Donald Trump 2018

TheFlyingBoat

4 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Those Canadian girls really got around in high school. At any given time, probably 3 times the female population of Canada are supposedly having summer flings with American high school boys. 

Dammit, I already knew I missed out on quite a bit in high school dating the same person but now you tell me I missed out on the Canadians too? Can I get a do over without it being considered a felony at this point?

bad teammate has provided me with a lot of entertaining reading material over the last few pages. The screwed up part of the whole equation in American politics is the two sides we are required to choose between. Now you tell me we can’t move from one side to the other and that we’re branded with the scarlet R or D for life? It’s amazing that we have arrived at the fucked up place we currently reside in with that kind of system. Oh wait, no it’s not.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Fuck yes that's right. The first and foremost structural political issue at play right now is the over-extension of executive branch power resulting from a totally fucking worthless and dysfunctional legislative branch.  Article 1 is Article 1 for a reason. In a system with a properly constrained executive branch, and a functional congress, Trump is contained. The Paris climate agreement, executed as a treaty cannot be unwound by executive fiat.  The Iran deal is not unwound by executive fiat. Immigration policy does not become a matter of executive order, but one of duly implemented law, policies, and procedures. Trumps trade wars are avoided when Congress actually fulfills their Art. 1 Sec. 8 responsibility. The executive branch needs to have its wings cut, and Congress needs to stop being worthless cunts. Hugo can call that asking questions or bothersiderism or whatever. I call it the reality of our fundamental problem. 

Corker says the dam is breaking and Congress is going to take control back. Maybe he’ll finally remember he’s not running again and make an effort.

Edited by Brew

10 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

The executive branch needs to have its wings cut, and Congress needs to stop being worthless cunts. Hugo can call that asking questions or bothersiderism or whatever. I call it the reality of our fundamental problem. 

That's not the kind of bothsiderism on which you were originally pegged.  It had to do with your flittering Heisenberg alternation between over the top mockery and dismissal of any suggestion a conspiracy between Trump, the GOP, and shared corrupt intents with Russians on one hand, and the conviction that all corners of our system of govt should slide into a lake of magma.  just really freaking weird.  You effectively defend the actors conspiring with Putin but then rail that the country in't worth salvaging when it looks like they might get exposed.

30 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Hugo can call that asking questions or bothersiderism or whatever. I call it the reality of our fundamental problem

It’s that you singled out the democrats instead of  blaming the people with actual power now when there is good motivation to reign in the executive.

The dems regaining control is not a foregone conclusion, yet you’re already coming after them guns blazing because “both sides are the same” and “I have my doubts”.

It reeks of concern trolling.

Yeah, it would be great if Congress would start doing its fucking job.  They should start tomorrow by holding the administration accountable for egregious human rights abuses at the border.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

This entire thread of videos is crazy. The motherfucker has no interest in telling the truth. Ever. It’s disgusting to see this glob of orange shit demean the office of President. 

God, how far have we fallen?  Our president criticizes the British Prime Minister behind her back a day before flattering her to her face, tells an interviewer that the EU is America's "foe," then immediately says journalists who accurately reported things he said are "fake news."  Then he flies to Helsinki and while standing beside Putin, takes a full "pass" when offered numerous chances to say that they hacked our elections, instead apologizes on behalf of America and repeatedly dismisses America's intelligence agencies in favor of the word of a murderous KGB agent who seeks to harm us.   For an encore, he flies back to sit down with Tucker Carlson and repeat numerous white nationalist talking points.  All of this in like 5 days.  

And, by the way, Tucker opens that interview with, "What country has ever benefitted from mass immigration?" and the correct answer was "America," dotard.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's because just like b_t you are missing the point entirely. The point is to get the current POTUS and more generally the current iteration of the GOP out of office. Not to pretend that the defectors are going to remain Democrat forever.

I will be voting Democrat in elections to national office for the first time in my life this November. I am not going to pretend that I will continue voting Democrat indefinitely.

this is really the key. @bad_teammate is worst teammate. seriously, dude, fuck you and your mother. you are on the precipice of getting EXACTLY what your party wants, and WHAT THIS COUNTRY NEEDS, and you're all "nah, cool fuck these voters, eat shit, fake hipsters." seriously, do you not understand that your GREAT VICTORY is at hand?

you may win over the voters you have wanted! these are the actual social liberal voters YOU WANT! here they are, asking for succor, and here you are all "fuck off, financial conservatives, because of your conservative polices" instead of saying, "come on n yall. we have our differences, but fuck this guy. we can talk about other shit later, but we agree on gay shit, and some other social shit, but we may disagree with some other shit, but let's all agree to CUT OUT THE FUCKING CANCER."

but no. worst teammate cannot acept people under the tent. BRING THEM IN DUMBASS. christ.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

It’s that you singled out the democrats instead of  blaming the people with actual power now when there is good motivation to reign in the executive.

Shit. I gave up on the Republicans some time ca. 2002/3. I "singled out the Democrats" by asking "When the Dems take over in 2018/20 are they going to rein in the executive branch" in response to a tweet that you posted telling us "This Republican Congress has proven incapable of fulfilling the Founders’ design that 'Ambition must ... counteract ambition.' All who believe in this country’s values must vote for Democrats this fall."

Jesus Hugo, your attention span is better than this. But of course I am the one trolling.  

Edited by Anastasis

26 minutes ago, triplehorn said:

That's not the kind of bothsiderism on which you were originally pegged.  It had to do with your flittering Heisenberg alternation between over the top mockery and dismissal of any suggestion a conspiracy between Trump, the GOP, and shared corrupt intents with Russians on one hand, and the conviction that all corners of our system of govt should slide into a lake of magma.  just really freaking weird.  You effectively defend the actors conspiring with Putin but then rail that the country in't worth salvaging when it looks like they might get exposed.

Most of the real outright mocking was directed at the "President Hatch by Easter," "Manafort and Stone running underground DC swinger rings", and "SCOTUS master at arms impeachment procedures" nonsense.  But I will admit that I was wrong and have come around to the 25th amendment play.  I think that that one has some legs to it at this point. I still don't think that Trump is capable of coordinating with a paper bag, but he has demonstrated right out psychological impairment that is sufficient to start the process. 

Edited by Anastasis

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

Most of the real outright mocking was directed at the "President Hatch by Easter," "Manafort and Stone running underground DC swinger rings", and "SCOTUS master at arms impeachment procedures" nonsense.  But I will admit that I was wrong and have come around to the 25th amendment play.  I think that that one has some legs to it at this point. I still don't think that Trump is capable of coordinating with a paper bag, but he has demonstrated right out psychological impairment that is sufficient to start the process. 

I remember the Prez Hatch storyline, but I really do not recall the swinger rings or SCOTUS tales on the old board. And shit, Roger Stone is a swinger

6 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

That's because just like b_t you are missing the point entirely. The point is to get the current POTUS and more generally the current iteration of the GOP out of office. Not to pretend that the defectors are going to remain Democrat forever.

I will be voting Democrat in elections to national office for the first time in my life this November. I am not going to pretend that I will continue voting Democrat indefinitely.

This shouldn't be hard to understand. I'll explain it in pictures.

Unite to toss out Trump as he is the biggest threat to the nation.

giphy.gif

Then after the threat is removed everyone proceeds to kick the shit out of each other.

200.gif

• Like 7
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Is Tahoe banned, rolling as a sock now, or just gone? Did he clutch his chest and keel over in the Bama sun, dropping his last box of donuts on the sizzling sidewalk, while trying to formulate one last not-so-subtly racist "question"? 

He bailed.  He'll be back at some point I would think.

9 hours ago, Fozzz said:

As far as issues that Dems can emphasize, the collusion with Russia issue is unlikely to have much salience with many voters. The “situation with Russia” doesn’t even register when Gallup polls the most important problems facing the US, for instance. 

https://news.gallup.com/poll/1675/most-important-problem.aspx

i think it would behoove Dems to emphasize issues that would have more of a direct and material impact on ordinary peoples’ lives, like healthcare, injecting demand into the economy, etc. 

When was that poll taken?  Because new information has come to light, man.

7 hours ago, MaybeACoordinator said:

Musk is gonna come apart before he ever has a chance to run for office. He is not the techbro you are looking for. 

Well that and he can't run for president due to the fact he was born in South Africa to South African (well his mom is half Canuck) parents.

Edited by Fudge Nuggets

What a fucking tweet. "People at the higher ends of intelligence". LMFAO. Billy Bob Racist Redneck is lapping that up no doubt. The dipshit in chief can't even spell "collusion" properly, yet is claiming only the super intelligent & ultra elite supporters of him realize his true genius.

Hurry up, Mueller. For the sake of this nation, hurry up.

26 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Welcome to the present where the President just called everyone who thought he didn't do well at the press conference stupid. 

It's like he posts on this board or something...

25 minutes ago, SimonBolivar said:

I thought he was talking about higher ups in the intelligence community, which is a lie of course but different than /r/iamverysmart.

8 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

That’s how I read it. 

How the hell can you read it in any way other than he's calling more than half of America stupid?

2 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

How the hell can you read it in any way other than he's calling more than half of America stupid?

I read it the same way as Simon Bolivar.  It doesn't matter any way.  Dotard gets no benefit of the doubt.  If he can't write a coherent sentence that's on him.  And the entire tweet was  nonsense anyway.  Other than promising results from a secret agreement with Putin, which JFC, what Trump meant doesn't matter.

16 hours ago, David Dennison said:

This is just like his Charlottesville do over. He was reading something prepared by staff that he obviously didn't want to read. He even threw in a "both sides."

Yup.  And then he backtracked on his forced "correction" by the staff a few hours later in that tweet.

9 hours ago, Ghost of LL said:

Yes--so popular, in fact, that such policies do not even attain majority support within the Democratic Party.  So popular that only a minority of the Democratic caucus in either house of Congress supports such policies.

Yes--you're doing a splendid job of passing your agenda.  Tell me, as the permanent minority party pursuing policies favored by a minority of voters and a minority of legislators, how exactly do you expect to get anything passed?

You see, I can count votes, and you don't have the votes.

Quit confusing the current Democrat party with that of what people actually want. Like I posted earlier, this party is going to be pulled left whether establishment Dems like it or not.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/blogs/plum-line/wp/2018/04/17/memo-to-democrats-the-progressive-economic-agenda-is-popular/

39 minutes ago, Bookman said:

That's not what he said, but then again this is Trump and his command of English is at a second- or third-grade level.

Let me quote George Will where he also called Trump a "sad, embarrassing wreck of a man."

Precision is not part of Trump’s repertoire: He speaks English as though it is a second language that he learned from someone who learned English last week.