Biden are in the exact same situation currently, let’s look at how “both sides” are acting.

Biden - “This is democracy in action. Count all the votes. Trust the process and be patient and calm.”

Biden supporters - currently stress eating and doing math on counties they’ve never heard of and shit posting on social media

Trump - “STOP THE COUNT! THE ELECTION IS RIGGED! I’M SUING EVERYONE! GET ME RUDY!”

Trump supporters - currently gathering outside of local election offices with weapons and posting conspiracy theories about sharpies and dead people voting on social media.

So, no, “both sides” are not acting the same.

Either you missed the first part of my claim, or you are being dishonest. Both candidates/parties are not in the same situation; and any reasonable person would agree.  Biden is 99% of the way to election, while Trump is trying to drag out his eventual defeat. So of course Biden supporters and Biden are simply biting their fingernails while hardcore Trump supporters and Trump are lashing out at the results. Flip those numbers and you get the exact same result just from a different group of people.