2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

3 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

1) Someone on a an internet message board saying the Koch family should burn in hell isn't representative of any "party" or ideology. It's a statement that stems from frustrations over some rich assholes who fund a bunch of nefarious bullshit(you know, creating vitriol) not facing any consequences whatsoever.

2) Unless you are a member of the Koch family, nobody told you to burn in hell, you fucking wannabe victim. God damn you're such a Karen. It's surly, grow a pair.

This is how you surly.

The first sign of intelligence, name calling. It’s like I’m talking to my six year old. Go ahead and claim that somehow the Koch brothers are responsible for Covid deaths and they should burn in hell. Clearly you are not unhinged and have thought this through in a very serious manner.

Username does not check out.
You don’t simply walk into the cloakroom and oppose groupthink without facing the wrath of internet points. I know what I’m getting myself into.

Did you really bitch about name calling in one post and then lead with it in another? Lol
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, quigley said:

I liked your post, and the only qualm I have with is is that the Koch's DIRECTLY did this with climate science. When you throw climate science under the bus, you erode confidence in science writ large.

They went to MIT. They're smart and know better. It's simple greed with them.

Steal $10, go to jail.

Steal $10 billion, go to the Aspen Institute.

Beat me to it. It has bled into all science now. Thanks assholes. 

• Hook 'Em 1

If we can get them to take down Fox News and then sequester themselves to dumb digital and fringe networks not carried by all the providers, we might be able to get this country out of the "anything not glowing for the right is fake news" bubble it's stuck in. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, mdmost said:

If we can get them to take down Fox News and then sequester themselves to dumb digital and fringe networks not carried by all the providers, we might be able to get this country out of the "anything not glowing for the right is fake news" bubble it's stuck in. 

How weird it would be to have fox become somewhat of a center news platform. Nah, not happening. 

Just now, Biff Tannen said:

How weird it would be to have fox become somewhat of a center news platform. Nah, not happening. 

No, they'll stay with everything Biden does is awful. The sheep will return after they get tired of Trump TV. It's no different than how they'll all come back to Facebook and Twitter since Parler will suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

16 minutes ago, Hmbre97 said:

I think a lot of the science denying stuff got kicked off by the "God put those dinosaur bones there to test our faith" religious crowd.

I wasn't raised in an Abrahamic faith. Are you serious that some conservative Christians use that explanation for the existence of dinosaur bones?

17 minutes ago, mdmost said:

No, they'll stay with everything Biden does is awful. The sheep will return after they get tired of Trump TV. It's no different than how they'll all come back to Facebook and Twitter since Parler will suck.

Fox is great at what they do. It’s why they have the loyalty they do. Anyone thinking they’re going away anytime soon is fooling themselves. 

A Trump lawyer was on Bill Maher's show last night, and amidst a sea of lies she said "Hillary Clinton still hasn't conceded the 2016 election". I've heard this stated repeatedly recently. It is 100% false. Hillary called Trump to concede that night, and then the next morning gave a concession speech. Any idea how/why this lunacy got started? It's such a bizarre easily disproven lie. 

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

I wasn't raised in an Abrahamic faith. Are you serious that some conservative Christians use that explanation for the existence of dinosaur bones?

Yes. It’s really the go-to explanation for anything that undermines the biblical age of the earth. Carbon 13 dating, fossils, whatever else. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Red Five said:

A Trump lawyer was on Bill Maher's show last night, and amidst a sea of lies she said "Hillary Clinton still hasn't conceded the 2016 election". I've heard this stated repeatedly recently. It is 100% false. Hillary called Trump to concede that night, and then the next morning gave a concession speech. Any idea how/why this lunacy got started? It's such a bizarre easily disproven lie. 

So is, like, 99% of what Trump supporters believe.

They live in a huge information bubble where truth simply doesn't exist.

2 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Of course it is easily disproven, but all they have to say next is "fake news!", even in the face of incriminating video.

Logical thought and reasoning have left, for the most part, all of the GOP and its followers.  You can put a clip of Hillz conceding on a loop, and they will say it was faked, that Hollywood CGI created this clip, CNN made it up, whatever.  Pesky facts can be waived away with two words.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Yes. It’s really the go-to explanation for anything that undermines the biblical age of the earth. Carbon 13 dating, fossils, whatever else. 

Let's be clear here. There is no "biblical age of the earth." Most Young Earth Creationism stems from the work of James Ussher, who initially proposed the year 4004 BC back in the 17th century. Modern American Creationism dates to the early 20th century (particular Henry Morris in the mid-20th).

All of these depend on a literal interpretation of the Bible, which as early as the 4th century was rejected by Christian scholars (notably St. Augustine of Hippo).

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

25 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Bill was awful in that interview. Let her spew all her bullshit and barely pushed back on the biggest lies. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Of course it is easily disproven, but all they have to say next is "fake news!", even in the face of incriminating video.

Logical thought and reasoning have left, for the most part, all of the GOP and its followers.  You can put a clip of Hillz conceding on a loop, and they will say it was faked, that Hollywood CGI created this clip, CNN made it up, whatever.  Pesky facts can be waived away with two words.

Maher said "wait what?" but she had already moved on to her next set of lies. I really wanted to hear an explanation. Considering Hillary gave a nationally televised speech, I'm guessing her argument would have been.... um yeah I don't know. Fake CGI Hillary. 

But they will still believe the edited videos showing voter fraud...quite amazing if you ask me. I keep saying nothing will surprise me anymore, but it always does.

2 minutes ago, BrickHorn said:

Exactly. We’re at the point where Fox is, almost by default, a voice of reason. It’s insanity.

Some Fox Newsers are openly taunting Trumpkins. And Trumpkin twits (like Ms. Brigitte Gabriel) want to cancel Fox for making fun of Trumpkins.  

Trumpkins are the snake eating its tail. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Red Five said:

There are two kinds of truth.  One is the real and actual truth.  The other is what republicans believe.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

And she's 100% right. This country has always required black people to show amazing amounts of grace in the face of absolute hatred. It never affords a black person the same level of anger that it does white people. Our nation requires black people to turn the other cheek when confronted or attacked. It requires black people to always be the bigger person. Look at any time a black person is assaulted on Twitter and expected to forgive the attacker. Now watch as the angry black woman (Kamala) will be the meme going forward from the right. Fuck that side and their alternate reality. They can reconcile with us when they choose to accept what this country has become and not the fantasyland they wish it to be. 

As a Black activist said in the wake of the George Floyd murder”, white people should be very thankful Black Americans just want justice and not revenge.
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

this is the hope. cults grow with two things; new brains to fuck over and the other side "attacking" them. 

hopefully on Parler we lose the latter half of this equation and they start to have splitters!

FFCORq5vyKoA.gif

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, BradInATX said:

Free money. Bunch of us cleaned up on it. See the PredictIt thread on here. Best thing going in the CR

I think@GRHorn was the only one on the thread that managed to not win money.

Ha, I forgot about that troll. Below was his last post on Surly. Notice the time stamp. During the four hour period where MAGA was lit.

On 11/4/2020 at 1:48 AM, GRHorn said:

You’re 100% right. Trump takes Michigan and one or both of Wisconsin and Pennsylvania. It’s over. Sorry. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

Goeb holding out that the dems are stealing votes in AZ and NV, a recount will flip to Biden, and the Supreme Court will overturn PA.

Texas deserves so much better than what we elect.

All Trump needs to do is win a bunch of states that he lost. Then he's president. Problem solved. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

The jokes write themselves.  Great Politico article about how Giuliani has already wrecked Trump's well-laid legal plans. AHAHAHAHAHA!

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/14/giuliani-trump-legal-plans-436475

Unless you want advice on how to marry your cousin, Giuliani is useless. 

Edited by qwertyu1234