2020 Presidential Election -- Biden v Trump: Sleepy Joe vs Dopey Don [Results begin on page 409]

Patrick Bateman

4 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

New page

That dude in the background is a pro.

"How do I make sure that everyone watching knows that me and my son are not down with this crazy without the attention that would come with openly laughing at what the President of the United States is saying."

2 hours ago, aggie08 said:

That dude in the background is a pro.

"How do I make sure that everyone watching knows that me and my son are not down with this crazy without the attention that would come with openly laughing at what the President of the United States is saying."

Pretty sure that was an Iceman “bullshit” cough he did when dotard got started. 

15 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

Y'all gritty shirt peeps getting multiple "nice shirt" shoutouts when you wear them? Got 3 in costco just now including a guy stopping me to ask where I got it. Gritty has created an underground meme society.

Testify. I've received free pints at a couple local Austin-area breweries when I wear mine (immediately followed by "where can I get that?")

On 12/11/2020 at 4:33 PM, BradInATX said:

Y'all gritty shirt peeps getting multiple "nice shirt" shoutouts when you wear them? Got 3 in costco just now including a guy stopping me to ask where I got it. Gritty has created an underground meme society.

Just the one SWA FA a couple of weeks ago on our trip down to Texas, haven't worn it since. 

Fool(s).  Money.  Yada.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gamblers-bet-big-on-trump-and-now-they-now-claim-fraud?ref=home?ref=home

Despite betting money on President Donald Trump’s re-election, Helen was unflapped when Joe Biden was declared the victor.

She watched press conferences by Trump surrogates who claimed the election was a fraud. She watched a pro-Trump web show that alleged the same. Then, using the online gambling service Betfair, she wagered even more money on a Trump victory after Election Day.

“To be honest, the more likely it looked like fraud, the more I bet,” Helen, an Amsterdam-based British woman who declined to give her last name, told The Daily Beast.

Had Trump won re-election, Helen would have won nearly 2.7 million euros, according to screenshots of her Betfair account. But Betfair and other gambling sites closed the books on their 2020 presidential betting on Monday, after the Electoral College certified Biden’s victory. Now Helen, who says she’s lost approximately €140,000 and believes the election results will be overturned, is joining other bettors in accusing gambling sites of wrongly calling the election for Biden.

Some of those Trump bettors are turning to conspiracy theories about election fraud—and threats to visit the homes of gambling company employees.

Americans (with a few exceptions) cannot legally bet on elections, but gamblers in Europe and Asia poured millions into the 2020 presidential race. Some of those bettors, like a Brit who wagered about $1 million on Biden, became significantly richer when betting sites began paying out after Biden’s Electoral College win on Monday.

Others were not so lucky. Some of these European bettors have become deeply invested in U.S. election fraud conspiracy theories, which they (still, despite everything) say will result in an overturned election, and the return of their money.

Spoiler

Jordan Lea, a U.K. man, told The Daily Beast he had “around £50,000 riding on Trump winning.” He and others say they are appealing to Betfair to undo its payouts, ostensibly because Trump could still win (he can’t).

Lea and Helen both said Biden’s victory was up for debate because Republicans in several states had filed lawsuits challenging the election, while other Republican legislators had assembled pro-Trump “alternate” electors to challenge Biden’s win in their states. Proponents of the “alternate” voter scheme claim Vice-President Mike Pence will choose those pro-Trump votes instead of the legitimate ones when, per the 12th Amendment, Congress convenes to ratify the Electoral College vote on January 6.

In actuality, none of those maneuvers have any chance of flipping the election for Trump. Dozens of pro-Trump election lawsuits have been tossed, including by the conservative-led Supreme Court. And the so-called “alternate” electors do not have any legal standing, despite some Republicans championing them as a way to hand blue states to Trump. There is “zero chance such a maneuver by Pence or the Republicans will succeed if they are bold enough to try this,” one elections expert told the Associated Press of the tactic.

And the fact of Trump’s defeat became even more ironclad on Tuesday, when GOP Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell explicitly congratulated Biden as the victor, after weeks of silence.

Still, the election’s results were uncertain enough for sites like Betfair to hold off on declaring a winner until Biden received his Electoral College victory on December 14. “We will only settle the markets when there is certainty around which candidate has the most projected Electoral College votes,” Betfair announced on November 5, two days after the election.

WIth Betfair still accepting wagers long after voting had stopped, some bettors like Helen dropped more money on the race, on the basis of voter-fraud theories.

“I watched the hearings of Rudy Guiliani and Jenna Ellis for ballot fraud, I listed [sic] to Sidney Powell and Lin Wood for the election fraud,” she said, in reference to conspiratorial lawyers arguing in Trump’s favor. “It looked very, very likely from the day of the election like it was fraud and as more info came out, I was more convinced of the win. Which is why I have such a large amount riding on it.”

Lea said it was wrong for Betfair to call the election after Biden’s Electoral College win because the company “explicitly told us that they're aware of these alternate electors and still claim that there is 100% certainty surrounding the Electoral College vote.”

He claimed an early version of Betfair’s terms and conditions said the site would pay out bets only when a candidate won the majority of Electoral College votes, and that on November 27, the site quietly changed its rules to read, the “most projected Electoral College votes.” (In fact an archived version of the site and its terms and conditions from November 6 shows the language about “projected” votes.) He said that had he known Betfair would settle its bets when the Electoral College projected a winner, he would have “cashed out immediately” and used a different betting service.

Betfair did not immediately return a request for comment.

Lea and other aggrieved Europeans have gathered in chat rooms to assemble evidence for what they say will be a large claim against betting companies.

“We have thousands of screenshots documenting the LIES we were told by the live chat assistants, as we have grouped together in various chatrooms and are pooling the evidence together to stake our claim,” he said.

Not all of the chatrooms target Betfair. A chat room on the messaging platform Telegram also took aim at the company Bet365, with multiple members claiming to either be lawyers or have consulted lawyers on the case.

Others said they were actively pursuing lawsuits.

“Billy Bets,” a U.K.-based gambler and owner of a small pro-Trump forum, told The Daily Beast he and 15 other people in his new anti-Betfair Whatsapp group were pursuing legal action against the company for paying out Biden bets.

“I have a background in political betting over 5 years, and I can say that over this time I have never experienced the scope of passion of the people voting for Trump,” he told The Daily Beast. “Big tech, the mainstream media, and pollster[s] all said Trump had no chance, people believed in Trump so much so that they went against the status quo to vote for him.”

He claimed he ”personally 'lost' £9500, so I am committed to getting it back.”

In the anti-Bet365 Telegram group, one anonymous person appeared to threaten company employees. “I have the geo location of where some members of Bet365 live just so patriots know,” the person wrote. A spokesperson for the company could not immediately be reached for comment.

Another user replied that the suggestion was “fucked. We’re not antifa.”

“Maybe it's time we became them,” the original poster wrote back. “They are trying to take everything.”

The only certainty among many of the bettors was that Trump would be re-inaugurated on January 20. Which, of course, he will not be.

“I figured it would be either a void election and get my money back or it would be a Trump win via the terms of the 12th Amendment,” Helen, the Amsterdam woman said. “Either way Trump will be inaugurated on 20th January and I expect Betfair to pay out accordingly.”

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

Fool(s).  Money.  Yada.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/gamblers-bet-big-on-trump-and-now-they-now-claim-fraud?ref=home?ref=home

Hide contents

Jordan Lea, a U.K. man, told The Daily Beast he had “around £50,000 riding on Trump winning.” He and others say they are appealing to Betfair to undo its payouts, ostensibly because Trump could still win (he can’t).

Lea and Helen both said Biden’s victory was up for debate because Republicans in several states had filed lawsuits challenging the election, while other Republican legislators had assembled pro-Trump “alternate” electors to challenge Biden’s win in their states. Proponents of the “alternate” voter scheme claim Vice-President Mike Pence will choose those pro-Trump votes instead of the legitimate ones when, per the 12th Amendment, Congress convenes to ratify the Electoral College vote on January 6.

In actuality, none of those maneuvers have any chance of flipping the election for Trump. Dozens of pro-Trump election lawsuits have been tossed, including by the conservative-led Supreme Court. And the so-called “alternate” electors do not have any legal standing, despite some Republicans championing them as a way to hand blue states to Trump. There is “zero chance such a maneuver by Pence or the Republicans will succeed if they are bold enough to try this,” one elections expert told the Associated Press of the tactic.

And the fact of Trump’s defeat became even more ironclad on Tuesday, when GOP Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell explicitly congratulated Biden as the victor, after weeks of silence.

Still, the election’s results were uncertain enough for sites like Betfair to hold off on declaring a winner until Biden received his Electoral College victory on December 14. “We will only settle the markets when there is certainty around which candidate has the most projected Electoral College votes,” Betfair announced on November 5, two days after the election.

WIth Betfair still accepting wagers long after voting had stopped, some bettors like Helen dropped more money on the race, on the basis of voter-fraud theories.

“I watched the hearings of Rudy Guiliani and Jenna Ellis for ballot fraud, I listed [sic] to Sidney Powell and Lin Wood for the election fraud,” she said, in reference to conspiratorial lawyers arguing in Trump’s favor. “It looked very, very likely from the day of the election like it was fraud and as more info came out, I was more convinced of the win. Which is why I have such a large amount riding on it.”

Lea said it was wrong for Betfair to call the election after Biden’s Electoral College win because the company “explicitly told us that they're aware of these alternate electors and still claim that there is 100% certainty surrounding the Electoral College vote.”

He claimed an early version of Betfair’s terms and conditions said the site would pay out bets only when a candidate won the majority of Electoral College votes, and that on November 27, the site quietly changed its rules to read, the “most projected Electoral College votes.” (In fact an archived version of the site and its terms and conditions from November 6 shows the language about “projected” votes.) He said that had he known Betfair would settle its bets when the Electoral College projected a winner, he would have “cashed out immediately” and used a different betting service.

Betfair did not immediately return a request for comment.

Lea and other aggrieved Europeans have gathered in chat rooms to assemble evidence for what they say will be a large claim against betting companies.

“We have thousands of screenshots documenting the LIES we were told by the live chat assistants, as we have grouped together in various chatrooms and are pooling the evidence together to stake our claim,” he said.

Not all of the chatrooms target Betfair. A chat room on the messaging platform Telegram also took aim at the company Bet365, with multiple members claiming to either be lawyers or have consulted lawyers on the case.

Others said they were actively pursuing lawsuits.

“Billy Bets,” a U.K.-based gambler and owner of a small pro-Trump forum, told The Daily Beast he and 15 other people in his new anti-Betfair Whatsapp group were pursuing legal action against the company for paying out Biden bets.

“I have a background in political betting over 5 years, and I can say that over this time I have never experienced the scope of passion of the people voting for Trump,” he told The Daily Beast. “Big tech, the mainstream media, and pollster[s] all said Trump had no chance, people believed in Trump so much so that they went against the status quo to vote for him.”

He claimed he ”personally 'lost' £9500, so I am committed to getting it back.”

In the anti-Bet365 Telegram group, one anonymous person appeared to threaten company employees. “I have the geo location of where some members of Bet365 live just so patriots know,” the person wrote. A spokesperson for the company could not immediately be reached for comment.

Another user replied that the suggestion was “fucked. We’re not antifa.”

“Maybe it's time we became them,” the original poster wrote back. “They are trying to take everything.”

The only certainty among many of the bettors was that Trump would be re-inaugurated on January 20. Which, of course, he will not be.

“I figured it would be either a void election and get my money back or it would be a Trump win via the terms of the 12th Amendment,” Helen, the Amsterdam woman said. “Either way Trump will be inaugurated on 20th January and I expect Betfair to pay out accordingly.”

I’m recommend those people double down on their trump will win bets. Put up the house, etc. He will stop the steal! Double down!

21 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

I’m recommend those people double down on their trump will win bets. Put up the house, etc. He will stop the steal! Double down!

Fuck that.  Ye Olde Betting House of Brisket is open for wagers -- if any of them would like to place further wagers on Trump to win the election, I will take their wagers.  They can make back all that they already bet, and more!

Jesus.  On my deathbed, my greatest regret will be that I didn't get in early, and big, on fleecing Trumpkin idiots.  It's just gobs of money, there for the taking.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

18 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Fuck that.  Ye Olde Betting House of Brisket is open for wagers -- if any of them would like to place further wagers on Trump to win the election, I will take their wagers.  They can make back all that they already bet, and more!

Jesus.  On my deathbed, my greatest regret will be that I didn't get in early, and big, on fleecing Trumpkin idiots.  It's just gobs of money, there for the taking.

We really are the fools for not taking advantage of this. Plus we even had the experience with aggy to show us the way early on. Businesses have been doing this to aggy for decades.

25 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So much this.  I would still feel bad on some level, but I would just take a march around in my gold pants and I'm sure I'd feel better.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

He's been fleecing them and now threatens to burn their home and nation down. And yet, they just can't quit him.  

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

So, are you backing off the ledge, or is the ledge just postponed for 2 years?

• Hook 'Em 1

18 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Remember back when a slightly drunk Brisket and Pescado had the idea to make a goofy outdoor show targeted to rednecks, then laughed it off as too preposterous to work? Then Duck Dynasty came along and made a bunch of North Louisiana rednecks filthy rich by basically stealing our idea? I remember. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

Remember back when a slightly drunk Brisket and Pescado had the idea to make a goofy outdoor show targeted to rednecks, then laughed it off as too preposterous to work? Then Duck Dynasty came along and made a bunch of North Louisiana rednecks filthy rich by basically stealing our idea? I remember. 

Mother......FUCKER.  I had forgotten that.  Jesus, it was absolutely a kajillion dollar idea.  And we would have been MUCH more hilariously inept than the Duck Dynasty crew -- would have made for TV gold.

My ideas of dignity and ethics have cost me multiple fortunes at this point.  Idiot.

15 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I would like to correct the record for the Senator: "Some of you are better than this."

Some of them are quite happy to have no ethical quandry when it comes to serving themselves.

What did Senate Republicans do today? On top of the usual fuckery, of course.

Just now, aggie08 said:

What did Senate Republicans do today? On top of the usual fuckery, of course.

Short list Cliff Notes:

Both-sided death threats against Chris Krebs and other election workers.

Senator Johnson (as chairman, sadly, so he gets away with shit) aired grievances and lies sans mask and I'm thinking a disinfectant plume should've been spritzing the air surrounding him every ten seconds or so.

Rand Paul was his usual unhinged stupid sorry assed righteous outraged dickhead self.

The Republicans still declare fraud without proof, and utter lies without blinking which Josh Hawley straight-faced proposed with the "citizens believe Republican's claims of fraud, therefore there is fraud" schtick.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 12/7/2020 at 12:51 PM, jimmyjazz said:

This is the man who, after the election, said it was the most secure election in US history "except for the Democrats".

He is literally (literally!) as dumb as a box of hammers.  God I hate this man so much.

He is just astoundingly moronic. I remember poking fun at W some and mother of god if ol' George isn't an elite mother fucking academic compared to this orange dipshit. I mean it's an order of magnitude difference in intelligence.

8 minutes ago, LTbear said:

He is just astoundingly moronic. I remember poking fun at W some and mother of god if ol' George isn't an elite mother fucking academic compared to this orange dipshit. I mean it's an order of magnitude difference in intelligence.

Maybe Ivy League universities should stop accepting people like them and then passing them, just because of their family. It’s not like they need the donations. Might only be one reason they think they are smart but it’s probably a big reason. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, LTbear said:

Trump makes Sarah fucking Palin look brilliant. 😜

• Hook 'Em 2